test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farmers

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really think we will have farmers in this game.

I can see the zone chat now "goldz.com buy lots of goldz".

Gold is gonna be hard to get. I think the only way you can get gold/silver/copper is by picking up from mob drops or selling items to a npc.

Can see all the chinese bots (or whoever) farming a area for money.
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    I really think we will have farmers in this game.

I can see the zone chat now "goldz.com buy lots of goldz".

Gold is gonna be hard to get. I think the only way you can get gold/silver/copper is by picking up from mob drops or selling items to a npc.

Can see all the chinese bots (or whoever) farming a area for money.

Doesn't that happen in every game?
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Every game has them, /ignore will hopefully be available to get rid of them quickly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am not completely knowledgeable of their marketing scheme, but are zen exchangeable with gold? (Astral diamonds)?

If so, economy will balance out.
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why would they bother? What can you buy with gold?

You can already buy what you want in the cash shop there is no profit for them to make.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well, we don't know what all you can buy with gold. There might be high lvl merchants that sell epic rare items for gold that we have not seen yet.

I bet there will be some high lvl stuff for gold. What else would we need gold for?
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    arnathos wrote: »
    Every game has them, /ignore will hopefully be available to get rid of them quickly

/ignore
    and
    /report as spam
    will defianately be available, they are tied to the cryptic chat system, which is across every Cryptic game, and tied to your account.

Example: SpammerX@tfvygbuhnij gets /reported as spam by you, which means you automatically /ignored him and he gets a "Spammer flag". if he gets enough "Spammer flags" on his account he gets a 24 hour chat ban on it.
    Which bans that Account from chatting/spamming in NW, CO and STO.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I spoke at length to every vendor I could find, didn't really see much in the way of gold vendors. The few that I found sold things one really didn't need imo. I am more interested in AD/coins/zen which seems to be the bulk of what an adventurer really needs. STO CO hasn't had farmers in those games for a very long time and there's a clear reason for that, people don't need them. The way they do their economy is brilliant.

I think gold will be there for some minor things and mostly for the ability to buy items from the auction house, but then again most loot won't be available from the AH :D which is why I think this is brilliant. If they follow suit like they do with STO many of the items you find in the AH will have better counterparts in crafting or via the guild gear end game so really there won't be a need to buy gold from these farmers and even if we see a few at the launch of this game (like we do in every game) they'll soon learn people won't really be buying from them because we get plenty in game.
  • umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First thing I do at the start of a game is make a guild/party/whisper chat tab and switch to that... problem solved (unless the bots can whisper you at level 1 then I might just have to ignore those).

I started this whilst running around The Barrens and have never turned back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its the best thing about having cash shops for things like mounts instead of having people grind gold or pay famers to get them.
  • dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If PWE/Cryptic were smart they wont add anything useful for gold. As it stands right now. Gold is only used for potions and kits. As long as there is not a market for gold sellers. They wont be a problem. The other side of this is. It makes it harder for free to play players to acquire gear.

TLDR: As long as Gold is useless there wont be any gold spammer problems.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think gold will be there for some minor things and mostly for the ability to buy items from the auction house, but then again most loot won't be available from the AH :D which is why I think this is brilliant. If they follow suit like they do with STO many of the items you find in the AH will have better counterparts in crafting or via the guild gear end game so really there won't be a need to buy gold from these farmers and even if we see a few at the launch of this game (like we do in every game) they'll soon learn people won't really be buying from them because we get plenty in game.

The premise of your argument is sound but the AH operates in Astral Diamonds.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Gold is good for buying kits, potions, and ID scrolls... Oh wait.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I seriously doubt there will be gold farmers. Gold seems to be just for potions and basic items like basic equipment, potions, basic mounts, and basic companions. Zen, Astral Diamonds, and untradeable currencies seems to be where most of the good items in Neverwinter are. So if gold farmers come to Neverwinter, they will see there is no business and move on to something else.
  • nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Gold will be a non-issue. AD farmers perhaps .... although everyone (hopefully) knows that if you buy currency they just hack you and take it back +

Easiest way to stop them is to boycott (and use your brain lol)
  • khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    /ignore
    and
    /report as spam
    will defianately be available, they are tied to the cryptic chat system, which is across every Cryptic game, and tied to your account.

Example: SpammerX@tfvygbuhnij gets /reported as spam by you, which means you automatically /ignored him and he gets a "Spammer flag". if he gets enough "Spammer flags" on his account he gets a 24 hour chat ban on it.
    Which bans that Account from chatting/spamming in NW, CO and STO.

Do what she said, and they will not fill your mail or chat box
  • savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NOT ALL FARMERS ARE BAD !!

Sorry for the caps... but I am a legit farmer...
    As "THE" household gaming guru.. I have everyone in my house AND NEIGHBORHOOD begging me for ingame help. So when im farming.. its usually to help out the siblings or kids...

"sad but true" - hetfield
    :P
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This game will not attract gold farmers, at least not the higher profile ones.
    -it's not a difficult game coin or level wise, thus almost no demand for an easy button.
    -too hard to bot without tab targeting let alone mouse over targeting.

Those are the main reasons. I'm sure we will see a few random sellers, those will be the folks who are looking for a refund.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    savadious wrote: »
    NOT ALL FARMERS ARE BAD !!

Sorry for the caps... but I am a legit farmer...
    As "THE" household gaming guru.. I have everyone in my house AND NEIGHBORHOOD begging me for ingame help. So when im farming.. its usually to help out the siblings or kids...

"sad but true" - hetfield

Lol they aren't talking about your kind of farmer. Thread is about sweatshop farmers from CN or wherever. They typically end up in every single game that there is real money trading (RMT)

Good point about bots Mogwai. Certainly will be harder to deal with the rectile :p
  • zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't doubt there'll be many Foundry missions created exclusively to facilitate farming: both the legal-and-boring kind for regular players and the exploity kind for RMT-ers.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well the thing is ... from what I could tell, foundry missions didn't have extra chests or 'crafting nodes' like all the premade stuff has.

The end reward scales to average time to complete by all people (source from a Cryptic Foundry interview)
  • tizonetizone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can buy entchanted keys with gold trough the chat,gear too. So it seems gold has still some value.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tizone wrote: »
    You can buy entchanted keys with gold trough the chat,gear too. So it seems gold has still some value.

Hey look its that rare Necro class I've been hearing about.
  • tizonetizone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dont know what you mean by that, could you please explain. Sorry im new to this game :)
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    He's refering to bringing a dead thread back from the grave lol. It happens from time to time though.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krubar wrote: »

I bet there will be some high lvl stuff for gold. What else would we need gold for?

Don't go to vegas !
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Closed for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.