test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tags: Hash Tags

bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Edit: I wanted to continue this so I copy/pasted. I removed a bunch of junk, and added more junk lol.

Tags if this is eventually added to the search tool in game, and is how I believe it to work it is a very nice system. I will use Little Big Planet or LBP for short a lot in this thread. One because it is a really nice system, and second it is probably the best video game I have ever played.

This is how the system works in LBP. You select what tags(labels) you want, and hit search. For example: I want Story, Combat, Easy, Crypt. The search engine will find those tags(labels) and give you all the quest with those tags. LBP has a different search engine, so don't hold my quotes above to be true if you decide to check LBP out. They use a filter system, and a Que type search system, and once you figure it out you can find the perfect mission.

Edit: I don't know if a system like above can be created in Neverwinter it is more of a wish. With current search system hash tags could work. I think I have a grasp on them... *old dwarf scratches his head* below is some example I have come up with.

Main

Experience

Type

#Story, #Combat, #Puzzle, #Humor, #Explore, #Balanced, #Tavern

#Easy, #Hard, #Guild, #RP, #Group, #Lore, #Arena, #Jumps, #Traps, #Short, #Long, #Horror, #Musical, #Artistic, #Challenge

#Dungeon, #Forest, #Mountain, #Crypt, #Cave, #Sewer, #Lair, #Outside, #City

Quest I: The Mark of BtG

Quest Description:
The belly of Neverwinter is turning. A mysterious cult, or band of bandits have entered Neverwinter. Last seen entering the sewers and leaving BtG as their mark. Will the stench turn you away, or do you have a nose for adventure. Dive head first in the sewers of Neverwinter.

* BtG is a small bit of lore from The Neverwinter Saga: Book II Neverwinter the books leading up to NWO.

Length:
25 to 45 min

Level:
1-60

Combat:
Solo, hidden encounters, and end maybe difficult.

Tags:
#Story, #Combat, #Lore

Dialog:
Orange text will skip the story.

Edit: Above is an example of a Thread post/Description in game.
This is just an example the focus is on the green text. Remember this is all a suggestion, a work in progress and it may never come into play.

Here is an example of what your Campaign would look like on the The Foundry List: UGC and Authors.

Example:
A Neverwinter Campaign
Author: Bobcat1313
Campaign
Q1: The Mark of BtG
Q2: The Goblin Brew
T: Combat, Lore

Edit: This would show 3 tags. Story since the campaign is listed on the Story Page, and Combat, lore as a sub tag.

I know this is a lot and probably confusing. I for one am confused all the time, I hope I explained this good enough.

The main focus for this thread is to come up with Hash Tags.
Post edited by bobcat1313 on

Comments

• Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks BobCat, I am using this in my new project....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    cool musty if you can come up with a better system or names please do(or anyone) Make a thread with it I can reflex UGC/Author to it. Or just give suggestions here, would be great to have a set search system here on forum.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited April 2013
    This is such a good idea but what we need is adoption to really make it work.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its great. Hoopty I would be using this in next part of Manual to get people to adopt uniform system of tagging. I will give you all credit ofcourse.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There needs to be a way to limit it probably, as an in-game function, or tons will put every single tag on it, so it shows up in every search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There needs to be a way to limit it probably, as an in-game function, or tons will put every single tag on it, so it shows up in every search.
    If it shows up in search, you can easily see quest description and avoid those who have added a lot of tags
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not bad, for a drunken Dwarf.

+1
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I could see this, but it works really well in LBP and if someone says there is Bounce Pads in there UGC and I go do the mission and there isn't no bounce pads they get a dislike from me!!! hmmm wish we had bounce pads in this game lol!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Its great. Hoopty I would be using this in next part of Manual to get people to adopt uniform system of tagging. I will give you all credit ofcourse.

thanks, if you can create a better one gill go ahead. I don't care about credit, I just would like a nice solid list that most Silverstars/Moonstars and future authors that follow, suit making it easy to search for quest.
  • Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    I just would like a nice solid list that most Silverstars/Moonstars and future authors that follow, suit making it easy to search for quest.

Hear hear, I concur!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Added the thread in wiki:-

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry_quest_editor

Can we have this sticky please?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    that's awesome Gill!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Changed scary to horror.

Please if there is tags I could add, remove, or change names of current tags please give input! I am going to use the current list with my quest, till something is better.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive just been adding type: x
    type2: y
    type3: z

to my quests
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ive just been adding type: x
    type2: y
    type3: z

to my quests

How does that system work death?

Changed Exploration to Explore

This was a Main Tag that everyone agreed with in Foundry Beta, Its a lot shorter so I just went and did it. Please no axe to the neck!

Please if any has more input on Experience or Type Tags give it! (Or another name for those two titles) OB is tomorrow! If we just a have a handful of forum people using this system at least its a start and we will know what authors are engaged with the forums as in game.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One suggestion I would make would be to leave the #tag format in the actual foundry descriptions, if you leave the # then it could be included when searching to insure that you are searching for tags and not descriptive text.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    One suggestion I would make would be to leave the #tag format in the actual foundry descriptions, if you leave the # then it could be included when searching to insure that you are searching for tags and not descriptive text.

Yeah It works well! I can find everyone of my quest by hitting, #Humor, #Story or #Combat.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A great system. Wish it was something that was pre-populated in the windows... a few areas we can use a drop down menu to help specify what type of quest we are shooting for.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    A great system. Wish it was something that was pre-populated in the windows... a few areas we can use a drop down menu to help specify what type of quest we are shooting for.

This is what I'm waiting for!!!! I hope it eventually goes that way too. Or a system like LBP.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea, and now implemented as per http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry_quest_editor

Mods, could we get this thread stickied so that Foundry authors who visit these forums for the first time can find this? Thanks!
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some authors still use this system, myself included. Since some people have been mentioning this idea recently, i thought it'd be okay to refresh this thread. It's still in the official wiki (link already posted).

This really should be stickied, would help a lot methinks, for newer authors as well as players.
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Some authors still use this system, myself included. Since some people have been mentioning this idea recently, i thought it'd be okay to refresh this thread. It's still in the official wiki (link already posted).

This really should be stickied, would help a lot methinks, for newer authors as well as players.

I agree, and maybe add #side quest :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    mcwillmcwill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I never did like the hash part of hash tags (#), it would be great if Cryptic implemented a category search function that players can use. Just look at the Guild Search function to get an idea of what I mean. This would give players the ability to search for Foundry missions based on what they want, or don't want, to play. Authors should get an extra window on the Quest tab for category selection so we don't have to use up our Description boxes for a list of tags.

Foundry quests
    Part Time Job (NW-DEAU6OW29)
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mcwill wrote: »
    While I never did like the hash part of hash tags (#), it would be great if Cryptic implemented a category search function that players can use. Just look at the Guild Search function to get an idea of what I mean. This would give players the ability to search for Foundry missions based on what they want, or don't want, to play. Authors should get an extra window on the Quest tab for category selection so we don't have to use up our Description boxes for a list of tags.

Agree with everything you just said. :) But in the meantime, the tags might help, if enough people know about them.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I seem to recall that the CoH architect community started using various codes/tags to help search.

In that case, I think it was necessary to include special codes in the title, because there was nothing like 'desc search.'

I plan on adding the suggested tags to my missions as soon as I have time and Foundry is up.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I hope they add this sort of feature, which I am presuming they will upon the next module release.