test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello there.

iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Greetings folks.

I actually just read about this game for the first time yesterday and was lucky enough to hop into the beta for an hour or so and have a look around. I must say it seems quite polished at this point, more so than I would have expected.

I played D&D 1st Edition when I was about 10 or so. When I was in my early teens, a friend of mine introduced me to AD&D 2nd Ed. and I absolutely loved it. I only really played with my two brothers and a few friends, so I'm sure our ruleset was probably a lot more lax than is typical, but it was a ton of fun. We'd spend hours playing through various quests, envisioning the scenery as described by the DM (or whomever wrote the quest), developing unique characters that were true to their alignments and unique backgrounds. The goal wasn't to level, it was to play.

Fast forward about 15 years and I started into the world of fantasy MMORPGs. WoW sated my appetite off and on for a good 5 or 6 years, but the speed of turn-based mechanics in a video game paired with the constant grind to reach end-game, to get better gear, in order to grind, in order to get better gear, etc. just became exhausting. I played through betas and early launches for WAR, LotRO, SWtOR, and TERA. Each game has some amazingly unique mechanics, but they all ultimately come back to the ultimate goal of reaching the end-game grind.

Then I came across this game. I really enjoyed playing it yesterday, but at the same time, I found it amazingly easy to put down... which is awesome. For the first time in an online game, I don't get sucked into the idea that I have to be spending every hour of my day grinding something in order to reach some arbitrary goal. The goal is completely user-defined. The goal, once again, is to play. I can't tell you how refreshing that feels (and I likely don't have to tell you).

When the game is released, I actually see myself spending most of my time writing and developing in the Foundry, though I have a bit of catching up to to lore-wise.

So that's a bit about me. I look forward to playing with other like-minded folks and cannot wait for this game to be released. Safe travels and happy hunting!

~Iazoo
Post edited by iazoo on

Comments

• Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome Iazoo.

I am glad you got to experience beta this last weekend. It looks like you've done the circuit of MMORPG's that I have. I played each to the end-game grind and raided in all but WAR. This game was so refreshingly different in terms of play and atmosphere I was stunned. I really enjoyed the Foundry and experiencing what other people imagined.

I look forward to seeing your Missions in the Foundry and playing through them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the welcome :) I am currently reading up on all the lore I have missed over the years so my missions can be more relevant and immersive. Can't wait. :)
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey dude, I havent felt the best today so I havent really got to a ton of important stuff like greeting people

I recommend reading the Neverwinter Extended FAQ if you havent already.
    The Directory of the Founder Guilds of Neverwinter can help with guild shopping.

Also I run a Christian guild for those interested. If youd like to check us out and join I have links in my signature.

I hope to see you round the forums
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hail and well met brave adventurer and welcome to the Neverwinter forum!

If in your journey you seek a guild to aid you on your way, then might I suggest you make your way to the that notice board over there and look at the Directory of the Founder Guilds of Neverwinter as I'm sure you will find something that will take your fancy as DeathsSickle has so rightly pointed out. All the best.

Regards,

Gov