test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Author Guild?

zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Was hoping to find a Guild exclusively for Dungeon Masters. I toyed with the idea of creating one, but I don't have time to be a guild leader. I can crank out a website easily, it's what I do. But..

Has anyone thought of joining or creating a Foundry only guild, or are you already in a normal guild?

Edit: Dungeon Masters on the Dragon server is now a real thing. Contact me in game @zovya for invites.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?160961-Dungeon-Masters-A-Guild-for-Foundry-Creators&highlight=Dungeon+masters+guild
Post edited by zovya on

Comments

• agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking along the lines of a fan-run Foundry dedicated website... Maybe some "Featured" quests separate from what Cryptic features, tips, reviews, etc.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1

I would be willing to join a foundry author guild if one was made, but like you I have no desire to be a leader of one.

I plan to start on the Dragon shard, if that makes any difference.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am creating Galstaff Adventures. I do plan on being in the foundry quite a bit, but i also game with my family. I usually leave running things to my wife. She is quite good at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was actually considering opening up my ventrilo server to the public, for newcomer questions. I'm not sure how popular that would be though.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    I was actually considering opening up my ventrilo server to the public, for newcomer questions. I'm not sure how popular that would be though.

I think a Ventrilo server where peeps could come and ask questions and discuss the Foundry could become fairly popular.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

+1 to this idea and agree with Agentjaspor on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, then I'll drop the info in a new thread on the Foundry forums.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • gbachuragbachura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    I could offer up my mumble server for this use. I don't use it much, and it's really only for when I play Chivalry:Medieval Warfare. So if you guys want to use it, let me know!
    BachuraBanner2_zps54c0e752.png
    Credit to original artwork by Michael Whelan, go check out his stuff it's awesome!

►● Characters ●◄
    ♠ Talrik Threefinger ♠ Eredis Mal ♠ Soltyrr Do'rret ♠

Try my Foundry Jumping Puzzles!
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    +1. I also think that would be popular.. not sure how much the topic would be the foundry, lol but still a great idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• gbachuragbachura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    So now Apoc, Nygh and I will showdown to see whose chat server gets used, Ventrilo or Mumble?! Rawr!

:P
    BachuraBanner2_zps54c0e752.png
    Credit to original artwork by Michael Whelan, go check out his stuff it's awesome!

►● Characters ●◄
    ♠ Talrik Threefinger ♠ Eredis Mal ♠ Soltyrr Do'rret ♠

Try my Foundry Jumping Puzzles!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking along the lines of a fan-run Foundry dedicated website... ....

I am currently making a foundry website. It will redirect people to twitter and forums for discussion though. Its turning really well but I want to make it public only when it is complete.

It will be something good, but will rely heavily on large pictures.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1. I also think that would be popular.. not sure how much the topic would be the foundry, lol but still a great idea.

We could make it like the forums or in game... All you nerds talking about foundry stuff...

Thunderspanker says "Oh hey Chili have you seen interior door 143 oh its divine!"
    Chili says "Oh Thunder that door is way out dated! You should be using interior door 144!"
    Hoopty logs into Vent "WOOOOOO JUST GOT DONE CHUGGIN ME SOME BEERS!!!!! Made another Super Nevewinter quest did this one in FIVE MINUTES!!!"
    Hoopty leaves Vent

Everyone in Vent "Maybe this was a bad idea"
    Bwahahaah
  • demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have a proboards forum I have set up for off-site Foundry discussion and the like, just one general forum right now but I could add sub forums (see link below).
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is the minimum number of people or level needed to start a guild?
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did find some info. It wasn't in the FAQ or extended FAQ. I found some people complaining about in the beta forums.

Need group of 5 unguilded players, either Founders or lvl 15+ All in the same instance.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gbachura wrote: »
    So now Apoc, Nygh and I will showdown to see whose chat server gets used, Ventrilo or Mumble?! Rawr!

:P

Most likely they'll all be flooded with people come the 30th ;)
    edited April 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    We could make it like the forums or in game... All you nerds talking about foundry stuff...

Thunderspanker says "Oh hey Chili have you seen interior door 143 oh its divine!"
    Chili says "Oh Thunder that door is way out dated! You should be using interior door 144!"
    Hoopty logs into Vent "WOOOOOO JUST GOT DONE CHUGGIN ME SOME BEERS!!!!! Made another Super Nevewinter quest did this one in FIVE MINUTES!!!"
    Hoopty leaves Vent

Everyone in Vent "Maybe this was a bad idea"
    Bwahahaah

LOL.. I can argue about some doors, now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• masticonusmasticonus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I see that this got pretty far off topic. Are there any Foundry focused guilds out there?
    edited April 2013
    Well, after not finding much to offer. I created the guild: Dungeon Masters

Anyone interested in joining, catch me in game @Zovya
  • pstone1386pstone1386 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »

Good name :)
  • masticonusmasticonus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Which server?
    edited April 2013
    I'm on the Dragon server.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heck yeah, I will join that guild =D
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • nimorrighannimorrighan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A friend and I would certainly be interested in joining. I have sent you a friend invite, hopefully I can catch you online. I'm @HarpMaiden and my friend is @Amonithil
    edited April 2013
    Great, I'll send you an invite when I get in game this evening. I guess I should make an official thread, now that it's official.
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    Was hoping to find a Guild exclusively for Dungeon Masters. I toyed with the idea of creating one, but I don't have time to be a guild leader. I can crank out a website easily, it's what I do. But..

Has anyone thought of joining or creating a Foundry only guild, or are you already in a normal guild?

Edit: Dungeon Masters on the Dragon server is now a real thing. Contact me in game @zovya for invites.

Do we have to have already published something to join? Is there a minimum star-count for review of something we've published that we have to meet as a criteria for joining? Will you be running a ts/vent/mumble server for the guild?
    edited April 2013
    Heck no. I just want people to know that the guild is about Dungeon Mastering. No requirements to join. I'm working on a site, that's it for now. I'll have to check on the voice chat stuff.
  • kyzgarkyzgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is exactly the type of guild I was hoping to find. I'll start a character on the Dragon server.

Thanks!
    @kyzgar
    Dungeon Master in progress...
    Author of: Tomb of the Innocent Dead
    Member of Guild: Dungeon Masters
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    I'm torn between joining this guild or joining the chapter of my current guild once everyone else gets started. Hmmm.
  • kronosyskronosys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is exactly what i was hoping to find today. When i get home from work I'll send the friend request. @kronosys