test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class abilities...

lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I can't help but notice a lot of abilities in this game came from MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) styled games. Like Dota, League of legends. (not going to say hon because most of there skills came from Dota), or am I just high off of my ***?
:mad:
sxEasVM.jpg
Post edited by lmfaocookies on

Comments

• silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The abilities in this game come from Dungeons and Dragons. To some extent, the abilities, ideas and mechanics in all other RPGs and MMORPGS come at least in part from Dungeons and Dragons. The very ideas (in the context of gaming) of race, class, level, progressive hit points and random damage have their origin in Dungeons and Dragons (and it's miniature game predecessor Chain Mail which is arguably just the first draft of D&D).

The origins of Dungeons and Dragons stretch back to a convergence of strategic historical miniature games with fantasy literature, mythology, and good old fashioned let's pretend "cowboys and indians" type gameplay indulged in by children everywhere.
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't help but notice a lot of abilities in this game came from MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) styled games. Like Dota, League of legends. (not going to say hon because most of there skills came from Dota), or am I just high off of my ***?

& lot of the abilities and mechanics of MOBAs came from Pong:
    One hero per player.
    Player vs Player combat or Player vs AI.
    Defending a goal while simultaneously attacking the enemy's goal.
    Multiple abilities.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.