test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for players who bought hero of the north pack!!!

theholocaust17theholocaust17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, im trying to get into this game I been researching info about the game and every class and my question is hero of the north really worth the price ???, me, my girl and cousin we are debating if we are going to buy it, in total is 600$

we are hardcore players and every mmo we into it we are the best of the best on the server no matter what, we getting tired of dcuo, raiderz and gw2 so our main focus is going to be this game till ff14 come back...

So is really worth it or is just to show off my giant spider lol, and what about the race I cant find no info about it....

Thanks for your help
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got mine because of the exclusive bonuses and the 2,000,000 Astral Diamonds
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    It's worth it to me, as I do love mounts and pets. Other stuff like the random items and such are a bonus, but I'm not all that excited about it. Diamonds, whatever. But the main thing is htat I can give them a bit of money to show my support and to help this game succeed. :)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    The diamonds are without a doubt a big selling point. Arguably more so than the Drow or Spider Mount.
    Two Million Astral Diamonds is 83 days worth of Refined Astral Diamonds.

The other thing to note is a lot of permanent account unlocks. VIP Login Access is nice but there's a few items which can be gained once per account forever such as the start-up gear.

Look at the rest of the pack details. There is a lot offered beyond the two main seeling points they advertised. The other features may not be as cool as the Spider or Menzo-Renegade drow but to me they are the true power in the pack.
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    The diamonds are without a doubt a big selling point. Arguably more so than the Drow or Spider Mount.
    Two Million Astral Diamonds is 83 days worth of Refined Astral Diamonds.

The other thing to note is a lot of permanent account unlocks. VIP Login Access is nice but there's a few items which can be gained once per account forever such as the start-up gear.

Look at the rest of the pack details. There is a lot offered beyond the two main seeling points they advertised. The other features may not be as cool as the Spider or Menzo-Renegade drow but to me they are the true power in the pack.

You do say that 2mil Diamonds is 83 days worth of RADs but, front the last betas I could not make more than 8k in 1 day. Is the rewards increasing with levels, or did I miss something?
  • theholocaust17theholocaust17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    Thank you all for answering my last question is that true they going to release the Spider and Drow later for public ???
  • digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    Regular drow, yes. The specific one we get with it? No.
    Other spiders, yes. The one we get with it? No.
  • realellandessrealellandess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    hopeless2 wrote: »
    You do say that 2mil Diamonds is 83 days worth of RADs but, front the last betas I could not make more than 8k in 1 day. Is the rewards increasing with levels, or did I miss something?

8k unrefined astral diamonds or 8k refined diamonds? There is a limit in the number you can refine once per day.
    Computer: Black, pretty lights || Overclock: Photo of kids. || Memory: Not what it used to be. || Storage: Garage and shed. || Video: No, moved to DVD. || Windows: 100% glass.
    Never understood why people put specs in a signature...
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    8k unrefined astral diamonds or 8k refined diamonds? There is a limit in the number you can refine once per day.

Certainly didn't hit anywhere near the refine limit a day :p

Astral Diamonds just wasn't being granted fast enough last beta (BW2). By level 20 my chars had made ONLY between 3K to 5K refined AD each.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Diamonds are worth about $80 if you figure that if someone sells their diamonds on the market for zen at 250 diamonds per zen (middle). If sold for 500 diamonds per zen then it is worth $40. If sold for 50 diamonds per zen then it is worth about $400.

Diamonds can be worth lots but so can companions and mounts.

If you plan on playing the game for a year or more and plan on having lots of alts then the pack is worth lots.

1 mount per character for each and every character you ever make = $40.

1 companion for each and every character you ever make, you get 5 character slots, so it is worth $150.

You can buy additional character slots I think for $5 and you get two slots. Each additional slot is worth $30 for the companion you get.

If you don't plan on playing long or don't plan on making alts, I still think the game is worth the money. The game value really shines when you have lots of character IMO.