test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching or not for open beta?

bechhuntbechhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all of you good people

The thing is that i dont know if i need to reinstall the game to be ready for the 30th april. I patched on the 20 of april and i am not a founder etc. just a regular dude wanting to play this game badly. Does this make any sense i hope so and please come up with a good answer :).

Best regards Bech
Post edited by bechhunt on

Comments

• Options
    vederiavederia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, you don't need to reinstall the game. I'll find you a quote later.

EDIT:
    If you already have an Alpha or Beta Weekend game client, just open the launcher to begin patching – no need to redownload!

And Source
  • Options
    pixeldogpixeldog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you have run the client lately then you should be good to go on the 30th, tho I would personally run the client on the 29th just to make sure I had the latest updates.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    **** that was fast and thanks hope to hear from you later

Bech
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been opening the launcher everyday it's been downloading a new patch maybe every other day.
    10qkinm.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Its just this one that confuses me

"You can pre-load Neverwinter's Open Beta game client by heading to the download page on April 20, 2013. If you already have an Alpha or Beta Weekend game client, just open the launcher to begin patching – no need to redownload!" I read it as if you have Alpha or Beta client you dont need to but if you dont have a client well the you gotta reinstall. **** my english is bad :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks all cant wait to play this awesome game as an old D&D fan its got **** exciting ;)
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just patch the client you have. You should be good to go.
    10qkinm.png
  • Options
    vederiavederia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bechhunt wrote: »
    Its just this one that confuses me

"You can pre-load Neverwinter's Open Beta game client by heading to the download page on April 20, 2013. If you already have an Alpha or Beta Weekend game client, just open the launcher to begin patching – no need to redownload!" I read it as if you have Alpha or Beta client you dont need to but if you dont have a client well the you gotta reinstall. **** my english is bad :)

The game you have installed IS the client :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hehe thanks all im an old timer at this cpu thing :)
  • Options
    snowcomasnowcoma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi, before BW4, there was a thread that discussed the difference between downloading the full patch and having it patch during play (I think). I can't find the thread now and I want to be sure I have my client downloading the whole thing before launch. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    snowcoma wrote: »
    Hi, before BW4, there was a thread that discussed the difference between downloading the full patch and having it patch during play (I think). I can't find the thread now and I want to be sure I have my client downloading the whole thing before launch. Can anyone help?

If you want to download everything, and not have to download certain areas as you encounter them, open your launcher and go to Option and check the box that says "Disable on-demand patching". You will download the whole game, rather than just enough of the game to play it and download the areas as you encounter them.
  • Options
    snowcomasnowcoma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you want to download everything, and not have to download certain areas as you encounter them, open your launcher and go to Option and check the box that says "Disable on-demand patching". You will download the whole game, rather than just enough of the game to play it and download the areas as you encounter them.

Perfect, just what I needed to know. Thanks! :)