test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D&D Neverwinter Campaign Setting 4e Book

wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
I just ordered it: http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Campaign-Setting-Dungeons-Supplement/dp/0786958146

I'm planning my next few quests and want to tie them more closely with the lore. Several folks recommended it. So there I go. Anyone have other suggestions? I haven't bought D&D game books since AD&D came out.

I am reading the Neverwinter Saga of novels too. Great world building/descriptions in there.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What area do you plan to make quests with? A lot is not mentioned in 4e NW book. If you specify area, and factions you plan to use, I can perhaps recommend something.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited April 2013
    The Forgotten Realms guide also has some very good lore info.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    The Forgotten Realms guide also has some very good lore info.

It does, but in my opinion the Neverwinter book is better - it actually addresses just about everything you hit in the game in the first 25 levels. The FR book by contrast is filled with content you won't ever see in the game.

You have the best book for matching what the game gives you.

If you want to learn more, the FR book is probably the next best bet, but Chapter 3 in the Neverwinter book, is probably the most concentrated lore/info that best matches what goes on in the game itself.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Neverwinter campaign setting book was actually written with the Neverwinter MMO in mind (as stated in a sidebar early in the book), so they are perfect companion pieces.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! I want to make some dungeon crawls targeting the 2-3 group size. And maybe make harder versions for full groups. The kind of dungeon experience I enjoyed in Everquest.

I'm planning to play through the Cryptic Generated Content (CGC?) to see if there are any holes I can fill. I expect lots of CGC and UGC with undead and drow, so I'm thinking maybe an icy dungeon first. My favorite environments are ancient ruins, so are there any old civilizations in the region that I could look into? Thanks again!
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the neverwinter campaign book 4e is awesome i have it and its just mindblowing the background you get to the game were in.. Its just awesome.. I reccomend it whole heartedly.. as for the surrounds, well i would get something on the sword coast.. theres a few older ones ab out that and then FR guide is good also..

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You could check out the supplement Dungeon Delve and adapt some of those to the area.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sold!

I mean, bought.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    wininoid wrote: »
    Thanks! I want to make some dungeon crawls targeting the 2-3 group size. And maybe make harder versions for full groups. The kind of dungeon experience I enjoyed in Everquest.

I'm planning to play through the Cryptic Generated Content (CGC?) to see if there are any holes I can fill. I expect lots of CGC and UGC with undead and drow, so I'm thinking maybe an icy dungeon first. My favorite environments are ancient ruins, so are there any old civilizations in the region that I could look into? Thanks again!

There are many ruins, both ancient and recent in Neverwinter area. Xinelal mote would be the largest and first NW city. Then there are Fey ruins(Illefarun ruins). There are also old ruins, the place where Uthgardth and Orcs clashed (Morgur's Mound). Apart from that, almost all the cities in NW region are in ruins :-
    Port Llast - sea monsters, ruined
    Luskan - Scums, dead rat gang and pirates, ruined
    Leilon - Ruined with monsters walking about
    Thundertree - in ruins
    Old Owl well - in ruins

Almost everything is in ruins after recent events.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking along the lines of Lizard Folk for my 2nd dungeon and more forest or swamp type areas, however I want to make sure there is a robust actor pallet of creatures to choose from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    I was thinking along the lines of Lizard Folk for my 2nd dungeon and more forest or swamp type areas, however I want to make sure there is a robust actor pallet of creatures to choose from.

Mere of dead Men and Pirate's Skyhold are the best places for lizardfolk adventure.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info. I've got plenty of reading to do.

I tried the lizard men but didn't see a huge variety.