test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a Casual Hardcore Guild for Launch

argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey there,

Some of you may already know me from the forums. I am looking for a casual hardcore guild for Neverwinter. It will be my primary game and I have a brother that would like to come along as well. We are both active players but prefer to game on our terms rather than be leashed to a second job.

I am 41 and my brother is 54. While a family friendly environment is all right with us, we may occasionally have a language slip. We both have a lot of experience in other MMO's going all the way back to Ultima Online. We also have some history with table top DnD but are not really interested in RP, at least not any serious kind of RP. At this point we just want to play and enjoy the game in a relaxed community that strives, but does not get all uptight about, pretty much everything and anything when it comes to game content.

We are mostly focused on PvE but sometimes I dabble in PvP.

If any of you crossed my path in other games you would know me as:

Ultima Online: Misery / Kilgar, Mage Tower Guild, Baja Server

World of Warcraft: Argantis, Guild Founder of Militis Justica on Stormrage Server, later refounded on Fenris Server

Dungeons and Dragons Online: Nosferata, Explorers of Thelanis, Thelanis Server (Argantis on Lahzaar which later was merged into Gallandra I believe, but only was there until just before update 1)

I have had experience in the past as a guild leader, officer, and raid leader along with running in some pretty good PvP groups. I am happy to help in a limited capacity but am not really seeking any kind of regular commitment beyond contributing to a guild as an active member.

As some of you may know from my forum posts, when it comes to loot I come across a bit different than the traditional viewpoint. Every guild and game has attrition and needs to keep fresh blood coming in, but that rate depends on how I feel about donating my time and efforts to gear others. I don't mind sacrificing some for the greater good, but I don't want to be taken advantage of because of some feel good moral high ground. Obviously if the guild is very large, and has a high rate of turnover then I am not going to be too keen on the whole need before greed roll model. No gear in dungeons is currently bound on acquire, as such anything can go on the AH for Astral Diamonds, in turn that AD can buy my main character whatever it needs, be it gear or mounts, or even converted to Zen on the currency exchange. I realize that this view may not be for everyone and it is why I am throwing it out there up front.

I will be a Great Weapon Fighter with many alts and my brother will be a Devoted Cleric with just as many alts that level more slowly ;) Our play times vary, mine are pretty much anytime in the short term, where his are a more traditional night time and weekend player. We are both EST. We also are both HotN Founders and will have early access, however it is not a big deal to us if a majority of the guild is not HotN or GoN Founders.
Post edited by argantis on

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well as you may know I run a Hardcore Christian Gamers a family friendly Christian based guild, but as I know it is not everyone's mug of ale, I would recommend The Guild of Icewind Dale, Black Hearts, and Tyr's Paladium
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Death, love hearing you on Andre's podcast BTW :) I'll check them out.