test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dual Classing, Concept Thread

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
While I know alot of players out there would like to see multiclassing with the idea of being able to mix and match powers from all classes at your leisure like how "Champions Online" handles it. But I just dont see that happening in fact I belive a system like that would destroy Neverwinter, So I kept thinking about how it could actually work. The Idea of Multiclassing replacing your Paragon class was a good start, now I think I've got one better.

First Note that this idea should be restricted only to a Zen purchase, with a cost equal to about double what an additional character slot should cost.

You can freely switch back and forth between multiple classes on a single character. IE Your Guardian Fighter makes this purchase and chooses Great Weapon Fighter as an additional class. You now have 2 classes on a single character, being free to switch back and forth depending on which class you want to play. Your new class starts at around lv 5-10 (You know after tutorial level) and you must level this class separately from your main class. You gain all feats and powers of the new class just like it was any other class. You gain a 2nd equipment page for your new class that cannot be accessed when playing your other class. (basically putting your other classes gear in an untouchable pocket dimension while you play your other class). You can only change classes at a campfire. If this is not restrictive enough use a special NPC in Neverwinter.

The idea is now all those fighter fans that dont want to choose between 2handed or a shield can now have both on one character. This is great for players that only want to play a single character. Now with these secondary classes I see alot of them playing foundry missions to level as you have already done all the other quests on your main class. Now is the perfect time to really explore foundry content you might not otherwise have played. What I also like about this idea is that you may see more non-standard race and class combinations as you are no longer picking the "ideal" race for your one class. Half-Orc Wizard anyone? His main is Rogue.

This is a multiclassing system that will not cause any imbalance in game play, but give you so much for your one character, making them alot cooler and more special without making them the least bit more powerful.

Thoughts? Vote on the pole above
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    How would the respeccing work on such a character?
    '-'
    Would it cost 2x to respec? Or would it just respec only one "class" of the character? etc.
    .-.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably one respec one class only