test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a guild for me?

crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
Heya everyone! Let me start by saying that I've perused through the guild list here and read up on several of the guilds. However, I'm still not sure which one will be a good fit. I know there have been several of these posts and you may be getting tired of them by now, but here's another one. Sorry. So I'm putting the question to you. What guild would be a good fit for me?

Let me get you up to speed on me:

I'm a 37 year-old male with a job, wife, and two kids. This, of course makes my playing sporadic at best. That being said, I need a guild that understands that there may be days, or weeks even, when I'm not able to play. As a matter of fact, right now my son is bugging the bejeesus out of me. Anyway, I'm from the old school where you had to grind for ever to get anywhere in an rpg (yes I realize this is an mmorpg and not a traditional rpg) so I like to take my time. I need a guild that doesn't want to rush through every dungeon to get to the end; I like to search through every nook and cranny, even if I've been in that dungeon 100 times before. It may take me months to reach level cap and I'm perfectly fine with that. To me, it's the journey that's important, not the destination. I'm not opposed to voice chat and realize that it's sometimes required, especially for raids, but I tend not to talk a lot. It just feels weird to me somehow. As for rp, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't mind rping through a dungeon and in fact would find it fun. I just don't want to be standing around in one of the taverns rping away. That does not sound like fun. I know there are several Christian faith-based guilds out there, but I'm, uhhh....... not religious. At all. If that doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother me either.

Well, sorry for the long post. I think I've rambled on long enough. Also, I'm late for work. So, am I right for you? Any feedback is appreciated. Except flaming. And trolling. That's never appreciated.
Post edited by crstirizlxxvii on

Comments

• rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Menzoberranzan will be a casual roleplaying-based Guild that is not interested in racing to End Game content, and we will not have the kind of rigid requirements of other Guilds. We are not a huge multi-game - competitive Guild, but more a group of like-minded individuals who come from a roleplaying Dungeons & Dragons background that like to weave tales together in whatever games we choose to play. Stop by and post an Introduction, we would be happy to discuss it with you further.

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • baronquantumnbaronquantumn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hail crstirizlxxvii, we know what it is like to find the right home. A place you can hang out and not be judged by your talents, your attendance or even your needs of just wanting to have fun. Leaving out all the elitism, drama, politics and religion has helped us to maintain a fantastic home for all of the Swarm members. Our members are widely versed in all aspects of gameplay, pvp, pve, crafting but the one thing that pulls us so tightly together is our devotion to our community and every member. Have a look at WWW.SINISTERSWARM.COM and check out our promotional video, that basically spells out who and what the Swarm is all about.
    We wish you all the best once again finding a place to call home, and no worries at all about real life situations getting in the way, we relish the idea that life comes first and always precedes.
    swarm_sig_quantumn.png
  • steelheartxsteelheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feel free to come check us out at www.grievanceguild.com . If you find yourself interested then simply register on our forums.

In Grievance, we understand that life and family always comes first above all else :)
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !
  • jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Hiya!
    I am in the same boat as you married, 2 children (1 a 18 month) and work full time, so my schedule is challenged for game time. However I did find a great group of people who don't mind my crazy availability, who roleplay, who don't rely on teamspeak and are generally a great bunch of mature (most over 30) people. It may be a good fit for you.
    The Wild Hunt
    Check it out!

I think it is a perfect fit!

Good luck and see you in Neverwinter!
  • thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hey there,

You might find us a good fit as well. Check my sig for the recruitment thread. And I'll see your two kids and raise you to a third!

Grind...only grind required is for coffee. There will be subsets that will be more active and "grind" more, but it is a choice not a requirement.

Voice chat, we use mumble. It is not a requirement for membership, it is up to the individual raid/pvp leaders to decide on it's necessity. And then, if you're not the tank, you can stay silent as a mouse.

RP, we have some players with interest in it. Entirely up to you.

Check us out, and where ever you land, have fun!
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If your still on the search take a look at our recruitment post and website. We are 21yr old guild and a huge number of our active members are 30-40+. We are a causal guild so we don't rush to be first, but we do have a active endgame events once enough of us reach the level cap. Along the way we will have Monday 9est Dungeon Delves and Questing, with additional events coming as our members start hosting events.
  • crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for all the replies, they're appreciated. I've decided that I'll give Grievance a shot. Thanks again for all the replies.
  • sardokussardokus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello crstirizlxxvii, I sent you a pm sir.
  • paignio328paignio328 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    greetings crstirizlxxvii i sent you a pm :)
    250px-Mithril-hall.jpg

Mithral Hall is recruiting