test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CrossFire and SLI fix it please

vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Will BW4 fix the problems will ATI/AMD Crossfire and NVIDIA SLI ? Every beta so far me and my guild mates had to turn it off to make the game run right..:mad: I want the fastest frame rates. Please let them know so they can make driver hot fixes for your game if needed.
Post edited by vampero on

Comments

• toothlessspoontoothlessspoon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vampero wrote: »
    Will BW4 fix the problems will ATI/AMD Crossfire and NVIDIA SLI ? Every beta so far me and my guild mates had to turn it off to make the game run right..:mad: I want the fastest frame rates. Please let them know so they can make driver hot fixes for your game if needed.

Mate I don't know about AMD, but nvidia's latest drivers have a Neverwinter SLI profile. It was actually released not long after BW3, but I'll be able to give it a run this weekend.
    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub.
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mate I don't know about AMD, but nvidia's latest drivers have a Neverwinter SLI profile. It was actually released not long after BW3, but I'll be able to give it a run this weekend.

How is working ?? ATI/AMD has no patch yet for Crossfire. I still need to still run single card.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Greetings,

I found a post on the information board about the Nvidia SLI profile for neverwinter. Since it hasn't been moved to the bug forum, here's the info.
    By the way folks - I just did notice that the profile might not work due to an error in the path leading to the gameclient.exe.
    The path in the profile does look like this: Neverwinter/playtest/gameclient.exe
    The problem - I actually do not have a folder called "playtest" in my Neverwinter main folder.
    The way I got it working is pretty simple though - I just added the gameclient.exe (found in your Neverwinter/live folder) via Nvidia Inspector to the recently added Dungeons&Dragons Neverwinter profile. Before you can do this you have to delete another profile (in the list containing all profiles in NV Inspector) called "gameclient" though as adding the Neverwinter gameclient.exe will not work until the other profile is being deleted.

From what I gather you need a profile editor. Do a search for Nvidia Inspector and download the latest version 1.9.7.1. You have to run the utility and find the gameclient profile and delete it. Then add the correct profile under "neverwinter/live/gameclient.exe" I hope this helps.
  • xiaolinsolxiaolinsol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am using a crossfire setup and it is completely ignoring my secondary card and only using the primary....
  • soothingtonesoothingtone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xiaolinsol wrote: »
    I am using a crossfire setup and it is completely ignoring my secondary card and only using the primary....

'tis like that for all with crossfire setups :/ FIX IT PLEASE!
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    'tis like that for all with crossfire setups :/ FIX IT PLEASE!

You have to talk to AMD about that, PW can't do anything about it.
    Maybe you will pick a NVidia card next time. :)
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    Greetings,

I found a post on the information board about the Nvidia SLI profile for neverwinter. Since it hasn't been moved to the bug forum, here's the info.

From what I gather you need a profile editor. Do a search for Nvidia Inspector and download the latest version 1.9.7.1. You have to run the utility and find the gameclient profile and delete it. Then add the correct profile under "neverwinter/live/gameclient.exe" I hope this helps.

You dont need anything, you just need the latest drivers from NVidia, and as always do a CLEAN install, it's in the advanced options during installation, and after that re-enable SLI again in the NVidia Controlpanel.
  • khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would the "AMD Crossfire not working issue" have anything to do with me not being able to alt-tab out of the game or run game in windowed mode and then tile OTHER applications on top of THIS game?

I can do this with any other application, and it was really frustrating not to be able to tab out to go to the web or look something up or IM a friend.....
  • murraysnowmurraysnow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    change the video option from windowed maximised to fullscreen, my second ati 5870 kicked in straight away and will fix alt-tab out problems