test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Error after Error after Error

jtheisen77jtheisen77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is turning out to be a waste of a beta weekend. Had no problems when i played beta weekend #2, how can you go backwards as the game is supposed to be coming close to finished.

It started with with trying to patch the old client. Random BSOD during the patching process followed by a hard restart. At least i was downloading when this happened as some people can't even start the patch process. After this happened twice i submitted a support ticket(130411-000918), still waiting for some kind of response.

I decided to uninstall the old client and download a new one, same issue, nothing changed. Tried all the firewall tricks that was suggested in the forums, same result. Tried running in admin mode and compatablity mode, same result.

After one of my hard reboots during trying to patch, i entered into safe mode with networking, dissable the firewall completely(hate have to due that) and manage to get the game to patch.

Manually restarted into normal mode and tried to start the game, now even though the game is updated, i get an "error 31; A hog returned an error while trying to read" when check the version. What the hell does that mean?

If I disable the on-demand patching option in the client, i can log in, however as soon as it gets to the cryptic splash page, crashes to desktop. CrypticError PID:8364 ETID:14180797

I've set the client to force verify, just says patching, with no movement.

Extremely fustrating. Need Help. Let me know if anyone has experienced these issues and if you have a fix.