test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting Focused Guild Name

klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
My focus has completely shifted since last week and I am interested in starting a guild that is solely focused on Crafting and Trading. I'm posting here because I want to have an awesome name that fits and is all D&D-y so ideas please (hopefully I'll do well in the great guild name race on wednesday).

If you'd like to join me you're more than welcome but I only want an ingame guild, I don't want to join any multinational overarching website groups that require registration.
Sig_zpse9729709.png
Post edited by klaw10 on

Comments

• theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    House Kal'Daka will trade and craft.... ;) Just an idea.

But if you're seeking guild names for crafting and trading I have this thought. I stumbled across this some time back:

TWILIGHT TAVERN

A tavern on the surface, it is a trading post for merchants from the Underdark and the Surface realms. Spices, silver, precious stones, weaponry and even slaves can be found traded within the tavern by drows, dwarves and humans alike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I am planning on my main being a drow.

I was thinking more of a trading organisation rather than a place though. House something could work hmmmmm....
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In the end, the most audible-appealing choice will be what you, as opposed to your potential guild members or random folk on the interwebs, choose (10-hours of trying to come up with a guild name, experience). So I can just give some tips as to how we settled on ours:

Our guild is also quite economy-focused, from the lore. In such guild cases, 'Order of the ___' or 'House of ___' both work well. For the '___', you should really think of lore, particularly your own back-story. As the Guild Founder, there is no doubt that your persona's history influenced the naming process.

Example: I'm of the Raventree family in Waterdeep, and I have a few family members (other players) that have come with me to Neverwinter, so we established 'Order of the Raven'.

Another major tip I can give is to keep it simple. Don't try to look up some latin-root word or any of that BS. People living in the current (from the MMO's perspective) world of Neverwinter don't the have time to come up with witty and scholarly names.

My 2 cents, best of luck in your naming venture!
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »
    Well I am planning on my main being a drow.

I was thinking more of a trading organisation rather than a place though. House something could work hmmmmm....

Well Come on over to House Kal'Daka - you can be in charge of trading and crafting ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    Well considering all but one of the crafts are smiths of some sort, how about Order of the Smith?
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Village Forge
    Market Smithy
    Hammer and Needle
    Have tongs. Will travel.
    The Margins
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
    edited April 2013
    Great advice and suggestions thanks.

Thanks for the offer to join your guild Mr. Shepherd but I want this to be a long term project of mine. I'm assuming the devs will give us nice things for guildies like vaults.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
    edited April 2013
    OK I went to recruit and it was not going well when who did I see pop up but the good shepherd himself so I thought what the hell....

Yes I have a wild nature but that does not mean I will lose focus in the middle of a dungeon. When my team is being attacked by foes I become extremely focused and single minded. However, I may wander off if we have to wait for players to show up at entrances or in the middle of a trade or if it's laggy or I'm tired or I have to read more than 2 lines of text.....

House Kal'Daka.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png