test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many Drows?

frandalfrandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Well, first, wellmet everyone.

Surprinsigly I just heard of this game... today... fortunately in time to catch up.

Anyway, since I have seen that the drow will be an avaible race I am wondering.

How many drows are we going to cross in the streets of Neverwinter? ;)

I mean, I know they are cool, and that Drizzt has his supporters but let's think in coherency for a second here, even if it is a little setdown for the exciting release of the open beta.

Drizzt has a LOT of problems beign a drow cast to the surface, speaking here only of the surface inhabitants. Then what do you think it should be the reaction of the Neverwinter people seeing, let's say, dozens of drows suddenly entering the city?
I can picture it.. " HELP!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!! DROWS!! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!" ;)

I mean, I understand the decision to allow them as a playable race, I will use one of my character slots to one drow of course;) but my old tabletop player soul will drop a tear everytime a drow named Rizztt Bo'Lurden enters the inn ;)
Post edited by frandal on

Comments

• Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My first character will be human and I'll start him up tomorrow, but I plan on having a Drow at some point. A CW probably.

I'm with you, I really hope there aren't dozens of them all over the place.

I've been playing DnD since 1982 so I know what you mean by 'old tabletop player'. I'm really looking forward to this game. :)
  • Options
    dmndmndmndmndmndmn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Drowzillion drows!
  • Options
    frandalfrandal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @platinu Yep I am looking forward to this game too ;)

@dmmdmmdmm LOL I guess you are right

Wait a minute! Why I don't have the Hero of the North banner? and what it is a PWE user?
  • Options
    zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    things would change. for me, the most attractive element of FR is WotC keep on progressing it every year, which makes it a live world. so theres no Deva or Dragonborn in "old tabletop player soul" but they are here now, although havnt join in video games. maybe some day human would live underground and dwarfs fly in the sky ~~
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Flying dwarfs and aquactic born halflings! ;)
  • Options
    zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    frandal wrote: »
    @platinu Yep I am looking forward to this game too ;)

@dmmdmmdmm LOL I guess you are right

Wait a minute! Why I don't have the Hero of the North banner? and what it is a PWE user?

that banner u need to set in "user cp"
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Drow really aren't a big deal on the surface anymore. The mystique of the Drow on the surface has been bred out of the surface...hundreds of years and multiple generations have come and gone since Drizzt first walked the surface. Aside from the assortment of new races making their home in Neverwinter due to the cataclysm, Drow just aren't something everyone is afraid of anymore...there are much bigger threats.

I suggest reading some 4th edition source material, and reading about the events that led up to the Spellplague, and after it. The world has changed a lot from the world of 3.5 and prior.

To have "Hero of the North", you have to purchase the Hero of the North founder pack. This will give access to Drow starting tomorrow..everyone else will have to wait at least 60 days from the 30th.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @heathammer9 I will take your suggestion into account thanks! ;)

And I have bought the founder pack. I will follow zzyatpw instructions and see what I can find :)

EDIT: already done. Thanks!
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    How many Drows?

Too many, friend. Way too many is all I can say. Prepare for a mockery of the race. Just grit your teeth and enjoy the game for what it is so far.

::Also braces himself for all the tieflings named Nightcrawler............::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    My Tieflings named Hellboy!! My Half-Orc's named Shrek!!
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    ::Also braces himself for all the tieflings named Nightcrawler............::

*points at her signature*
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    first 2 days 70% of the server. day 3 about 30% if that. day 5-7 10% if that. that's my opinion.
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It will be lopsided, most will play drows but those that are all about numbers will pick different races to fit the class. Even tho it goes against the type of player I am I am going to roll a GWF drow, I know this isnt midmaxing which I love to do but meh this game will be fun for me either way me thinks.
  • Options
    ladynymiraladynymira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zzyatpw wrote: »
    that banner u need to set in "user cp"

Sorry for the dumb question, but do you happen to know which tab this is set in - I can't seem to find it at all! I checked Avatar, general settings, etc...
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My Settings/My Account/Permission Groups
  • Options
    ladynymiraladynymira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank-you riqita! :)
  • Options
    buffbc1buffbc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea of people trying to roll Drows that are "outside the box" in terms of class. I also agree that the Drow invasion will subside after a week or two, but am bracing for the onslaught day one. :)
  • Options
    shadowstalker59shadowstalker59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I for one will be part of that onslaught and continue to be a part of it :cool:
    23.jpg
  • Options
    aarkkaarkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I foresee quite a few Drow I know I will will be rolling Drow first up.
  • Options
    jordank23jordank23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The child in me wants to roll a Drow so bad...but the adult in me will roll a human.
    Time is the fire in which we burn.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have no interest in rolling a Drow. :) It's not because I have anything against them and I liked the Drizzt books as much as anyone, but I have no character design that really fits with a Drow. That might change one day, e.g. I recently embraced Tieflings, but at present there's no strong interest on my part. So, that's one potential Drow less! :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    th_drizzt_2.jpg
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why anyone would be a drow when they can be a dwarf is beyond me.
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    What's with all the drow hate? Not all people interested in a drow character are going to make Drizzt clones. The drow lore is amazing, and wonderful to make a character around.

For the record, yes, I am rolling a drow. Mine is a drow cleric, not a clone of a popular character in the books.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »

*slams tankard down* Aye mate. These youngins now a days underestimate dwarves. If I wasn't more interested in my meal then I would show them the folly of their ways. Bah, I need a refill!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I imagine there will be a good bit of drow running around, moreso later on after then global unlock then now. I am hoping for some patch after that 2 month mark that will help welcome in some story event that goes along with the influx of drow.
    Well, first, wellmet everyone.

Surprinsigly I just heard of this game... today... fortunately in time to catch up.

You must be suffering from information overload at this point. Taking in all the information on the forums with the game launching the day after.
    and what it is a PWE user?
    My guess is "perfect world entertainment."
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »

So we can participate in the Drow's annual dwarf tossing competitions. :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    Drow here and will be staying drow! Roleplaying also! =D
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    Calculating that 80% of HotN population will roll a TR.

Then Drow being considered the most practical TR next to a HO. I'd say 60% will be Drow, lowering with the increase of population as each pack is released. Then spiking again in 3 months time when general population have access to the Drow race in the patch.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    merickwyldheartmerickwyldheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Before any of BWE I planed on a Drow TR. Been working on backstory for him since I got my HotN pack.

Ps during the last BWE saw Artemis Entreri running around. I hope they put some kind of block for that. Be original and come up with your own name.