test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Threat Issues: Sentinel Paragon Feats

13»

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Until the ap nerf patch i had no problem holding threat with my sentinel, it was rly were it supposed to be due to slam threat generation. I've been playing sentinel since beta, spend more then 2 mil ad in specs to try and find my spot with this class, it didnt need too much of high end gear to pull that off, t1 was enough rly with scrapper and the recovery one 2+2, only a good rotation and most of the mobs would stay glued to u. What i;ve noticed on my GF(since Gwf nerfs rly pushed me away from that class) is that lifesteal generates alot of threat and maybe is how u need to tank now with Gwf as well.. but i am not gonna spend another 5 mil ad to just make that class work. A funny build was posted by someone in the barracks, but it is more to it that the first look and he has reason with it. Threat generation is GWF biggest problem atm and is sad cause it didnt used to be :(
  • arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't even know why I bother still... Without any feedback from the devs since BW3 on Sentinel issues, it almost seems hopeless at this point. They either need to fix the threat issues or entirely re-design the feats so that points are not blatantly wasted.

I know why you bother. You like the idea of the class and its potential. It had a little dps a little tank but they cut it's marbles off. So now you are there neutered and you want your toy back.

There are so many GWF's out they're playing TR's GF's or what ever cause they get passed over for PvE and now have to copy and paste a build for PvP to be marginaly competative. I still play my GWF I only have rank 5 ench no armor ench I go get my daily AD then when DD come up i spend a few LFG sometimes i get a pug dd. Usualy I jump on my TR and PvE.

A TR will most likely tank a boss before any GF or GWF high damage light armor class takes on face to face w/ a boss melee it is comical.

I remember when a rogue had to worry about agro management use his stealth to attack and survive you know oops that 20k hit got his attention time to evade!. Here its hey tank grab agro and run you cant kill the adds anyway and GWF umm i guess stand infront of the healer or cw maybe they will hit you by accident.

The GWF has awesome tools but they just dont work and nothing has really shown me that it is changing. I have heard lots of people say they are playing until another game compares w/ this but has better class balance. Be nice if the Dev's would just work on it and show some interest to finish this class and make it a valuable team member. Also need to jack up these grps that have 2cw,2dc and a rogue or a mix of that go in and clear the epic content but thats another rant
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm an experienced GWF sentinel in pve, or i was. below is to show:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?404481-Grimah-s-PvE-Sentinel-build

Threat is indeed broken, with the new buffs and nerfs, a gwf can not compete with any other class for threat, you can only take agro if no one else is damaging them or targeted. This can work here and there, (you can see from my guide). Of all classes/specs sentinel is probably the least contributing role. They have the most survivability of all classes but their damage is lowest (I did tests with other similar geared gwfs/TRs/CW/GFs)

I changed my spec to destroyer now, after fustration. I wanted to tank and not be an invincible garden plant so i rolled a GF, which has been great. everything i see can be put under my command now, though GF survivability is lower they perform the role far better.

Also my destroyer can tank damage better than my GF still. all due to unstoppable.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
This discussion has been closed.