test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Order of the Raven | Casual Guild | Awesome Community!

Comments

• Options
    scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Just finished the home page, and it's looking great! Check it out here: http://laggygamerz.com/raven/home
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    dividabletripoddividabletripod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Ravens! Are you folks still accepting new members? I read earlier a post scrolltro0l responded to which led me to your page. I'm interested in the guild mostly on the "maturity" aspect you set forth, but also the "semi-roleplay". I'm 28 years old, yet this is honestly my first mmorpg to be majorly involved in, yet I went Founder because I am a HUGE Forgotten Realms fan. Played DDO for a short time about a year ago, but being almost 11 years old that game had its designated "followers" which meant a new gamer (like myself) would just not get along well there. Which brings me to the present.

I DO play DnD on table top all the time, and know much of the lore as I also read strictly Forgotten Realms if I'm going to read DnD at all. Which may be the reason DDO didn't play well on me as it is Eberron based lore. However, being a devoted lover of Faerun and the beauty of the world I would hope I could fit in with the semi-roleplay format.

About me (SHORT version): I am military and stationed overseas, that being said I play mostly when Stateside is at work, or getting home from such since I am 6+ EST. Also as I said, I am also new to the MMO world, thus I am still learning. Though the "crash course" Beta opportunity was an excellent teacher as was my DnD crew. Thanks most to my DM who is the biggest gamer I have ever known, and has been running a year long campaign and thus is now my Guru in the gaming world evening talking back down to the world of PCs. I just built a Desktop (if that gives an idea to my seriousness to NW) and am now a predominately PC gamer, console back up which used to be the opposite. Regardless I am learning the MMO world very fast.

All that being said I understand if the whole time difference and/or lack of extensive experience is a killer. Just tired of the immaturity everywhere else. Formally playing console, like Halo or Modern Warfare, it gets old dealing with it. And other DnD lovers being in a Guild is just that much bigger a benefit. I hope I can help contribute and look forward to hearing something, even be it in regret! Thanks!
  • Options
    scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    @ dividable

We are most definitely still recruiting! All formalities aside, your first paragraph is identical to my situation. Though many of the members from my community were involved in MMOs, this is the first major, client-based one that I'll be getting into.

I like to say that I'm too young for paper-pencil DnD (which is a lie), but even though my DnD history only dates back to Neverwinter Nights 2, I still profusely love the Forgotten Realms Universe.

Because we're half-split between European and American players, I don't think your time-zone would be an obstacle in your participation in the guild. Furthermore, your military background is going to be in familiar grounds here, many of our members are quite knowledgeable on the subject, and I've done a little time in the Navy myself (yet those members know more about mil stuff than I do...).

I'm inexperienced in MMOs myself, but we have lots of great mentors from LGz who love to help out. Looking forward to having a share of your outgoing attitude and I hope you pick Raven!

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    hellambionhellambion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I definetly look forward to this game!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hellambion wrote: »
    I definetly look forward to this game!

Welcome to the guild Mynio!

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    xprefirexprefire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm ready to try this game out.
    Looking forward to play with you.
    Not much more to say.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xprefire wrote: »
    I'm ready to try this game out.
    Looking forward to play with you.
    Not much more to say.

Haha, there shouldn't be much more to say. Welcome aboard.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    dividabletripoddividabletripod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @ dividable

We are most definitely still recruiting! All formalities aside, your first paragraph is identical to my situation. Though many of the members from my community were involved in MMOs, this is the first major, client-based one that I'll be getting into.

I like to say that I'm too young for paper-pencil DnD (which is a lie), but even though my DnD history only dates back to Neverwinter Nights 2, I still profusely love the Forgotten Realms Universe.

Because we're half-split between European and American players, I don't think your time-zone would be an obstacle in your participation in the guild. Furthermore, your military background is going to be in familiar grounds here, many of our members are quite knowledgeable on the subject, and I've done a little time in the Navy myself (yet those members know more about mil stuff than I do...).

I'm inexperienced in MMOs myself, but we have lots of great mentors from LGz who love to help out. Looking forward to having a share of your outgoing attitude and I hope you pick Raven!

Well, I've actually looked over several already and pondered different ones. If you all were good with it, I'd be happy to sign right up! Do whatcha do, take a vote or however its done. I'm happy to choose Raven! I would have gone with my DMs group, but he is joining up with his "old school" Guild that has survived since WoW Vanilla! I'd aspire to go the distance!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, I've actually looked over several already and pondered different ones. If you all were good with it, I'd be happy to sign right up! Do whatcha do, take a vote or however its done. I'm happy to choose Raven! I would have gone with my DMs group, but he is joining up with his "old school" Guild that has survived since WoW Vanilla! I'd aspire to go the distance!

Welcome to OTR fellow Raven!

Once our officers have in-game characters registered, we will post their character names in the opening thread so you guys can add them and get invited in. Every officer, so far, has steam, so joining the 'LaggyGamerz' group on steam is the best way to stay in contact!

Also note: we will be on the Mindflayer Shard.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    theponzutheponzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Scroll, just wanted to express my interest in joining the Order. Saw your reply in my themed guild thread, and I followed the links. The Order of the Raven sounds like the right fit for me :D Just joined the Steam group, my username there is RedPonzu if anyone wants to add me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." -Samurai proverb
  • Options
    caddie466caddie466 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Edited by Caddie
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    theponzu wrote: »
    Hi Scroll, just wanted to express my interest in joining the Order. Saw your reply in my themed guild thread, and I followed the links. The Order of the Raven sounds like the right fit for me :D Just joined the Steam group, my username there is RedPonzu if anyone wants to add me.

Hey red! I'm so sorry about the late reply, I've been busy with the Guild Shard thread. I'll definitely add you on steam! As we get closer to opening day, be sure to stay updated by visiting our website: http://laggygamerz.com/raven. I'll be posting all important events in the calendar.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If you haven't yet, don't forget to post your info on the Guild Roster Thread. (Requires LGz Account)

http://laggygamerz.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=90

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    vindo1783vindo1783 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there Scroll TrooL. I posted on your roster site in the opening post regarding my interest in joining your community :) In case you see this first, my character's name is Azuria Fallsteel on Mindflayer :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vindo1783 wrote: »
    Hey there Scroll TrooL. I posted on your roster site in the opening post regarding my interest in joining your community :) In case you see this first, my character's name is Azuria Fallsteel on Mindflayer :D

Hey there Azuria/Vindo. I got you on the roster of awesomeness and am looking forward to meeting you on the 27th!

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    yoshiesyoshies Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to the 30th!
  • Options
    anonphoturisanonphoturis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello there are Ravens and all LGz members! The Neverwinter portion of the LGz website is nearing completion. Head on over there for more information about the guild and the LGz community itself. Scroll may be a slave driver, but he's a nice one and can thus have a bump. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Dear Heroes of the North and Guardians,

I'm currently in TeamSpeak, getting ready to launch the guild. Please join me at ts.laggygamerz.com (I'll be in the Neverwinter Channel).

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Finally got around to creating the guild last night.

For now, just grab me on teamspeak or steam if you need an invite.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    hellambionhellambion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Game is up to date, now just waiting for day to end. ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hellambion wrote: »
    Game is up to date, now just waiting for day to end. ^^

I found the quickest download for a fresh client for North American users to be from AtomicGamer Server.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    albinatekla94albinatekla94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Counting down the hours! ^_^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Counting down the hours! ^_^

The Excitement!

To all of my EU/AUS minions, I will be @ work for your awake hours, and may not be able to invite you all in today. If you would like me to come in for a few minutes just to invite you, please contact me thru steam.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    lagotzlagotz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This seems like an awesome guild :3 will apply as soon as the beta opens
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lagotz wrote: »
    This seems like an awesome guild :3 will apply as soon as the beta opens

No applications my friend! Just a heart-warming invite for those who ask ;)

If you have time to spare, you should checkout the guild site and request yourself added to the beta roster (LaggyGamerz account required).

Welcome to the ranks, fellow Raven.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just registered and posted on the beta roster :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just registered and posted on the beta roster :D

Just added you to the roster :)

If you have steam, you should join us in our groupchat.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I sure have c: would be fun to join :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I sure have c: would be fun to join :)

Just look up and join the steamgroup 'LaggyGamerz' and then message Scroll_Tro0L

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty guys, I'm getting off Neverwinter until I'm off work. If you need an invite, there are a couple officers online that have invite permissions. Your best bet would be to join our groupchat on steam, or to get in teamspeak with us.

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png