test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exceptional Fighter is not so exceptional with health!

nehjjhennehjjhen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I went into a dungeon this morning and the mobs in there were 1 level below me. I was having to pop heath potions left and right because there is no damage reducing buff or block so you end up taking a crapload of damage and then when you attempt to use any of your lifesteal ability's you get so little back from it and the cooldown is so long that you end up popping more health potions anyways... This needs to change or people will get upset and not want to play this class. Either the cooldown needs to be faster or the amount of health you get back needs to be increased.
Post edited by nehjjhen on

Comments

• beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    You should be killing the normal mobs so quick, they don't have much time to damage you. The stronger ones telegraph their attacks, just spring out of the way or sidestep to avoid. DO NOT spam/hold down your attack buttons, all that will do is root you. Attack, move, attack, move. etc. It's all about timing and strategy.

Also, just keep leveling. Around level 16 you get to pick a companion, if health is an issue with you, get the Cleric companion. I haven't had to use any potions ever since I got her.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is not reason for you to be taking so much damage as a GWP.. You have 2 ways to move around.. One is the sprint ability and the charge ability.. I think this class has the best combat movement of any of the others.. If you run out of sprint you still have 2 charge left....
  • nehjjhennehjjhen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm still having an issue with health. Im not spamming my hits and I'm rolling out of the way constantly. I still end up taking a huge beating as if wasn't wearing more than paper for armor. And I am still downing heath potions left and right. I will be getting the cleric companion and hopefully that will help.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nehjjhen wrote: »
    I'm still having an issue with health. Im not spamming my hits and I'm rolling out of the way constantly. I still end up taking a huge beating as if wasn't wearing more than paper for armor. And I am still downing heath potions left and right. I will be getting the cleric companion and hopefully that will help.

I ran into this also with the GWP at around 11. I was blowing through a ton of potions. Glad i dont need cash to buy anything lol or i would be SOL. lol
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Omg lvl 20 now and i blow through pots so fast..... I just started getting the 2k pots whice was needed back at lvl 15... I ran out of pots at around lvl 15 main because LFG put me into a dungeon with out a healer so all my pots was gone half way through the dungeon.... from 16-20 mobs get harder.. you start to get a few mobs at a time that has alot of health and do alot of damage.... It got to the point where when i hit lvl 20 i didn't have enough gold to buy my mount because I was broke.... All money spent on pots...

The Cleric companion is a must with this class but it really won't help much till the companion is higher lvl...