test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can't see my friend? Help!

damoslayerzdamoslayerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am on neverwinter with my friend we are both lvl 5 but we can't see eachother if we go to the same place? he sent me a friend request but i don't see anything? i look up his name and nothing comes up? we are both on the dragon realm.
Post edited by damoslayerz on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here are a couple of things that may help you, if you haven't already figured it out before now, as this reply is quite late. :(

The reason you can't see your friend while you're in the same place, is most likely because you are in different instance maps, or layers. On the top-right corner of your radar, you see a blue diamond. If you press alt, then mouse-over the blue diamond, it will tell you which instance you are on. To transfer instances, click on the blue diamond, and it will show you a list of instances available for you to transfer to. If the instance your friend or party member is on is available, meaning not already full, their instance will be at the top. Select the instance and click transfer. Instances that are already full will not show up on the list, so you have to keep trying, or you can both move to an instance that has room for you.

As for adding friends, it can be a little tricky. Best way is to first find your friend, when they are also online with you. Press O to open your social panel, and go to the "Find Person" tab. Type in their @handle in the search box at the top, and click "Search." To find your @handle, right-click on your character portrait in the top-left corner of your screen, it will show your character's name@handle. When you see their character's name@handle show up on the list, right-click it, and choose "Add friend."

I'm sorry this is late, i hope you've been able to enjoy beta.
  • ume17ume17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, that was my question too! Perfect.
  • bluebugzbluebugz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried everything but I'm still having the same problem 'til now. Even when I try the "Find Person" I couldn't find my friend.
    But the funny thing is that when i try the "Add friend" it works. So right now I can only chat with him at the moment.