test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Thought is recruiting experienced gamers 21+

fenchurchfenchurch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Update 5/1

Full on clerics! High demand for Guardian Fighters. All exceptional players are welcome to apply.

Guild Name: Deep Thought
Guild Leader: Fen
Guild Contact: Fen (@Fenchurch7)
Guild Website: www.godeep.enjin.com
Guild Currently Recruiting: all classes
Current Guild Size: 8
Guild Size Goal: 42 active members
Guild Type: PVE progression
Guild Peak Time Zones: EST
Shard: Dragon

Description: Deep Thought is a non RP, PVE progression guild. Our founding members all have extensive MMO experience. We are a 21+ guild looking for very active members with a healthy sense of humor and a sense of community. Our guild and voice chats will be of questionable taste & profanity laden, so the easily offended should look elsewhere. This is a guild for players who know it is possible to perform at a high level without taking yourselves seriously.

Deep Thought is looking for new members to hit the ground running. We are a small group of friends, some new and some who have been playing together for years. Most have been hard core raiders in the past, and we strive to bring that same mentality to a lower pressure environment in Neverwinter. The only things we require are that you be an active player over 21 years of age with a healthy and perhaps twisted sense of humor. We play for fun first and foremost, so personality is as important as skill.

We are primarily NA players with primarily EST play times.

Please visit our website and contact me with any questions. I will be starting the game with the 3 day head start and would like to find others doing the same.
Post edited by fenchurch on

Comments

• ternesyavternesyav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dear Fenchurch: Are you a three-dimensional protrusion into our universe that looks like a mouse?

I am also a twisted individual, 48 years-of-age, who plays multiple games - usually on the same day (but never at the same time).

I don't like ... well, a lot of things. I would say that they make me "crazy," but I am already crazy, so that wouldn't be demonstrative.

I'm not sure if I want to join a guild in Neverwinter yet. I've joined a lot of guilds in a lot of games, and I always end up taking a long hiatus from the game and losing the guild (and forgetting who they all were as well).

HOWEVER - I do approve of your guild name. That is always very important to me. It reflects on one's stature and dignity. Yours is both appropriate for a generic fantasy roll-playing game, while also referencing one of the twentieth-centuries' most important sci-fi works. Congradulations.

I will bookmark this page, and keep an eye out for you on the 27th. I will be rolling a Cleric.

The cleric will be useful for soloing. The down-side will be when other players expect me to "heal" them during group events. I'm sure they'll be greatly disappointed.

Good luck in your endevours and best wishes to your crew!
  • fenchurchfenchurch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the response. Should you decide to join a guild, I think you'd fit right in with us.
  • fenchurchfenchurch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We've gotten some great apps so far, I think we're putting together a really good group of slightly warped individuals with a lot of experience and skill. Can't wait!!
    Still room for plenty more!
  • whizzzzbangwhizzzzbang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait for the game and the guild to get started.
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just applied.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
    edited April 2013
    Keep the applications coming, we've got an excellent group forming.
    edited April 2013
    Wanting to buy melee dps and tanks!
  • m1lenk0m1lenk0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hahaha quick glance on forums and my mind read 'Deep Throat" for your guild name, damm dirty mind!

free bump :P
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Sounds great, to bad I live in Amsterdam. I wish you all a happy time tho.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! I wouldn't mind an Amsterdam contingent but I don't suppose we'd see much of each other unless you're a serious night owl.
    edited April 2013
    Still open for new members. Also, I believe we're rolling on the Dragon shard.
    edited April 2013
    Not long now! Stop by and say hello - www.godeep.enjin.com.
  • lorefeirlorefeir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like a guild I would like. Unfortunately I live in Denmark but I might apply anyway since I often play at night :)
  • tehmooshtehmoosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey Fen, I think I sent you a PM, please check your mail!
    edited April 2013
    Nothing in my in box, tehmoosh! You can reach me on the guild site: www.godeep.enjin.com
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Appreciate the warm welcome, but picking a guild with an huge difference in timezone won't be good for my biological clock. I wish you all happy gaming though :)
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
    edited April 2013
    Same to you, Decubis! We've had a few good applicants that we simply would never have seen due to play times. I'll say hi if I see you around!
  • zikorezikore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just submit an application to join. After reading some of the posts here I think I have found the right guild. I took off work for the launch today and tomorrow so I hope to see some of you in game.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hi!

I won't lie, all these guild threads are downright confusing, never know what to make of them, but your name was too awesome to resist.

I'm a sci-fi geek (my cleric will be called Irulan and a wizard called Alia and a rogue called Duncana or Thufirha... so... yeah, you get the picture). I used to raid in DDO when raiding had some point in that game. I'm used to elitists and crass humor, I myself am rather sarcastic often and tend to make dirty jokes at times. I've tried GW2 but their dungeons are not a PVE strategist's kind of content, so I've been playing Tera instead. I like RPGs but the thing that attracts me to MMO is content where people have to work together, figure out strategies... even if they have to wipe for a few weeks. In Tera we wiped at the Queen maybe 20 times before we finally beat her. I am cool with that.

I tend to go first for support characters that can save the day with the many tools they carry. In DDO my main was an artificer because I had great self-healing, good DPS, some CC and I could heal the tank like no other. Oh and if most died, I could rez, I could buff and I could heal. So shockingly :P my main will be a devoted cleric in this game. But I am not one to have just a main, my alts usually get just as much love eventually. I plan to have 1 DPS wizard (pretending to be a sorcerer without fire spells is just horrible though), 1 CC wizard and a rogue... gotta have a rogue.

I am used to solo grinding a lot, but as I said the main fun in an mmo for me is going at hard content. And that gets a lot more fun with friends who rib eachother and make jokes and discuss strategies with a light heart. While I have no problems following at times, I prefer an environment where each person comments on what worked and what didn't during a dungeon crawl or a raid then just take a leader's commands whether wrong or right.

Oh and I also write too much when I'm bored at work and on the forums.

Let me know if you think it'd be a good fit, I'm starting to play tonight (so excited!).

PS: Forgot, I'm in Eastern Time Zone and I'm 33.
    edited April 2013
    You sound perfect for the guild. We have a small group already playing right now, although I'm just sitting on vent with them being stupidly jealous. They will probably have the guild formed up by the time you arrive. Just throw a quick app up on the guild site, though you've pretty much told us everything we need to know so you can just be brief and I'll get you approved. The vent password is in the member forums once I give you access.

See you there!
    edited April 2013
    We are working on getting the guild formed in game right now. If you're on the Dragon Shard and would like to lend a hand, hit up zicore@zicore.
    edited April 2013
    At first glance, we seems to have a shortage of trickster rogues, but we are still recruiting all classes. Personality > class at this point by far.

Come on in, we have cookies and beer.
  • tehmooshtehmoosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why didn't you mention the beer before???

Can we make the cookies dragon shaped with colored sprinkles for scales?
    edited April 2013
    If you're making the cookies, you can decorate them however you like, as long as you share.
  • sterling330sterling330 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /bump to first page!
  • ailo412ailo412 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking for more TRs!
    edited April 2013
    Haven't been lurking here much because we've been busy playing, but we are still looking for members to add to our very active group. Check us out!
    edited May 2013
    Updated OP to include current needs.