test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Request] More Types of Encounters

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Hey guys, so Ive been thinking about more quest, but some are currently impossible due to lack of the encounters and even lack of costumes to make some of them from other encounters. Here is a small list, it includes but is not limited to:

*Animals(wolves, bears, boars, big cats, crocodiles, Hounds, snakes etc)

*Beholders(smaller ones for beholder encounters and big ones for epic beholder battles)

Bulette

Carrion Crawler

Chimera

Cyclops

*Derro

Displacer Beasts

*Duergar( not thralls)

*Dragons

*Dragonborn

Dragonspawn

Drakes

*Dopplegangers

Elementals

Ettin

*Fomorians

Githyanki

Gargoyles

*Grells

Gryphons

*Hook-Horrors

Hydra

*Kuo-toa

*Lich

Manticore

Marilith

Medusa

Minotaur

Mummy

*Myconids(fungus people)

Oozes

*Owlbears

Purple Worm

Rakshasa

Rocs

*Sahuagin

Scorpions

Shambling Mound

Skull Lord

Slaad

Sphinx

*Svirfneblin(deep gnomes)

Treant

Troglodytes

Umber Hulk

Vampire

*Vrock

Wyverns

Yuan-Ti

Stars are the ones I want the soonest.
If anyone else has any more please add them
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I second the list and add another * to this one! Sahuagin
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would be ecstatic if they would just allow us to customize our encounters.

Just have an encounter icon to place where you want it and under the encounter details, give us drop downs for # of mobs in the encounter, type of mob in a drop down (racial), type of mob in a drop down for each mob's details (melee/ranged), power of the mob (minion/standard/elite/solo (or boss)) and lastly if the mob is a boss the type of special attack it uses with a list of each special and if it is not boss but is included in a boss encounter, give a drop down for when to spawn (for this spawn in minion encounters or however they do it in the official campaign).

Of course with the normal encounter details already present (behavior etc...)

This would make me all gooey inside.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited April 2013
    Ok Chilli the drool is running down the side of my face and I can barely stand it. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, I so want this.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Owlbears need a thousand stars surrounding their entry on this list.

Something like:

***********OWLBEARS***********
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Im adding some wiki links to these creatures for those that may not recognize the names

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Owlbears need a thousand stars surrounding their entry on this list.

Something like:

***********OWLBEARS***********

I thought someone might say that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    i would be ecstatic if they would just allow us to customize our encounters.

Just have an encounter icon to place where you want it and under the encounter details, give us drop downs for # of mobs in the encounter, type of mob in a drop down (racial), type of mob in a drop down for each mob's details (melee/ranged), power of the mob (minion/standard/elite/solo (or boss)) and lastly if the mob is a boss the type of special attack it uses with a list of each special and if it is not boss but is included in a boss encounter, give a drop down for when to spawn (for this spawn in minion encounters or however they do it in the official campaign).

this would make me all gooey inside.

want want want!!!!
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I didn't even know how badly I wanted this until you wrote this!
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If chili's suggestion is implemented, I promise not to antagonize anyone for a month. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

From everything I've seen, I have very few real issues with the limitations of the Foundry:

1. Customizing encounters as above
    2. Creating custom boss encounters
    3. Providing customized loot and/or additional rewards based on exploration

Heck, to fight #3, I'm an artist and am even willing to hide some custom items in my quests and provide real-world awards to the first x people to find 'em all just to get people away from the golden breadcrumbs. :)
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    One of my most prominent issues when making a boss fight is the number, to be sure. You can pick your own number, sorta, by using the solo mobs, and then you better go test it a lot, though, cuz it is really easy to make an impossible fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I doubt we will ever see customized loot. It would be too easily exploited. And who would then put subpar loot in their quest? No one. So the loot tables would be thrown out the window and all our quests would give the +3 vorpal sword.
  • Options
    dareddragonj5dareddragonj5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Oh I can't even say how much how I would enjoy something just like this. Further more, races like dragons should come in different sizes as they do in the normal game. Or the size should change with the difficulty. Being able to create small cut scenes would make a great way to introduce great boss fights and really bring some life to each DM's story. Hope to see this, even if its down the road. It would simply make this already awesome feature, top of the line awesomeness!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We really need more encounters Devs. Mapolis please here me more encounters are needed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bachus1234bachus1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    I dont know if they are in, but doppelganger can be lots of fun...

Planning a whole campaign around a group of doppelganger pirates, just hope they are in or added very soon after release.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bachus1234 wrote: »
    I dont know if they are in, but doppelganger can be lots of fun...

Planning a whole campaign around a group of doppelganger pirates, just hope they are in or added very soon after release.

nope no dopplegangers yet, Ill add it to the list with a star

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Uh, wouldn't dopplegangers be the easiest monster to represent in a game like this? I mean, you can make them look like just about anything, and that just happens to include the monsters/humanoids we already have. Sure, you could have dopplegangers in their true form, but what doppleganger in its right mind would ever want to show that off?

I actually created a sizeable quest for Neverwinter Nights once that focused on dopplegangers. Not once did I ever consider, or need, their true appearance.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Uh, wouldn't dopplegangers be the easiest monster to represent in a game like this? I mean, you can make them look like just about anything, and that just happens to include the monsters/humanoids we already have. Sure, you could have dopplegangers in their true form, but what doppleganger in its right mind would ever want to show that off?

I actually created a sizeable quest for Neverwinter Nights once that focused on dopplegangers. Not once did I ever consider, or need, their true appearance.

ok, I thought you wanted the true form

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dareddragonj5dareddragonj5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would want access to every creature's true form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arkelliusarkellius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did not see it on the list so i would add: Githyanki
  • Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would also like to add, the ability to customize the model with more abilities. If anyone has experimented with SC2's custom maps.
  • Options
    synneatersynneater Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay someone owes me a new keyboard. Making me spill my coffee getting all excited with these posts. They must be done!!
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would love this! But what I really want is the ability to separate encounters into single stand alone mobs. I don't want to use a group of five enemies when all I want is one of them. The ability to customize the attack animations and weapons on a mob would also be wonderful.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    thread necro.