test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

acolyte of kelemvor companion

rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Did anyone use this companion or like it? Seems mighty weak when I tried it at low level. Was wondering if anyone tired it out at higher level after gearing it up some.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rohk007 on

Comments

• Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everything is weak in comparison to an armored BOAR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    animus976animus976 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have this companion also and im wondering if anyone has figured out how to make it useful :(
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if an admin can read this, i sincerely hope he will take these words to heart.

The acolyte is simply not worth 20 dollars. I completely regret the purchase, and my experience in-game is ruined because i keep thinking of the wasted money i spent. I hope you will change her COMPLETELY, like supercharge her lifesteal, make it a passive aura to her owner or something.

She doesnt grant me lifesteal until im almost done fighting the mob-group.

Anyone out there thinking of buying her?

Don't. Not until they do something about her.
  • Options
    kyubstamzkyubstamz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've read on some posts on this forum and also on reddit about the Acolyte being awesome when it gets to a high level. Those posters said that lifesteal gets to a thousand life usually and they very rarely use potions anymore. Their chars are all TR. I have a TR too with an Acolyte but it's level 13 at the moment. I'll see how it goes at level 15 and i'll give it some proper gears too.
  • Options
    ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    kyubstamz wrote: »
    I've read on some posts on this forum and also on reddit about the Acolyte being awesome when it gets to a high level. Those posters said that lifesteal gets to a thousand life usually and they very rarely use potions anymore. Their chars are all TR. I have a TR too with an Acolyte but it's level 13 at the moment. I'll see how it goes at level 15 and i'll give it some proper gears too.
    I have a lv 24 acolyte and i must say she is not as useful as i hoped it to be, but well, i am not gonna regret my decision but instead scrutinize the pros and cons and figure up a good strategy to go with it. Primarily, like the free cleric companion, she is intended for the tanks, or, high damage dealers. I guess its about personal tastes and roleplay, or else, with the inevitable imbalance in game, everyone will end up with same race, class and profession. Thats boring!
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I can say is that I have her... she's now lvl 22... and she's become a good companion for my wizard. My advice is just keep your first pet (mine was the free white cleric companion). Every time you go to turn in quests, drag out your Accolyte and then turn in the quests. She will get the big block of exp so she levels. When she's at lvl 20 throw some lvl 60 stuff on her and decent runes then try her out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.