test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey, I'm looking for a guild.

syraenesyraene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
So I'm looking for a guild that'd suit me best-

I'm the leader of a guild on another D&D MMO called Dungeons and Dragons Online, Shadows of the Dusk. Now, as much as I would like to start another guild on here, I'm still not an experienced guild leader yet, and don't think I'd be able to look after another. So I'm looking for a guild that I can join as a permanent place in Neverwinter.

I'm mostly active in terms of how often I'm online, although there are some days which I can't get on due to reasons such as college performances and coursework. I am never inactive for long though, I always get back on for a nice long session of MMO gaming. So in other words, I don't want to be in a strict guild that's going to kick me if I'm inactive, because I don't like to be, but things come up that can stop me getting on, sometimes, and rarely - because of more serious things that I might never know will happen - for longer than I previously stated.

This next point doesn't matter too much, but I do like a guild with a nice name. Now I'm not talking about having the best name, but at least one that means something. I don't want to be known as a warrior from the Guild 'ILoveTeddies!!'. I would much prefer it to be something that makes me feel like a true warrior, from a strong guild.

I don't have it yet, but by beta weekend four, I will have bought a Guardian of Neverwinter pack. I want you to know that I'm dedicated, I'm not the kind of player who'll level up a couple of times, then never play again.

I've never started an MMO from day 1 before, so I really want to get into an original guild. I want to be part of a guild that, along with the other original guilds, will reach a strong level first. I don't care about the level - if there is one, sorry if there's not, just so used to DDO by now - but it would be a dream to be part of a high ranked guild, that is known by many.

I don't want a guild that would mistreat any member in anyway. I would even like a guild that would treat all of the members as a band of warriors, not a king's subjects. I would like the guild atmosphere to be one that makes me feel as though you are my friends, and that if I need help, I don't have to rely on the internet, I can ask the guild.

I don't normally use a microphone. Reason being is that when I voice chat someone, I tend to get quite nervous. I'm not sure what it is, so don't judge me, but it could be perhaps that I want to make a good impression, or more simply, and more likely, I'm talking to new people, which I don't find easy generally as a person, real life included. Now I wouldn't mind using a mic, but this would mean me being able to fit in, and feel comfortable and confident with it.

I also don't want a guild aimed towards one particular type of people. I don't want it to be aimed at an age group, or at a specific religion, or at a gender. I want it to be for anyone.

I want people who I can rely on to join a party with me if I need help with a quest, or if I just don't want to do a quest on my own, it's more fun with more people. I also don't want to be looked down upon if I don't level as quickly as everyone else, as I said before, I don't get on as much as you may do, and as much as Iid like to get on much more, I can't always. There is quite often a day or two where I'm so full of coursework that I can't get on, or more importantly, I'm too tired, as I have come back from performance rehearsals and have them the whole week, which is then finished with a late night performance meaning I can't get on much at all that week.

I want to be able to go on quests with people from other guilds or people not in guilds. This one is a little vague however, as I have two little sisters,a friend and her son who have all signed up and will start at open beta. So I don't know what they'll be doing, but they might join another guild, or stay guildless. Whichever it is, I want to be able to quest with them. So please no silly rule about only questing with people in your guild.

Phew, look at this long list, I don't want to ramble on too much as I might narrow down the guilds that have all the requirements to none. Well... I'm sure I'll find a nice guild anyway, but I'll stop here. I hope I find the guild right for me, and I want you to be sure that I'm not the kind of person to quit a guild because of various reasons someone might choose to leave, not saying anyone would, but if someone was to ever leave a guild. I would stay loyal until the end, and if, which I truly hope not, the guild fails, well I hope I'll be one of your final members if the guild gets disbanded... ... ... But of course it won't *nervous laugh* just trying to say how loyal I'd be.

And one final thing - I hope you've been able to read all of this - I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre, I like to talk about things that fall under the category, but it doesn't matter if you don't, and I might not even bring anything up, but if you do, then I'd love to join in the conversation. But onto the point, if I do manage to get confident enough to voice chat, I might roleplay, if, and only if, I'm among people who also like to do it, and do it regularly.

Gah... stop rambling. Sorry about that.

So anyone out there who has a guild that I could join that follows at least, most of these points, and hopefully all of the really important ones. ^_^

EDIT: One more point, I would love it, if I could meet up with the guild on beta weekend 4, if I have found one by then. Bye.
Post edited by syraene on

Comments

• sardokussardokus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Syraene, I sent you a pm.
  • rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If you're not opposed to joining a drow-based Guild, consider Menzoberranzan! I think we fit all those criteria. Link is in my Sig. :)

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • nelsonxurnelsonxur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, this is exactly how I few on quite a few things guild related. I feel like you would be a good fit with Allegiant please come check us out.

Allegiant gaming is a multi game community. We currently officially support LoL, Minecraft, Defiance, and now we are officially supporting Neverwinter, and have quite the group coming together. We formed in 2003, and have been heavily involved in end game progression, and competitive groups within shooter. We find ourselves newly setup and concentrated on the community more then the progression and competition. Don't get me wrong these are things we go for, but not at the cost of our lives. If you are interested in being competitive, but staying sane then check us out here www.AllegiantGaming.com
    Check out our community at www.AllegiantGaming.com
  • redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sent you a pm as well. :)
  • syraenesyraene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, thanks for all the offers, I'm having a hard time choosing, and those of you who have sent me a PM, I'll PM you now to discuss the guild. :)
  • salpicsalpic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, how are you? Well you should consider joining Heavenly Guild. We're a fairly new guild in the community looking for members just like you. We are a very united guild and try to keep things as a team. We're a PvP/PvP guild and we support both laid back and competitive members. If you want to know more about it or your interested please visit our website:

www.heavenlyguild.com

Thank you and have a good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • syraenesyraene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everyone, but I finally decided to join 'Knights of the Old Code'. :D
  • jaysdawgjaysdawg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you happen to change you mind. Check us out.

Join Sinister Swarm: We value RESPECT – staying positive, having loads of fun. We are a mature family oriented guild. We keep our Vent & Guild chat at a PG-13 status. No trash talking, no cursing, no disrespecting our members or others in game. We are an Anti-PK, Anti-Grief, Anti-Gank Guild. The SIN tag represents us all! Our play speaks for itself. Website: www.sinisterswarm.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=3066&d=1365396986
    "There is more in the heart of man than money can buy"
    bortak.jpg
    Knight of Sinister Swarm
    Join The Sinister Swarm | Visit Our Website | About Us!
    bortak@sinisterswarm.com
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I run a faith based guild called, Hardcore Christian Gamers. If you are interested I have links in my signature
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Thank you again, but like I said in my long - possibly too long - speech, when I choose a guild, I'll be with them until the end. Sorry about that, you all have wonderful looking guilds and I hope you do well in Neverwinter. :)