test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paragon Very Disappointing

manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
edited March 2013 in The Library
I leveled my control wizard to level 32 and I am loving it! Having a great time playing and I am very pleased with my character. The only thing that made me sad was the Paragon Spellstorm... Nothing about this Paragon choice did anything useful for my character. All the moves from it will never be added to my bars and really dont help me in anyway. The at-will ability does terrible damage I cant seem to find a use for it at all. The later abilities look like they will also be no use to me sadly...The Paragon was quite a disappointment. I would really love to see a Paragon that goes along with the Oppressor Feat points. Somthing that will make my cold spells better and assist me with my cc.

This is my only complaint with the Control Wizard so far. I think the Spellstorm Paragon is very "unexciting" and I hope they let me switch from it in the next betas to something better that fits my character more appropriately...

Let me know if anyone found some good uses for abilities from this Paragon, I would be very interested in that.
Post edited by manduchess on

Comments

• kalkuskalkus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the at will is good if you dont have good aoe slotted in your encounter slots the sudden storm is useful as damage and with chill spike in your tab slot you can 2 shot packs of low hp mobs fast
    Sincerely a lvl 45 wizard
  • chrysooochrysooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    7.5s is a high cooldown o0?

sudden storm is probably the best encounterability we have right after our darth vader move
  • darktalon81darktalon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chrysooo wrote: »
    7.5s is a high cooldown o0?

sudden storm is probably the best encounterability we have right after our darth vader move

compared to our other encounter abilities with similar affects, it sure is! Ice Spike (tabbed) is FAR more useful at devastating range and shorter cooldown.
  • witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    I didn't feel like I had enough of the powers to decide exactly how well the paragon path played. The At Will was useful as stated above with Ice Spike Mastered followed by the At Will. I used an Arcane Build this play and I found at my level I didn't really care about the Paragon portion. Storm Surge passive was kinda neat but when i'm at half health I use a pot...so. Again without having all of the Paragon Powers to play with I don't know what to think about it yet.
  • darktalon81darktalon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    witchzero wrote: »
    I didn't feel like I had enough of the powers to decide exactly how well the paragon path played. The At Will was useful as stated above with Ice Spike Mastered followed by the At Will. I used an Arcane Build this play and I found at my level I didn't really care about the Paragon portion. Storm Surge passive was kinda neat but when i'm at half health I use a pot...so. Again without having all of the Paragon Powers to play with I don't know what to think about it yet.

The level 42 class passive Storm Fury(I think?) was very enjoyable! It is the one that strikes 10% of all your attacks. It adds a significant portion to dps and it was very noticeable in pack clears and heavier mob take downs.