test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thinking about half orc guardian.

valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I played a dwarf gf in bw4, but didnt like the look of a dwarf fighter without a axe or hammer. Im thinking of going half orc once open beta starts. Any helpful hints on how too build him and a good paragon path would be nice.
Post edited by valetudo78 on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Also I rarely used tide of iron, is any of the other at wills better?
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    HalfOrcs are a very Crit based Race and the GF is the only class that does not get a crit stat and have only one feat path for crti. Weapon Mastery Tier 4, 1% crit per feat, up to 3 feats.

I'd think Halfling would be alot better.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Human is a good GF too along with the Halfling. On that dwarf thing, you can get an axe and pay some AD to keep that graphic on new gear.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm playing on offensive guardian and as such am leaning strongly towards half-orc. What is keeping me back is that I will build the character model and name in the image of Betty White. I think a human will fit the role better, though I will mess around with the HO model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    Human is a good GF too along with the Halfling. On that dwarf thing, you can get an axe and pay some AD to keep that graphic on new gear.

Wait where do you pay AD to keep graphic skins for your your Gear?
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    Wait where do you pay AD to keep graphic skins for your your Gear?

It is on the fly out menu, to make something look like something else.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    On my guardian which was about lvl 25, I bought a mace of nine hells from the auction and changed my swords appearance to the mace of nine hells. Even though the mace of nine hells is like lvl 35, I was able to use its skin.

The item you get the appearance from is destroyed in the process though. So, I lost my mace of nine hells.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    So, I lost my mace of nine hells.

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooo! ;)

I kept the Gruumash (sp?) axe that drops in the orc skirmish skin for quite some time.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    How many ADs does it cost to reskin?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    How many ADs does it cost to reskin?

I am not sure, but AD always seems to cost more for higher level items. I know when it came to pulling enchantments out of sockets it was this way. The higher rank the enchantment was the more it cost. Also there was a minor difference in price based on the level requirement of the actual gear you are pulling it out of. So I would expect it to be a similar system. I would have to guesstimate that it would max out around 50k AD which is a couple of days of maxing your AD gain. Maybe a week or two of casual AD farming. So once we get to end game even if it is pricey in AD, it is not something we will do often enough for it to really matter.

IMO if you just wait to transfer a cosmetic look to level 60 blue or higher quality of item that you have equipped it will not be too much of a pain.

Edit: I also did win a mace in the cloak tower, a two handed one. I did not like it much because all of the animations IMO still favor a bladed weapon. An axe should fit well into that, but the mace looked a little silly on a GWF.
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wonderous Bazaar last beta also had an Axe for sale, like 14k AD's
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The orc runspeed boost seems to activate whenever you get punted or faceplanted. It's like a free Into the Fray connected to your tab key, self-cast only. How useful that is compared to other racials... I'm sure someone else has a theory with charts. It is helpful though.

Orcs also look just stunning in the wolf hat. Make sure to get the wolf hat.