test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wont it be over crowded?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Think about it. There's going to be a lot of us in there at the same time. Wont we all get cramped by trying to do the quests at the same time? Or am I missing something.
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It won't be, read the FAQ on their server section should answer your question.
  • sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Each area is broken down into an unlimited number of channels. Once a channel reaches a certain population, the server automatically creates a new channel and starts placing players in that channel.

As the population decreases, the channels are destroyed. At most, you will only ever see as many players in an area as your channel supports.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IIRC each map can have near unlimited amount of existences. a new one created every 18 players or so with a 20 player cap.
    towns will be crowded with a player limit at around 100 I think.
  • gridwardengridwarden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Much of the game is instanced, so overcrowding won't be much of an issue for many of the quest lines. Of course, I don't expect everyone to be able to get in at the same time, thus the queue to get in.

..but that's what our VIP access is for :p
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The game creates instances of the same areas on demand. So if an area is crowded, the game creates a new copy of that same zone and puts new people in there. You will not have problems doing your quests. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gridwarden wrote: »
    Much of the game is instanced, so overcrowding won't be much of an issue for many of the quest lines. Of course, I don't expect everyone to be able to get in at the same time, thus the queue to get in.

..but that's what our VIP access is for :p

Of course seeing that everyone logging in tomorrow will have VIP access... guess it's first come, first served. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cool. Thanks people. :cool:
  • sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I doubt the several hundred/thousand players that are going to be on tomorrow is going to activate the queues. :P If it does, I hate to see the queue length on the 30th.
    edited April 2013
    How will we be sure to play with a friend? Might they end up on/in another channel?
    edited April 2013
    From what I noticed in BW4, the server will prioritize the channel that your party/friends/guild are in (in that order). Even so much as to go over the channel limit to put you in the same channel.
    edited April 2013
    Cool. Thanks! :cool:
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The open maps are just larger instances (of hundreds of people). You can switch freely between instances though.
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    sjiro wrote: »
    From what I noticed in BW4, the server will prioritize the channel that your party/friends/guild are in (in that order). Even so much as to go over the channel limit to put you in the same channel.

And you can go to certain channels in the channel tab