test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF - Roar

amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Though technically the sound for this ability fits the name, it also has the downside of not really fitting certain types of characters. All I could think of when I used it on my female character was: "What a lovely singing voice you must have". :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I thought the samething for my Drow GWF. Then again you get more abilities than you can slot so I may just not use that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, in the long run Roar will be a power I wont be taking. Maybe they can swap out that power and put Reaver back in. Reaver looked really cool. I was SO looking forward to trying that attack out. And it's nowhere to be found. Still trying to figure that one out...
  • venomdemmevenomdemme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    I hate to say it but I am really disappointed with the GWF.
  • azrusazrus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why? In my experience the GWF is completely unmatched in AoE DPS. I haven't had any difficulty soloing with the GWF and with my damage, feel like I contribute pretty strongly to groups. I even have a few solid CCs to help lend support. I'm not sure what there is to be disappointed with.

As for Roar, it's a skill I use a lot. The interrupt on it is great. I use Roar and the dash skill to keep myself from taking damage while fighting tougher mobs. Roar also buys plenty of time to charge up your AoE. We've got our knockdown as well for CC, but considering it is limited to melee range, roar is a little more versatile. Roar can also interrupt multiple mobs. Overall I'm really happy with it. Also, launching mobs into traps with Roar never really gets old.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fus ro dah.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • drgonsavaandrgonsavaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like Roar. Works well if used right.
  • deadarmoured87deadarmoured87 Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    I don't like roar, just because it seems silly to me. Nothing functionally wrong with it, just the idea is kindof a magical attack for a physical character.
    If it reduced their confidence-ok
    If it made me or allies stronger-ok
    if it temporarily stunned enemies-ok
    blows enemies away through the air-odd
  • dddeemmdddeemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    Zhang Fei up in here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPrFwd4aQXA

The yell pushes back enemies because they hop back violently trying to not be on your way.
  • pmikelllpmikelll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    Ya, I don't particularly like the sound for a him either.