test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Crashing when within the City

selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been having crashing problems since Beta Weekend 3 and it seems to have continued in to Beta 4.
attachment.php?attachmentid=2341&d=1365810725
Things to note:

1) Only happens when in Protector's Enclave
2) Driver is up to date. Double checked it before the servers came up
3) Ongoing since Beta 3

Anyone able to tell me what is going on?

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
"Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
Post edited by selaral on

Comments

• darray1darray1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I have been having crashing problems since Beta Weekend 3 and it seems to have continued in to Beta 4.
    Things to note:

3) Ongoing since Beta 3

I am having the exact same problem.
  • eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    you're not alone mate.. just keep reporting and send all possible error message back to Devs.. hope it'll help them to fixe all those crashed before the final release :)
  • kiojikkiojik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Things to note:

3) Ongoing since Beta 3

When I get to Protectors Enclave at Level 4 I cant get to Knox before being teleported back. I get there with the Cleric Slide (only way) but he is not there.

Rerolled Wizard same deal except his teleport is not as fast so I cant even make it there to not see him. I cannot acceess the NPC merchants, and I get the you have been AFK for 10 minutes, which it didnt even take that long to get there from level 1.

Its like it doesnt register me as being active from login.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Random answer: Sounds like you don't have a lot of memory so your system is trying to use virtual memory (Hard drive space) and is running into trouble there. Do you have a lot of extra hard drive space? If your drive is full it might not be fast enough to use the virtual memory. Also, you can try changing the size of the paging file.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/what-is-virtual-memory

Just things to try.
  • bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited April 2013
    Having this exact issue. I am inclined to think that it is my ancient graphics card (nVidia GTS 250) but I never saw this issue in any of the previous beta weekends, and didn't notice it happen anywhere but Protector's Enclave.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien