test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Oceanic Server Selection.

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
UPDATE - Dragon Server for now is the home for Oceanic players who wish to keep it populated until such a time they merge all the servers in to thier megaserver.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Bumping for the Oceanic players.
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It won't matter for very long. This is from the Extended FAQ:

Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • addy1967addy1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I for one will be on Dragon with TOG!!
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    It won't matter for very long. This is from the Extended FAQ:

Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind.

Given that this is their goal with no time frame announced as to when it will happen, we could be talking 6 months down the track.

It would be in everyones best interest from the Oceanic demographic part of the world plus people who play in this time zone of GMT+8 and GMT+10 to gather on one server for a healthy 24/7 gaming community where other servers will only have a peak population during a certain time of day.

I for one would hate to see people quitting 3 - 6 months down the track because they still havent implemented this feature and people are stuck on other servers away from thier friends, guilds or just the Oceanic community player base in general.
  • bierhandlerbierhandler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dragon may be the sever worth looking into for the oceanic community for the time being.
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The server selection is only temporarily to prevent server crashes due to massive player log-ins and easy the server structure into operation.
  • c4auc4au Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    addy1967 wrote: »
    Well I for one will be on Dragon with TOG!!

Same here, can't wait for release. Hopefully it won't be long before the shards are merged.
  • slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there somewhere I can find a list of Oceanic or Oceanic Timezone Friendly Guilds to join? I'm going it solo for this MMO launch as most of the friends I'd normally do a launch with are waiting for other games.

Seems like a few people are posting Dragon so far!
    edited April 2013
    slatsau wrote: »
    Is there somewhere I can find a list of Oceanic or Oceanic Timezone Friendly Guilds to join? I'm going it solo for this MMO launch as most of the friends I'd normally do a launch with are waiting for other games.

Seems like a few people are posting Dragon so far!

Just do a search for Oceanic guild slats, alternatively, go here.
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm rolling on Dragon, GMT +10
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see the reason in trying to consolidate oceanic players into 1 shard considering the game uses single server tech and all three shards will be merged soon after launch anyway.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    UTC +7 - Will go Dragon

I know it's temporary, but the first few months is when you join a guild and make new friends :)

So it does matter. Happy that whatever I choose, I will be with my coworkers and RL friends once I get back to:

ATeam_zps98de3523.jpg
    edited April 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    I don't see the reason in trying to consolidate oceanic players into 1 shard considering the game uses single server tech and all three shards will be merged soon after launch anyway.

As we said, there is no time frame on it and it may be 6 months after launch.

I would hate to see people quit the game because they rolled on what ever server they wanted under the expectation that the 1 megaserver idea was just around the corner.

Safe guard yourselves and join an active server during our peak time and off peak supported by the rest of the world or don't and whine about lack of population during your time zone in the event they don't get it online and working in any kind of normal time frame.

Choice is yours.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    As we said, there is no time frame on it and it may be 6 months after launch.

They said "soon" after launch not half a year into the game's life.
    edited April 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    They said "soon" after launch not half a year into the game's life.

Like I said, your choice, however it is looking like most people are leaning towards Dragon so help spread the word around so we can have an active playerbase at the beginning.
  • torniotornio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    19th Battalion / Captain's Company > Will be rolling on DRAGON.
    19bat_zps7fc6fad1.png
    // What we do Alive // ToRN \\ Echoes in Eternity \\
    The 19th Battalion
    "Captain's Company"
    [CURRENTLY RECRUITING]
    CAPT.png
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    GMT+10 here rollan on dragon.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i like forum censorship.
  • auroraeinzoxauroraeinzox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    Einsof Gaming will be rolling on Dragon.
  • banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    My main concern is what coast are they hosted on?

I've heard Dragon is the only West Coast server, with 2 others on East Coast. The difference in ping is 400 or so West Coast to 600 on East Coast for Australians.

If they merge it onto East Coast you are practically removing any competitive probability of Australians competing well in PvP, and causing issues in PvE.

I don't think merging the servers is a good idea. They will need to maintain two separate West and East coast servers.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    I think I'll be playing on Mindflyer shard.
    edited April 2013
    emrendill wrote: »
    I think I'll be playing on Mindflyer shard.

Should come and join us on Dragon emrendill. ;)
  • slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Just do a search for Oceanic guild slats, alternatively, go here.

Thank you. I am surprised at how good the Search is on these forums. Most forums are terrible.
    edited April 2013
    A lot of action on the forums. I went to work today and came home and this thread has been pushed 5 pages back!!!!

People are climbing the walls.
    edited April 2013
    Updayed OP with last date checked.
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    GMT+8 here...and Valor Rising will be rolling on Dragon...have a reasonable contingent for Asia Pac..
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Bumping for Dragon
  • nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    Dragon shard will be where my friends and I roll. Cant wait to see you all there :)
    edited April 2013
    Dragon Server looks to be where the Oceanic community will be playing for the most part until server merges down the track.

Come and join us to help keep the community vibrant and active even if you are not living in the Oceanic realm but still play on our timezone, come and hang out with us.

Look forward to seeing everyone online and hope you all have fun playing D&D: Neverwinter.

Cheers.
  • lesignelesigne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vote for Dragon