test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tarmalune Bar Vendor

bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just want to verify something

One person has said that the only way these bars will be obtained is by lockboxes. Is this fact? Is this the ONLY way these bars will be obtained? Will they be something that can be crafted or obtained from level 60 content Via Gauntlgrym?

I would like a response with a Dev link in it or one of the admin/Devs themselves rather than opinons of what YOU think it will be from what you were told. First hand information please.
26.jpg
Post edited by bismar7 on

Comments

• Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is this Gauntlgrym I keep reading on some posts? I know its a Salvatore book, but is there some area, dungeon, whatever based on it in the game, since you asked if you could get items from it?
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leomutreta wrote: »
    What is this Gauntlgrym I keep reading on some posts? I know its a Salvatore book, but is there some area, dungeon, whatever based on it in the game, since you asked if you could get items from it?

It is a large scale end game event that mixes PvE and PvP in one big battle. I am not sure of the massive scale of it because all I have to go in is developer interviews.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    Just want to verify something

One person has said that the only way these bars will be obtained is by lockboxes. Is this fact? Is this the ONLY way these bars will be obtained? Will they be something that can be crafted or obtained from level 60 content Via Gauntlgrym?

I would like a response with a Dev link in it or one of the admin/Devs themselves rather than opinons of what YOU think it will be from what you were told. First hand information please.

With it being T-MINUS: 14 HOURS : 26 MINUTES, I highly doubt you will get any dev response. They are likely scrambling like mad for launch. I doubt any of them are even going to read the forums for a while.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm not looking for a response from them exactly; im looking for a quote FROM them to verify this.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    It is a large scale end game event that mixes PvE and PvP in one big battle. I am not sure of the massive scale of it because all I have to go in is developer interviews.
    Humm, interesting. Thanks argantis.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lvl 60 20 v 20 pvp area.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't seen any post by Developers explaining the exact details behind the box or how to obtain one. We do have tooltips from in game showing what was available from said lockbox (via the Keys in the Zen Store).
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The info about the Nightmare Lockbox was contained in Beta Weekend 3 by clicking on the lockbox keys in the C-Store. Basically about 10 Trade Bars are included in each lockbox. While it is possible to get some Trade Bars from other methods, the majority will be from lockboxes.

There was patch notes that included how to get lockboxes in Beta Weekend 4, but it was taken down due to lockboxes being delayed. Basically, any mob at level 10 or above has a chance to drop a lockbox. It might be possible to get lockboxes through the Auction House.

This is the information I found on the Lockbox and Trade Bar Store.
    The first lockbox has been revealed by looking at the lockbox keys in the C-Store. Not sure what happened to the lockbox keys in the Celestial Coin Store.

The very rare items are Armored Nightmare, Phoera companion which is like a phoenix except for the whole rise from the ashes aspect, Terror Flame which I assume to be a weapon enhancement that gives an interesting visual effect to the sword, Brilliant Insignia which is an enhancement of some type, and Indomitable Runestone.

The rare items are Gloomwrought Weapons Crate and Jeweled Idol which can be traded for 40,000 Astral Diamonds.

The uncommon items are Coffer of Enchantments, Coffer of Runestones, and Leadership Profession Pack. These all seem to be items that give random rewards.

Each lockbox contains about 10 Tarmalune Trade Bars.

In the Trade Bar Store, the mounts are the Blue Armored Nightmare and Heavy Armored White Horse for 1600 Trade Bars, the Nightmare for 700 Trade Bars, and the Light Armored White Horse for 1000 Trade Bars. I assume the difference between the Blue Armored Nightmare and Armored Nightmare is just color scheme. The companions are Fire Archon for 1000 Trade Bars and the Cat for 700 Trade Bars. The Fire Archon is a Striker Companion that does fire damage and the Cat is an Augment Companion that increases Critical Chance and Recovery, but doesn't attack. Very Rare Level 60 Weapons are available for 1000 Trade Bars and Very Rare Level 60 Off-Hand Equipment is available for 700 Trade Bars. There is also the Nightmare Dye Pack for 45 Trade Bars which dyes clothes dark silver, red, and gold. There are other items available, but they appear to be in the C-Store as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The info about the Nightmare Lockbox was contained in Beta Weekend 3 by clicking on the lockbox keys in the C-Store. Basically about 10 Trade Bars are included in each lockbox. While it is possible to get some Trade Bars from other methods, the majority will be from lockboxes.

There was patch notes that included how to get lockboxes in Beta Weekend 4, but it was taken down due to lockboxes being delayed. Basically, any mob at level 10 or above has a chance to drop a lockbox. It might be possible to get lockboxes through the Auction House.

This is the information I found on the Lockbox and Trade Bar Store.

It should be noted that those values and sometimes even the items on the trade bar vendor have changed every beta weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    It should be noted that those values and sometimes even the items on the trade bar vendor have changed every beta weekend.

My question is in relation to the bars, just had someone answer it outside of the forums however. Now I'm happy again :)
    26.jpg