test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Officially Unofficial Professions Theory-Crafting Thread

redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay - so we're looking at BW4 and our first real glimpse at professions. Personally, I'm really excited and perhaps a little anxious to see what they've got in store for us. I've been scouring videos, posts, and thread to find any little teensy tiny morsel of info they might have on crafting to no avail yet. But looking at the quest that was in the last beta weekend, the professions NPC mentioned something about hiring people... So I'm wondering if they'll be something like SWToR where your companions craft. But will there be special companions doing it? Or are they considering doing a cross between your standard MMO crafting and a system similar to the Duty Officer system on STO.

So what are your thoughts? Preferences? Etc.
Post edited by redstonedawn on

Comments

• galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Duty Officer system in STO was the only thing i enjoyed in that game, if they bring that in some form to NWO, i fear i may never see the light of day

Tho limiting it to just crafting may not be enough, it would be nice if you could start your own adventuring company and hire adventurers(duty officers) and send them out to do quests and they can use a proper implementation of D&D skills as attributes that you have to mix and match against the quests to be successful and not die or get injured

They could be any class in the D&D spectrum and have a mix of 2-3 abilities on top of the skills to make a limitless pool of diversity since they wont require animations it would be a mini game , they can find crafting materials, money, xp, items even astral diamonds as rewards

TL DR : i want the duty officer system
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't help but get excited about the idea of a system similar to Doff. It's one my favorite mini games system things ever. Lol. In reality, if they did something similar, it probably would award AD just like the Doff system awards dilithium. I do wish that the devs would give us some little kernel of information about the crafting system. XD They've kept it so tightly under wraps, it's crazy.
  • azrokorazrokor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone who has never played STO, could one of you enlighten me on how the Duty Officer system works?

EDIT: NVM, I googled it.

I wouldnt get your hopes up. That seems like a very fleshed out system. My guess is that it will be a basic shell of that type of system with a more detailed revamp to come in the future with an expansion/patch.
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    As I have written in my thread before, I am looking forward to see the use of the foundry mechanics in the professions. If we can freely edit the armours of mobs in dungeons, why not the ones that we create ?
  • redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just thought I'd update - for those who have not seen the BW4 invite:
    There will be five Professions available to satisfy your crafting appetite: Leadership, Tailoring, Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, and Platesmithing. Each profession will have their own set of required assets and rewards!

You will also be able to utilize Gateway, our web portal that lets you continue working on your Professions and managing items on the Auction House from anywhere with internet access! You can also view your character's gear, stats, and guild activity.

So the Gateway thing. Intriguing. Will be cool to see it in-action. My curiosity in regards to leadership is peaked as well. I'd like to know if any of the classes will be able to make weapons and/or buff items. Is that what leadership is meant to do? Curiouser and curiouser.