test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Foundry] The Shadowyn Chronicles Campaign

maelwysmaelwys Member Posts: 59 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry

Part 1 - Descent to Shadow

When a set of ancient scrolls are stolen it could prove disastrous for the people of Faerun. The threat of eternal darkness is just one ritual casting away with the Shadowyn scrolls. Inara Vellis, a noble Sun Elf, needs your assistance in retrieving these relics and thwarting the fate of darkness never ending.

Part 2 - Shadowed Embrace

Having retrieved one of the Shadowyn Scrolls, you have been awaiting word from Inara Vellis on when she would need more assistance in locating the other two. You finally received word to meet with an associate of Inara's, Nobleman Burkhard, in the Protector's Enclave. Apparently Inara has made progress.

Part 3 - Coming Soon

The Shadowyn Chronicles is a campaign of three adventures starting with the Descent to Shadow and continuing with Shadowed Embrace, where you will hunt down the thieves of the Shadowyn scrolls and learn a little more about them.

Author is @IrondrakeX, please leave constructive feedback here.

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just played part 1 of this campaign, but the review window disappeared before I could write my review, *grumble*. Sorry about that. :( I would have rated it 5 stars if I could. Might just replay it later to fix that omission.

It was a solid and well-written quest that felt like a real D&D quest to me. It had good combat balance except for the final battle, which insta-killed me due to the wolves. Did you stack encounters here? You shouldn't do that. Stick with Hard encounter templates for those battles that are supposed to be hard.

It's too bad almost nobody has played this quest yet. The system is truly built to encourage playing the most played quests, which is a shame.
  • Options
    maelwysmaelwys Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll be sure to check that encounter. I've been working on the final of the three quests for a while now and I'm just now getting back to checking the forum!