test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Divine Flame Cleric

l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Temple
"Divine Flame Cleric" = 'Virtuous Paragon' path, and all the fire based damage skills lead to a build, but there still lacks the feel (in the feat tree especially) that its a dev-planned option.

A few of these spells even have a heal/debuff component which still adds that class component in.

Sacred Flame (adds temp HP) 57

Brand of Sun (adds debuff) ?

Forgemaster's (debuff + heals with Divinity) 44

Daunting Light (best AoE around, takes a lot of skill though ;) or use a Divinity pip) 41

Sunburst (heals, +CC with Divinity) 24

Searing Light (difficult to maximize its effectiveness with the current targeting system) 31

Chains of Light (more CC than anything, but decent AoE damage) 37

Flamestrike of course :)38

*Added the last level it ranks up to the above list /L60

So I really hope they make all spells scale to level, so some of these options are not 'out-leveled'

Base skill damage is a very large part of damage scaling for any class.

Also hope they add some feats that play to this build/strength. Potentially allowing 'specialization' into some spells. I love how Divinity adds another facet to the spells and playstyle.

Most folks have realized that this Cleric template is not a pure healer anyways, so this is a petition to allow us a tuned dps build :)

Please sign/vote if you like!
Post edited by l1zardo1 on

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    It seems like this is already so close to the devoted cleric build, and that the option to enhance your flamestrike is already present within it, that I'm not really seeing any reason to make another class out of it.

Oh, I should add that my build is already very similar. I posted it in another thread in the cleric forums where people were showing builds.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its not adding a class, its (sort of) one of the 3 paths for Devoted Cleric. (Virtuous)

Problem is, there seems to not be a focus on any of that within the feats. Also the Paragon path adds very little to the build. Mostly buffing daily powers and other very situation things.

Some of the utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> feats could be changed to ones that compliment this build. (one feat off the top of my head is the Power->Crit) Lets say you have 1000 power (not likely), 5 feats gives you 1%, so 10 Crit rating. You need ~110 to gain a % ...

Dunno, I guess I felt like I was forcing the build with no feats to specialize in Fire/Light based spells, and very few to match that playstyle.

Virtuous Feat Tree:

Healing Action (1/2/3% more AP from Heal Spells)

Holy Resolve (Temp HP when falling below 30% HP)

Initiate of Faith * Mentioned in above paragraph

Cleanse (Heals have 10/20/30% chance to remove a debuff)

That look like a dps line of feats lol? Or anything Fire/Light damage based ...

Props to Falchion's writeup on Clerics, straight copy here:

Virtuous Paragon Feats (Damage):

Desperate Renewal: Tier 1. Increase the healing of Soothing Light (Divinity channeled heal) by 5/10/15/20/25% when your target is below 25% health. I am unsure as to the usefulness of this feat since players generally pop potions when their health gets this low.

Rising Hope: Tier 1. Divinity empowered encounter powers have a chance to buff 15% Power and Recovery for 30/60/90/120/150 seconds. While the proc chance isn't listed, it's not difficult to keep the buff active so long as you use Divinity empowered encounter powers often.

Power of the Sun: Tier 2. Brand of the Sun lowers target damage output and crit chance by 1/2/3/4/5%. Gives a purpose to use Brand of the Sun while teamed beyond extra dps.

Second Sight: Tier 2. 2/4/6/8/10% of the damage when Prophecy of Doom ends heals you and nearby allies. Since Prophecy of Doom his for ~1400, 5 points for a ~140 point AoE heal when players have ~11k health every 20ish seconds is not points well spent.

Nimbus of Light: Tier 3. Daunting Light also reduces target defense by 2/4/6/8/10% for 5 seconds. Turns your best AoE nuke into a debuff as well.

Focused Poise: Tier 3. Lance of Faith deals 1/2/3/4/5% more damage on non-crits. Personally I don't see Lance of Faith being used often so this feat looks bad to me.

Disciple of Divine Lore: Tier 4. When the Healer's Lore passive is active you have a chance to get a 2/4/6/8/10% damage buff for 8 seconds. Depending on the chance to proc, and exactly how it's procced (since Healer's Lore is a passive) this feat could be good or bad.

Strength of the Gods: Tier 4. You and allies affected by Guardian of Faith or Divine Armor take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage and deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds. Maybe in a Prophecy of Doom build for rapid AP recovery this could be a good feat. Unsure whether the buff would overcome the benefit of Hallowed Ground.

Cycle of Change: Tier 5. Every crit heal gives a 2% bonus damage to encounter powers which stacks up to a total of 10%. Using an encounter power resets the stacks. This feat looks marginally useful, though a bit weak for a level 60 top tier feat.

^These do match reasonably well to the Encounter skills a dps build would use.

Although Sunburst and Sacred Flame are enhanced via the Faithful Paragon line.

Can you can pick and choose these from all 3 paths as well? I never did hit max level, too many RL things going on.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    (one feat off the top of my head is the Power->Crit) Lets say you have 1000 power (not likely),

You must be playing a different game than me. What level did you get to? 1000 power is not hard to achieve.

As an aside the payoff for maxing your crit chance is numerically much superior than the payoff for maxing your power, but it's relatively easy to invest in both with your gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Was just an example of how 5 feat points can = .1% crit in the dps line. Scaling is horrible for power too, so I didn't gear for it as much.

Comparatively, there is a 1/2/3% crit feat in Righteous lol.

and yes, I do know you can cherry pick from all 3, but the top is very lack lustre
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Was just an example of how 5 feat points can = .1% crit in the dps line. Scaling is horrible for power too, so I didn't gear for it as much.

You read it wrong. It's 1% of your power at 5 ranks. That's a big deal if you have 1k+ power, which is very achievable. But yes, scaling is horrible for power, which is why I advocate crit based builds.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    1% of 1000 power = 10 critical rating

~110 critical rating = 1% increase chance to critical hit
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    After going through some builds, I suppose there are enough good feats to avoid the poor ones.

All that aside, my edit to the original topic is a very huge scaling problem and also removes viability of 2 early spells, one mid, and two higher level spells. All damage too :(