test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Script Error on clicking on the console

dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It says:

An Error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 1

Char: 1

Error Invalid character

Code 0

URL: http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/js/jquery.1.4.4.js

I'm trying to get it working on my friend's computer and he gets like seven of these errors. Any idea on what to do?
Post edited by dboss777 on

Comments

• Options
    dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if it's even relevant but he downloaded Java and nothing changed.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bump for a friend
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Another bump!
  • Options
    whypppiwhypppi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem
  • Options
    majgamermajgamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am also having this issue, and I have posted in multiple locations, and as of yet I have gotten no response, has anyone found a solution? I'm going to email the customer support, and see if they'll help then.
  • Options
    majgamermajgamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good news! I got a response!
    "Greetings Player,

The game's launcher is connected to Internet Explorer.

Make sure your Internet Explorer is updated to the latest stable version.

You can try deleting the cookies and caches in Internet Explorer and your default web browser. Make sure cookies are enabled as well.

Please make sure that you have Javascript enabled and Flash installed/enabled in your web browser too. If you have any plugins or AdBlock/No Script-like programs running, you can try disabling those.

Please try adding the website and forum URLs to your firewall and antivirus exception lists if you think something is being blocked.

Please try the following and see if they help resolve your issue as well.

In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.
    Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team"