test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter Powers and Feats

fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Class: Guardian Fighter
The Guardian Fighter is courageous and stalwart, superior at defensive maneuvers, and no stranger to hand-to-hand combat. Heavy plate armor and a shield make the Guardian Fighter a durable mainstay on the battlefield, while a trusty longsword and focused aggression cut through foes that stand in the way.

Ability Scores
  • Gain 1 ability point for 2 separate abilities at levels 10, 20, 40 and 50.
  • Gain 1 ability point for all 6 abilities at levels 30 and 60.
  • Abilities grant the following bonuses for each point over 10.
STR (Secondary): +1% Guard Meter, +1% DoT Damage Resistance, +1% Damage Bonus
CON (Primary): +1% Action Point Gain, +2% Maximum Hit Points
DEX (Secondary): -1% Resistance Ignored, +1% AoE Damage Resistance, +0.5% Deflection Chance
INT: +1% Recharge Speed
WIS: +1% Control Bonus, +1% Control Resistance
CHA: +1% Companion Stat Bonus, +1% Combat Advantage Damage

General Powers

Guard
Utility
personal
Block incoming damage in front of you at the cost of your Guard meter. Also negate Control effects, like Daze or Stun.

Dungeoneering
Skill
personal
Detect secret doors, triggers and traps. Interact with dungeoneering objects. Collect dungeoneering artifacts to sell.

Combat Powers
  • Gain 1 power point every level. (Note: Tutorial automatically selects your 5 starting powers over 4 character levels.)
  • Class Mechanic is unlocked after 10 power points are spent.
  • All powers except class mechanics can be boosted to Rank 3.
  • Rank 3 is unlocked after 20 power points are spent.
Starting Powers

Cleave
At-Will
melee, 5' cylinder
Physical Damage
You swing through the foes in front of you. The third hit deals additional damage.
Rank-up Bonus: Damage: +10%

Tide of Iron
At-Will
melee, 3' cylinder
Physical Damage
Smash your shield into a single foe and reduce their Damage Resistance. Recovers 10% of your Guard meter.

Lunging Strike
Encounter
melee, 30' lunge
Physical Damage
8 second cooldown
Charge at your foe and finish with a hearty stab.
Rank-up Bonus: Range: +5 feet

Villain's Menace
Daily
personal, 30' burst
Physical Damage
With valiant fury you smash the ground, damaging foes around you. In your temporary fervor, you deal increased damage and gain immunity to disabling effects.
Rank-up Bonus: Buff Duration: +2 seconds

Shield Talent
Class Feature
personal
Increases your Guard meter by 5%.
Rank-up Bonus: Guard: +5%

5 Points

Enforced Threat
Encounter
personal, 30' burst
Physical Damage
15 second cooldown
Forcefully Taunt nearby foes, causing them to attack you. Recovers Guard meter.
Rank-up Bonus: Guard: +5%

Griffon's Wrath
Encounter
melee, 3' cylinder
Physical Damage
1+Rank charges, 15 second cooldown
You lash out with a heavy overhand blow that Stuns your foe.
Rank-up Bonus: Charges: +1

10 Points

Class Mechanic: Combat Challenge
Mark
Mechanic
100' range
Mark your target. The challenged foe will have lowered Damage Resistance, and you build twice as much Threat while striking him. Guarded attacks will not remove your Mark.

Aggravating Strike
At-Will Replacer
melee, 5' cylinder
Physical Damage
Replaces an At-Will while Guarding.
Stab your foe over your shield, Taunting them to engage you.

Shield Slam
At-Will Replacer
melee, 3' cylinder
Physical Damage
Replaces an At-Will while Guarding.
Slams your shield into your foe without leaving you vulnerable. Recovers 5% of your Guard meter.

Fighter's Recovery
Daily
personal
You steady yourself and gain vigor for the fight to come by temporarily Healing for a large portion of the damage you deal.
Rank-up Bonus: Heal: +20%

Terrifying Impact
Daily
50' range, 4' cylinder
Physical Damage
Giving an exultant battle cry, you pulverize the ground, foes hit by the upheaval are Stunned.
Rank-up Bonus: Damage: +15%

15 Points

Knee Breaker
Encounter
melee, 3' cylinder
Physical Damage
14 second cooldown
Break your target's knee, dealing damage over time and temporarily Slowing them.
Rank-up Bonus: Debuff Duration: +1 second

Enhanced Mark
Class Feature
personal
Marked targets now build Threat while Marked, and you generate 33% more Threat when striking them.
Rank-up Bonus: Threat: +33%

Guarded Assault
Class Feature
personal
While Guarding, reflect 1% of incoming damage to your attacker.
Rank-up Bonus: Damage: +1%

20 Points

Unlock Rank 3 of all previous powers!

Crushing Surge
At-Will
melee, 5' cylinder
Physical Damage
A series of slow satisfying attacks. The third strike deals additional damage and will Heal you.

Knight's Challenge
Encounter
40' range
28 second cooldown
Challenge your target, temporarily locking them in 1 on 1 combat. While challenged, you and your opponent deal double damage to each other and half damage to anyone else.

Combat Superiority
Class Feature
personal
For 5 seconds, deal 10% additional damage to foes after they hit you.
Rank-up Bonus: Duration: +5 seconds

30 Points

Anvil of Doom
Encounter
melee, 3' cylinder
16 second cooldown
Your weapon collides with your enemy's skull, dealing double damage if your target had 25% or less health.

Paragon Power
Encounter

Paragon Power
Class Feature

35 Points

Paragon Power
At-Will

Into The Fray
Encounter
personal, 50' burst
15 second cooldown
A fierce battle cry that temporarily increases your adventuring party's Run Speed and Action Point generation. In addition, all party members receive a small portion of your Maximum Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points.
Rank-up Bonus: Run Speed: +2

40 Points

Supremacy of Steel
Daily
personal, ??’ burst
Physical Damage
You ready yourself to lash out at any who dare strike you, returning a portion of the damage you just suffered. Can be expended early to damage nearby foes.
Rank-up Bonus: Damage: +10%, Buff Duration: +2 seconds

Paragon Power
Class Feature

45 Points

Iron Warrior
Encounter
personal, 80' burst
20 second cooldown
You gain Temporary Hit Points based on your missing Hit Points, and your Guard meter can temporarily sustain more damage before breaking. Recovers Guard meter.
Rank-up Bonus: Buff Duration: +1 second

Knight's Valor
Encounter
personal
12 second cooldown
Defend your party, temporarily intercepting half of all damage they would have taken, and then builds Threat based on a portion of how much you intercepted.

50 Points

Bull Charge
Encounter
melee, ??' lunge
Physical Damage
12 second cooldown
Rush your foe, violently Knocking them back, leaving them Prone.
Rank-up Bonus: Damage: +10%, Knockback: +10 feet

Paragon Power
Daily

Paragon Power
Class Feature
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Paragon Paths
    • Unlocked at level 30.
    Iron Vanguard
    "With every attack I make, I grow stronger and more resilient." You become a vision of physical perfection, mighty in body and ruthless in your pursuit of victory over every foe. No one defends the front line of battle better than you do.

30 Points

Frontline Surge
    Encounter
    30' lunge, 10' cylinder
    Physical Damage
    20 second cooldown
    You Knock back your enemies, sending them Prone, allowing you and your allies to seize new ground.
    Rank-up Bonus: (missing data)

Ferocious Reaction
    Class Feature
    personal
    When your Hit Points drop below 15%, you regain 10% of your Hit Points, the foe that hit you takes that much damage, and you gain a Damage Resistance buff for 5 seconds. (5 minute cooldown)

35 Points

Threatening Rush
    At-Will
    melee, ??' lunge
    Physical Damage
    Rush to target and slam into them with a painful looking attack. Your target and those around it are temporarily Marked.

40 Points

Trample The Fallen
    Class Feature
    personal
    When a foe is affected by Control powers, you deal 5% more damage to it.

50 Points

Indomitable Strength
    Daily
    melee
    Physical Damage
    Pummel your target with a rain of blows, Knocking them away and leaving them Prone.

Enduring Warrior
    Class Feature
    personal
    When kill an enemy, you regain Hit Points equal to 1% of your Maximum Hit Points.
    edited April 2013
    Epic Destinies are not currently available in Neverwinter.

(Post reserved for possible expansion.)
    edited April 2013
    Heroic Feats
    • Gain 1 Heroic Feat point at levels 10-29.
    • Must spend 5 points in a Tier to advance to the next Tier.
    Heroic Feat Tree: Guardian Fighter

Tier 1
    Action Surge
    Gain 2/4/6/8/10% more Action Points from Guarding attacks.
    Ranks: 5
    Strength Focus
    Increase the effectiveness of Strength by 5/10/15%.
    Ranks: 3
    Toughness
    Increase your Maximum Hit Points by 3/6/9%.

Tier 2
    Shielded Resurgence
    When affected by a Control power, gain 2/3/4% of your Hit Points over 10 seconds. (30 second cooldown)
    Distracting Shield
    When you Guard an attack, your attacker briefly deals 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.
    Armor Specialization
    Increases the effectiveness of Armor Class and Defense by 5/10/15%.

Tier 3
    Potent Challenge
    You generate 5/10/15% more Threat.
    Powerful Attack
    Increase the damage of your Encounter and At-Will Powers by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Grit
    Gain 1/2/3% of your Maximum Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you are Healed by a power. (40 second cooldown.)

Tier 4
    Pin Down
    The Prone duration of your powers is increased by 5/10/15%.
    Weapon Mastery
    1/2/3% greater chance to land a Critical Hit.
    Ubiquitous Shield
    Reduce the damage effects of Combat Advantage against you by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    edited April 2013
    Paragon Feats
    • Gain 1 Paragon Feat point at levels 30-60.
    • Must spend 5 points in a Tier to advance to the next Tier.
    Paragon Feat Tree: Conqueror (Offense)
    The Conqueror wields weapons with skill and mastery, dealing heavy damage to foes with enhanced damage dealing powers, Criticals, and Combat Advantage.

Tier 1
    Improved Vigor
    When less than 50% Hit Points, gain 2/4/6/8/10% more Action Points.
    Take Measure
    When you are Critically Hit, gain Temporary Hit Points equal to 1/2/3/4/5% of your Maximum Hit Points. (50 second cooldown)

Tier 2
    Reinforced Surge
    Frontline Surge now leaves targets Prone for an additional 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 second.
    Wrathful Warrior
    When you have Temporary Hit Points, you deal 3/6/9/12/15% more damage.

Tier 3
    Cruel Cut Style
    Cleave now deals 3/6/9/12/15% more damage.
    Staggering Challenge
    Gain 4/8/12/16/20% damage bonus to Griffon's Wrath when the target has recently been struck by Staggering Challenge empowered by Griffon's Wrath. Additionally your damage bonus from Knight's Challenge is increased by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 4
    Tactical Superiority
    Combat Superiority deals 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. At the 5th tier of this feat, Combat Superiority will not require that the target hits you first.
    Menacing Impact
    Villain's Menace now has 1/2/3/4/5 feet more range, and both Terrifying Impact and Villain's Menace now deal 2/4/6/8/10% more damage.

Tier 5
    Reckless Attacker
    You gain bonus Power proportional to how much Guard meter you have remaining. When your Guard meter is full you gain 100% additional Power.
    Ranks: 1

Paragon Feat Tree: Protector (Defense)
    The Protector specializes at mitigating big hits with the use of a shield and protecting the party from harm.

Tier 1
    Armor of Bahamut
    When your Guard is broken, reduce 6/12/18/24/30% of the remaining Guard break damage.
    Plate Agility
    You gain 1/2/3/4/5% chance to Deflect attacks.

Tier 2
    Improved Reaction
    Ferocious Reaction Heals you for an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your Maximum Hit Points.
    Shield Defense
    Gain 1/2/3/4/5 to Armor Class.

Tier 3
    Shieldmaster
    Shield Talent now reduces how much Guard meter is consumed by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Brawling Warrior
    Knight's Valor increases your Damage Resistance by 1/2/3/4/5%, and Enforced Threat reduces an additional 2/4/6/8/10% damage and Threat.

Tier 4
    Balanced Shield Fighter
    Your Shield Slam and Aggravating Strike At-Wills deal 3/6/9/12/15% additional damage.
    Overwhelming Impact
    Supremacy of Steel and Terrifying Impact now temporarily reduce Damage Resistance by 1/2/3/4/5% on affected targets.

Tier 5
    Iron Guard
    With every melee hit on an enemy, you reduce its damage by 2%. Maximum 10% damage reduction.

Paragon Feat Tree: Tactician (Control)
    The Tactician is often thinking and planning, the master of strategy on the battlefield. Lots of control and threat keeps foes right where they ought to be.

Tier 1
    Fight On
    Encounter power cooldowns reduced by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Crushing Pin
    Your Control powers cause the target to take 2/4/6/8/10% bonus damage for 3 seconds.

Tier 2
    Daunting Challenge
    Marked targets now deal 2/4/6/8/10% less damage to your allies, but still deal full damage to you.
    Battle Trample
    When Trample The Fallen would cause you to deal more damage, you also gain 5/10/15/20/25% of your weapon damage in Threat and deal 5/10/15/20/25% of your weapon damage as Physical Damage.

Tier 3
    Inspiring Leader
    Into The Fray increases your party's damage by 1/2/3/4/5%.
    Powerful Strike
    Lunging Strike provides 4/8/12/16/20% more Threat and has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to Interrupt your target.

Tier 4
    Surging Tide
    Tide of Iron's debuff also reduces the amount of Physical damage dealt to you by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Terrifying Menace
    Anvil of Doom now has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to Stun the target for 1 second.

Tier 5
    Martial Mastery
    Taking damage while not using Guard now builds Action Points. You gain a bonus to this value based on your Damage Resistance.
    edited April 2013
    Epic feats are not currently available in Neverwinter.

(Post reserved for possible expansion.)
    edited April 2013
    Current power and feat list is based on the Guardian Fighter from Beta Weekend 4 (April 12-14, 2013).

Updated to Open Beta in case anyone is looking (April 27, 2013).
    • Corrected Primary Attribute to Constitution.
    • Renamed Stab At-Will to Aggravating Strike.
    • Added missing rank-up bonus to Crushing Surge.
    • Corrected Shielded Resurgence feat bonus from 2/3/6% to 2/3/4%.

The Neverwinter Wiki should be your go-to source for information going forward.
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awesome work! Thx a lot for this, fr0gurt!

Now it's time to prepare my build for OB :-)
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nice work fr0gurt, Would you have screenshot of the skill tree? GF is the only class missing for me to add in the calculator:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?136411-Power-Calculator

Edit: Nvm I think ur post info was enough to make it done.
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey! I used your info to create a table to help people prepare their build. I hope you see no problem on it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9p4QkwvGCXvbk15Vmpxd1ZnM3c/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: It's not adapted for Humans specifications, so if you are playing as human place 3 extra talent points at Heroic Feats. I'll handle that later and change the file.
  • skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you elaborate any on the epic destinies and feats? I'm assuming you data-mined the majority of this data, as well?
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awesome thanks
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I thought CON was the primary stat for the GF? Nice collection mate!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Does any1 here have high resolution screenshots from GF powers so I can make icon out of it?
    edited April 2013
    warbr wrote: »
    Nice work fr0gurt, Would you have screenshot of the skill tree? GF is the only class missing for me to add in the calculator:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?136411-Power-Calculator

Edit: Nvm I think ur post info was enough to make it done.

Good work on the power calculator. I think a level 60 character might actually have 61 power points available to spend. The "extra" point comes when you hit Level 4 during the Sleeping Dragon Bridge portion of the Tutorial, and you gain access to both your first Daily power and first Class Feature.

(And sorry, didn't take any screenshots.)
    leisses wrote: »
    Hey! I used your info to create a table to help people prepare their build. I hope you see no problem on it.

Edit: It's not adapted for Humans specifications, so if you are playing as human place 3 extra talent points at Heroic Feats. I'll handle that later and change the file.

No problem at all. (In fact according to Section 11 of the Terms of Service, "User Content posted to the Website is publicly available and not confidential and will become the sole property of PWE." It's no longer my content, and it wasn't in the first place since it's pretty much a direct copy from the in-game character sheet.)
    Can you elaborate any on the epic destinies and feats? I'm assuming you data-mined the majority of this data, as well?

Actually it was a lot of Alt-Tabbing between Neverwinter and Word, and a lot of typing.

In Dungeons and Dragons 4e, level progression is divided into three Tiers: Heroic (1-10), Paragon (11-20) and Epic (21-30). Neverwinter only covers the Heroic Tier (as levels 1-29) and the Paragon Tier (as levels 30-60). (I actually only made it to level 23 with my Guardian Fighter, so the switchover level may be off by one.)

Those two posts are basically "reserved for future use" posts on the off-chance that Cryptic releases a level 61-90 expansion, and I'm still around updating this thread.
    vernednd wrote: »

Cheers!

I cross-checked my notes with the Neverwinter Wiki, and all signs point to Strength being the Primary Ability Score.
    edited April 2013
    Strange! The wiki were with the 0.5% DR from CON and it's not anymore. I didn't check at BW4 but I'm pretty sure it gives the 0.5% DR and 100% sure it place CON as Primary Ability Score.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »

Cheers!

Yes, i took notes in CBW4 (which was my first and only Beta Weekend) and for GF the [Primary stat is CON] with [Secondary stats STR, DEX].
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited April 2013
    Con is listed a primary. Dex and Str are listed as secondary. I keep seeing damage reduction being mentioned as a component of Con, but I haven't seen it listed on the character sheet since BW2 (I purposefully checked for it). Just going off the in game character sheet:
    Constitution provides bonuses to: Action Point gain (vital for being able to unleash our daily abilities) and maximum HP

As a result, I was putting more emphasis on Str - when given the option, I was putting 1 point in CON and 1 in Str.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited April 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »

I cross-checked my notes with the Neverwinter Wiki, and all signs point to Strength being the Primary Ability Score.

Maybe people are going in and updating that, because that's not what's listed right now.

Primary

Constitution
    +1% Action Point Gain
    +2% Hit Points

Secondary

Strength
    +1% Guard Meter
    +1% Damage bonus
    +1% DoT Damage Resistance
    Dexterity
    +1% Resistance ignored
    +1% AoE Damage Resistance
    +0.5% Deflection Chance

Edit: The Curse sponsored Wiki, however, does have DR listed as a component of Con. I'll check again when I load in on the 25th.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013

showing empty
    edited April 2013
    tibberton1 wrote: »
    Edit: The Curse sponsored Wiki, however, does have DR listed as a component of Con. I'll check again when I load in on the 25th.

I'll definitely take another look when I get back in on the 27th. And actually, the entire sheet will need to be reviewed in case the powers are... "rebalanced".
    fredbakan wrote: »

showing empty

You should be able to access leisses' spreadsheet via File -> Download.
  • fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
  • ashneraashnera Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very much for this. This will be very useful to compare changes with patches.
    I also believe the game marked CON as primary tho personally i take strength as primary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][url]
    http://twitch.tv/xilana[/url]
  • jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Guardian_Fighter

This is the Official Neverwinter Wiki, here we can see Con as primary stat and 0.5% Damage Resistance per point over 10. I don't know if this is true. Any official news?
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
    edited April 2013
    Awesome! If GF stay as it says there CON will be not worse than GWF CON as it was by people comments.

I really hope that's the real ability bonuses from CON for GF.