test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Minimum Wisdom Cleric - Keeping up with Changing Times for Healers

124»

Comments

• sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yult - You can preview some of these skill trees at the two wikis for NW.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
    http://nwowiki.co/
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    yult wrote: »
    I have a request, wasn't sure exactly where to put it but this is a healthy thread that is quite helpful so what the heck.

I'm wondering if someone can make a thread to compile different cleric builds and hopefully some information about how they work, pros and cons, what kind of gear/stats/feats/powers to take, etc. As someone who hasn't had access to any of the betas, I'm kind of in the dark about all this stuff despite reading through most of these threads about cleric builds, and I am certainly not qualified to start the thread myself.

I know there is this build, the recovery/crit build. There is also a power/crit build that seems to have some followers. I guess I just want more information about the different options, but I suppose it will be hard to make sense of any of it until I can get in the game and look at the skill trees myself.

I'm relatively certain something like this will appear post-launch but currently we just lack enough information to actually create solid viable level 60 builds. I don't even know if we get 10 more paragon points between level 50 and 60, I assume yes but I haven't seen any solid proof we do (haven't looked that hard). End-game stats on gear are also a mystery.

The good news is that while leveling the only thing you really need to be careful about is your powers and attributes. Feats can be respecced separately for AD and gear can always be swapped around. Attributes aren't actually a really significant factor to an overall build so a balanced 20/20/20 (give or take, plus or minus) in Str/Cha/Wis will pretty much avoid the need for a respec unless you are obsessed with squeezing out every single 1% you can.
  • boogle11boogle11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    very interesting build idea. I might have to check it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • metesametesa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wich stuff should cleric roll? crit/wis/<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and enhancements? just arrived to 60 but dont know how to equip my cleric, just taking pvp items, i can do epic modes with pvp stuff? fuark dont know what to do XD
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Even though it is beta based, or at least originated then, I included this to the Master List of Class Builds! Thank you for sharing it with the community! :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • akariyoakariyo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off great guide and information. Really helpful!

I've looked through all the posts and tried to find an answer to this question that is bugging me at the moment and I couldn't find one. Does anyone know the exact way Power works in terms of healing output? The tooltip really seems to lack enough information about what exactly is going on. :/ At the moment I have 1,003 Power with +40.1 which contributes to my Damage/Healing bonus. Whilst I understand that part, it really seems odd that it gives such a tiny amount of effect and I'm really doubting if that +40.1 is a percentage (Although if it is then that's amazing.)

Is Power just currently scaling really badly at the moment or is the tooltip wrong?

Thanks in advance for any info!
    [Heaters Gonna' Heat]
    [NW-DN9RWCCFA]

#Solo | #Combat | #Puzzle
  • d20rollad20rolla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see the starting stats but.... what are the level-ups and finishing stats?
  • edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So can you give an insidght on the best stats to go for on cleric,
    Ive gone for the power/recovery PVP gear and tbh im not doing so well in t2 duns and would like so advice on stats and gear to go for.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ True, do we go cha-wis? cha-pow? or cha-int?
  • sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This build also helps with Solo clerics. In solo, I tend to run with Sun Burst, Daunting Light, Flame Strike, and Guardian of Faith. Increased Recovery would net me quicker use in those attacks and allow me to play keep away much longer!
  • noxx412noxx412 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what stat should we go for, STR or INT? Has anyone checked which one is better?
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    What ability scores should be raised? Is this build supposed to spend points on INT and CHA only? That's what it seems to be alluding to anyway, because the OP didn't specify whether or not any points should be used on WIS. It's obvious the idea behind the build is spamming skills anyway.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I completely agree with you... STR as spell crit literally makes no sense to me. INT should do that... but its how the game has it right now... Hopefully if they make this change we will get some kind of stat reallocation token or something.

I think stats should as follows:

Str
    Stamina regen (+1%)
    Movement speed increase (+1%)
    DoT damage resistance (+1%)
    DoT damage (+1%)

Con
    Maximum HP (+2%)
    Defense (+2%)

Dex
    AoE damage resistance (+2%)
    Deflection chance (+2%)

Int
    Recharge speed (+1.33%)
    Control bonus (+1.33%)
    Control resistance (+1.33%)

Wis
    Crit chance (+1%)
    Damage bonus (+1%)
    Recharge speed (+1%)
    Action point gain (+1%)

Cha
    Healing bonus (+1%)
    Action point gain (+1%)
    Companion stats bonus (+1%)
    Combat advantage damage (+1%)

at least the bonuses would match the trait they are supposed to represent, cha should make one popular with their parties and companions, wisdom should make clerics cast stronger and more quickly (its why its primary), intelligence should resist against mages and rogues while allowing faster learning, dex should prevent being hit and allow one to take less in area of affect situations where dodging could help, con should protect and help tank, str should boost a few things along physical parameters
  • deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will you update for the balancing patch?
  • mmagusbmmagusb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any chance of seeing a full screen capture step by step build for this? :-) Thanks
  • dpskanedpskane Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Will you update for the balancing patch?

2nd that...
    and - is this guide still viable?
    and is the recommended point allocation at levels 10/20/40/50 CHA/INT, CHA/WIS or CHA/STR?
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is an old guide. I used to follow it. I found with the change to AP generation some time back that it was no longer viable. I have since had to change my build to perform as well as I can with a now less than ideal base stat configuration.

I suggest that instead of continuing to bump this thread that players interested in build advice consult more up to date guides.
  • dpskanedpskane Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I suggest that instead of continuing to bump this thread that players interested in build advice consult more up to date guides.

if there would only be any good ones... i'll answer a bit more in the other threat
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Kinda lost here. What you say in your comment contradicts your signature's.

Comment:
    doug200463 wrote: »
    This is a most welcome change, for me anyways... i had no issues keeping my party alive in Cloak Tower. And to my surprise when i wasnt the only cleric in the group, i found myself at the top of the healing chart most of the time..

Signature:
    doug200463 wrote: »
    Clerics need a BUFF! Not a Nerf! Or create another healing class thats able to heal a group well...

Anyway, this game we have an action healer and that is awesome. One thing that always bothered me in most non-action MMO's was the fact that the cleric would be pressing buttons and not even would have to move at all.

Most non-action MMO's:
    Press...
    F2 (select party member)
    1 (toss light heal)
    F3 (select party member)
    1 (toss light heal)
    F4 (select party member)
    2 (toss medium heal)
    F5 (select party member)
    1 (toss light heal)
    3 (toss heavy heal)

I have played the Divine Cleric in every single dungeon in this game and and had no issues in healing my party at all. While I do wish the DC's had more flexibility in the powers choice (for healing purposes), the game requires a good amount of fancy footwork, knowing to position yourself and choosing when use divinity or not.

Of course, a decent geared group with the basic common sense helps. CW's and TR's letting the GF or GWF pull, the DC's running towards the GF instead of away from them when being targeted should be obvious but I've seen most PUGs failing in doing this.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Uh. You do realise you're quoting a post written in March, right?
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Uh. You do realise you're quoting a post written in March, right?

I do now. Thanks for the heads up!