test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon Masters Strike + action queue

scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
edited April 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hey there,

Not really noticing this on Sure Strike. But with Weapon Masters Strike, you often seem to get locked into a spam of the ability, when sometimes you just want to debuff and use another at-will.

I'm not sure whether this is some action queue not allowing me to overide the next action, or some bug with the second hit of Weapon Masters Strike.

When I swing Weapon Masters Strike with no target, i don't get stuck in a spam queue, but when there is a target and second attack procs, if I'm not careful with button pressing, seems to lock in the next attack.

Anyone seen anything similar with different skills? Trying to isolate whether this is action queue issue (although can't find anywhere to turn action queue off) or just Weapon Masters Strike.
Post edited by scatheuk on

Comments

• Options
    elspethtirelnwelspethtirelnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I personally haven't experienced this issue with follow-up attacks, although the general wind-up and root of the ability does have its own risks. I'd advise maybe just clicking once as opposed to holding the attack down. The second portion of the animation plays out later and you can actually begin another follow-up before it has completely ended. Maybe that's the issue?
    | Banners of the Light | Recruitment is open | End Game PvE and PvP |
    | Lust | Level 60 Guardian Fighter 15.8k GS|
  • Options
    scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    well yeah, pressing it once works, but it's also not very conducive to an action mmo ;p
  • Options
    elspethtirelnwelspethtirelnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It is a bit odd, I do agree. There is a slight benefit to it functioning in this manner, although the skill itself could use some improvement in animation and either damage or utility.
  • Options
    extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Really good question is how long is the debuff? A short period of time doesn't give me anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Really good question is how long is the debuff? A short period of time doesn't give me anything.

In its current state, not long/effective enough to warrant its use I'd say.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rank 1 it's 2 secs debuff, and additional 1 sec for each rank up to max of 4s. Trouble is, no real way to see how much the debuff is for as well.

Just seems a better option that Wicked Strike for aoe atm. Dunno, can't test it because I can't respec my powers without Zen.

Wicked Strike is so awfully slow it drives me crazy!
  • Options
    extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    scatheuk wrote: »
    Rank 1 it's 2 secs debuff, and additional 1 sec for each rank up to max of 4s. Trouble is, no real way to see how much the debuff is for as well.

Just seems a better option that Wicked Strike for aoe atm. Dunno, can't test it because I can't respec my powers without Zen.

Wicked Strike is so awfully slow it drives me crazy!

Appreciate the insight on the debuff, how did you get those numbers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • Options
    memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In its current state, not long/effective enough to warrant its use I'd say.

Actually it's very effective to use. Especially with the feat that increases encounter damage on debuffed enemies too.

I'll typically do one WMS, followed up by sure strike. The debuff at max rank is enough for a full 4-hits from sure strike and I can even work in at least 2 encounter abilities. When unstoppable is activated I can fit in a full set of sure strike, 2-encounters and another full sure strike.

Also from what I was able to see WMS is setting up automatic combat advantage with itself - saw a lot of orange numbers and tons of them with lightning bolts.

Oh and it also has a huge range and allows you to attack enemies behind you if you manage to hit anything in front of you. The ability is significantly better than it was in BW3.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I suppose it may vary based on what you are trying to accomplish with a build, but the longer wind-up time is still a concern to me. I feel I put out better numbers while on dungeon runs around level 50 with "wicked strike" (if I recall the name correctly). If I could slot 3 at-wills, I might agree. ;)

Regardless, this is an informative discussion that I'm sure will benefit others. I'm glad that it works well for you in your build.
  • Options
    memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suppose it may vary based on what you are trying to accomplish with a build, but the longer wind-up time is still a concern to me. I feel I put out better numbers while on dungeon runs around level 50 with "wicked strike" (if I recall the name correctly). If I could slot 3 at-wills, I might agree. ;)

Regardless, this is an informative discussion that I'm sure will benefit others. I'm glad that it works well for you in your build.

Oh I'd love to slot 3 at-wills. If I could have Wicked in there as well for AoE I'd love it, but really kinda felt that the GWF this time around worked out best with a predominantly single target build.

For my at-wills I went with Weaponmaster and Sure Strikes, Sure Strike is still hitting multiple targets on more than just the final attack, but your targets have to be right ON TOP of each other. So yeah, totally miss the wider cylinder from BW3.

Encounters I slotted in Flourish (I think that is the name, the first encounter power you get from the swordmaster paragon set) Not So Fast and Restoring Strike. Flourish when set up with a combat advantage is a wrecking ball, my build went high crit as well so sometimes I'd see just a pile of 1k+ crits all in a row. Not So Fast is pretty weak hitting, no getting around that. However it's also your only damaging PBAoE, requires less finesse than Roar (also hits harder) and for me was just a good filler to use while I was climbing the levels and wishing Punishing Charge came at level 15 or so. Restoring Strike I went with because it did more damage than Knockdown. I was also finding it hard to line up some of the interrupts, so more an L2P issue on my part there and I will probably replace Not So Fast with Knockdown once open/launch hits.

For my Dailies I went with Avalanche of Steel and Slam. Avalanche I used most often when I had to just GTFO and had a potion about to come off CD. Since you can use potions while in the air I found it pretty handy as a damaging escape route. Slam is just good overall, nice amount of damage, great way to clean up minions while concentrating on an LT or boss mob. Avalanche I'd probably be replacing for the Swordmaster Daily you get at I want to say 55 or so.

Really wish they had a calculator up so I could show my build. Oh well, here's hoping for sometime later.