test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Release Date at PAX?

jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was really hoping that NW while at PAX would give us a release date.

/sad cleric
ps this 15 minute logout is quite short!
Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
Post edited by jetah on

Comments

• dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Patience Iago, patience. :)
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    I was really hoping that NW while at PAX would give us a release date.

/sad cleric
    ps this 15 minute logout is quite short!

Been playing MMO's since UO and before that muds.

Have done the UO Alpha,Eq Alpha,betas,daoc Alpha,betas,EQ2 Alpha betas,wow betas,Galaxies Alpha,Aoc betas,DDO Alpha,betas,LOTR betas,VG Alpha,Betas,Swtor betas,TSW betas,Aion betas,STO betas,PS2 Alpha,betas,Rift Alpha,betas,Defiance Alpha.

I would Rather then not rush this, get all there systems in they need for launch, content, bug fixes, foundry fully working, pvp, crafting, classes they want for launch etc, Optmizations,polish then rush this.

They need atleast 1-2 more beta's in my view, get crafting in, more quests, content, pvp, and testing done.
    They also then need stress test then open beta, headstart plans.

MMO's nowadays if they launch to early for FTP MMO it can be disaster they never recover from, this is not a Hybrid Sub,Cash shop MMO like the SOE games etc, so if they launch to early they make everyone angry cause Servers arent ready,IT devs for content stuff etc,also Support etc it could crash and burn and all the good reviews they would earn from the game sites, and word of mouth would go to hell game would be doomed See Vanguard, did the Alpha for it they launched 9 monthes to early had 2 classes not in, 1 Content with only level 1-20 stuff it was mess, tons of bugs, systems not done etc.
  • o7deadlysinso7deadlysins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    You an many others, gotta just wait now.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Does that mean we will get a release date before PAX is over?!?!?!
    Please I hope so... I would love to have an idea of what is going on and if there will be any more beta weekends...
    My hope is that Cryptic will have a closed beta thats 2-3 weeks long. (not weekends but an actual full length beta)
    fix everything and then launch when its ready.
    26.jpg
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    We don't even have a date yet for open beta. I wouldn't hold my breath for a release date.
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how about point me to any info from Pax....on crafting, etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    We don't even have a date yet for open beta. I wouldn't hold my breath for a release date.

I dont see the point of having an Open beta when it's Free to download and free to play. This Beta 3 hundreds of thousands of keys were given away free. Beta 3 is my opinion of an open Beta.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • domino418domino418 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

I hope this means that we are in for a positive surprise on the last day of Pax....(oh please)...
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    was there any news at PAX as it relates to Neverwinter??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's rare people announce release dates at things like PAX. That's because PAX itself generates PR, while a release date can come along just a week later and create a whole new round of PR.

I also think they want to take a deep look at the Week 3 data to see where they are at with things. I imagine we'll get some kind of announcement about an open beta in about 2 weeks.

My guess is we're looking at a mid-May release.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • jkap92jkap92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In terms of polish I think the game is in a really good spot. I only ran into 1 or 2 bugs this weekend and played for probably 20 hours or so which is pretty **** good for a beta. I feel like the bigger issue is just content. The game desperately needs more classes in my opinion and I think thats probably whats going to cause a bit of a delay for launch.
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    glithanes wrote: »

I would Rather then not rush this, get all there systems in they need for launch, content, bug fixes, foundry fully working, pvp, crafting, classes they want for launch etc, Optmizations,polish then rush this.

Glithanes,

you mentioned a bunch of games that you have beta or alpha tested in, (we were probably in a lot of those together,) I'm going to assume that you also played the retail release of many of them.

My thoughts are that as far as 'polish' goes, the NeverWinter Online beta, is head and shoulders above many on that list 'polish wise' even if you were to compare it to the 'retail' release of many (perhaps even most,) of the games you mentioned. (excepting the few that haven't been released yet.. i.e. Defiance.)

Bottom line, we all know that MMO's are held to 'just a little bit' different standard as far as 'when to release', seeing as how they have an often times larger up front financial cost to develop, and are counting on continuing income from regular sales (often in the form of subscriptions or micro transactions,) to finance further development on the game.

Taking all that into consideration, I REALLY would put this game right up with the best of them, and as long as their servers didn't crash and burn on a release, the 'game play' and polish that is already there - is well withen acceptable 'release candidate' levels.

with the exeption of perhaps 'crafting' which I didn't try at all, but which could easily go on a 'coming soon' list of things scheduled for 'shortly after release'.

with the Foundry missions that I saw in game, I say 'rush it', it looked done enough to me, then let the users provide additional content.

anyway - that's probably a bit of me just really really wanting to get back in and play some more.

but, ya, I really have played many of the same games that you listed, and played retail of most of them.. been in the launch of quite a few, and I have to say, this here game could play ball with any of em and come out looking pretty darn good as far as being 'retail worthy' goes.

That's my 2 cents.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Some of the nicer screens I was able to get can be seen here.

Had a great time seeing you all in game! Can't wait to see you all back in game at launch! Until then- be excellent, Adventurers!!

Lead GM for Neverwinter
    @Effreet in game

No mention of open beta.
  • levantinelevantine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I dont see the point of having an Open beta when it's Free to download and free to play. This Beta 3 hundreds of thousands of keys were given away free. Beta 3 is my opinion of an open Beta.

The point of a beta, even if its gonna be F2P is to find the most bugs as possible and correct them. It's also a nice way to stress their servers to the ammount of players they gonna have. There's many others reasons like those two. And not everyone can play on weekends you know, some work.
    maelth10.jpg
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With the 'Soft Launch' at the end of April, now I wonder more than ever why this wasn't announced at PAX... it kind of seems like a missed opportunity to me. Unless perhaps they didn't WANT massive amounts of people to hop on the servers right out of the gate... that is a real possibility.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]