Install Arc
Options

Future classes?

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    raugar wrote: »
    ..this is just a list of possible classes, and not even all, but you get an idea.

For all the builds, races, classes and more - you can check my signature.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23911-Brief-Lore-Intro&p=811941&viewfull=1#post811941

This lists all but the shadow classes
  • Options
    hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    For all the builds, races, classes and more - you can check my signature.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23911-Brief-Lore-Intro&p=811941&viewfull=1#post811941

This lists all but the shadow classes

Thank you, that was a nice read :).
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well i guess Warlock and then Ranger is whats coming first, two strikers. After that i hope for another leaderrole like Bard and another controller like Druid. After that i guess they can start allover again with a new defender, like a paladin. Either way i will be happy so many classes i want to play allready :D.
  • Options
    thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    i am curious why you say the rogue is a dissapointment, i have played a rogue in many games and this is the first time i have liked the adaption

I'm in total agreement with you. Neverwinter Online's Trickster Rogue plays like a rogue *should* be played, and has never to my knowledge been done ere now. Nimble, elusive, treacherous, and quite lethal when he/she gets the positioning desired. What is not to like?
  • Options
    angryweirdoangryweirdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    personally, i hate rerolling. What happened to creating a full game at the start? do we have to rush everything these days? =/
  • Options
    usodesuusodesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, but there will not be any ranged archery class or melee class for ranger nor will warlock be available for launch. If you have actual proof otherwise, then please link to explicitly show this. The devs are TRYING to get a ranger class to be available shortly after launch but it's melee based. I have not seen any public dev comment on warlock or archer.

sorry but a melee based ranger is not what (people) want the most (considering we already have a few nice melee based classes)

hopefully the information you have is far from the truth...
    when they actually push out that melee ranger class before an archer i wouldnt be that happy considering they should push out classes that are missing, melee is already represented in a good way too, so more melee variety can wait.
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want my main to be a two weapon ranger. So does everyone who wants to dual wield something other than daggers. People ARE looking forward to it.

Something people don't seem to consider is time vs resources. It might be simply easier to get certain classes out that are both done quickly and to standard. In doing one thing, a developer may find that it some of the resources can be used again for something else with less time involved. In the case of a TWRanger, Cryptic may have been able to reuse some resources from the Trickster Rogue . The Scourge Warlock could possibly use resources that were used in creating the Cleric, Wizard or Rogue (for example, I don't know of course).

Personally, I hope ranged strikers take awhile to show up. I'm sorry and it pains me to say that since I do enjoy variety and DnD can be great for that. I've just found that once an mmo has decent ranged damage dealers, even if the melee'rs still do more damage, people will choose the ranged guys since they're easier to play and to heal. Those of us in melee are either restricted to certain groups of friends or left out in the cold.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Even though the Archer appears to be closer to release then the Twoblade ranger I remember someone mentioned they got word from a dev that the twoblade was actually next in line. For all we know both rangers and the warlock are being tweaked and first one to finalize gets the spotlot first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well if the archer was closer to being finished why then would the two blade be released first? That doesn't make sense and how do we even know if the archer appears to be closer to release?
  • Options
    noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I really want to play a Swordmage, but I think it would be a long time before they get to that class.

It would be nice if they instead appropriated the Swordmage class into one of the wizard's paragon paths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kinsaeda wrote: »
    I want my main to be a two weapon ranger. So does everyone who wants to dual wield something other than daggers. People ARE looking forward to it.

Something people don't seem to consider is time vs resources. It might be simply easier to get certain classes out that are both done quickly and to standard. In doing one thing, a developer may find that it some of the resources can be used again for something else with less time involved. In the case of a TWRanger, Cryptic may have been able to reuse some resources from the Trickster Rogue . The Scourge Warlock could possibly use resources that were used in creating the Cleric, Wizard or Rogue (for example, I don't know of course).

Personally, I hope ranged strikers take awhile to show up. I'm sorry and it pains me to say that since I do enjoy variety and DnD can be great for that. I've just found that once an mmo has decent ranged damage dealers, even if the melee'rs still do more damage, people will choose the ranged guys since they're easier to play and to heal. Those of us in melee are either restricted to certain groups of friends or left out in the cold.

This is both contrary to my experience in MMO's and more than a bit self serving.

NWO will probably have the distinction of being the first AAA MMO ever to launch without a ranged DPS spec. That is nothing to be proud of, and something that should be a top priority to fix, whether via archery or wizardry.

As to the grouping part, my experience has been that since most melee DPS toons can off tank to some degree, as end game content gets more complex, they are far more valuable and sought than a one trick pew pew. Champs vs Hunters for example in LOTRO. In any event please try to measure your concern with access to end game content against the concerns of those of us who have not even been provided a build to play yet. /rant off
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My experience has shown otherwise, self serving? No more than anyone saying they hope what they want is in before what someone else wants. I don't know your experience, I don't even care about your experience, I can only speak of my own and in my experience it's the ranged dps that is more sought out over the melee'rs. Perhaps its the games we've both played that has shaped our experiences so differently.

Nor is my concern with end game content, but all levels of play, your assumptions are baseless there. Is it a top priority fix? Only the developers can say for sure, all we can do is state what we want and what we prefer. I am no more right or wrong for stating that I'd rather have a two weapon fighter first so I can play my main, than you are for wanting an archer first so you can do yours.

Rant all you like, it's pointless, we don't even have anything to discuss here, it's just two differing opinions.
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have no need to convince you personally of anything.

I'm advocating for a ranged DPS spec to be top priority because none at all exist right now, and a portion of the player base, however small or large, is not being served. This can be done with archer, warlock, wizard, sorc, crossbow rogue, anything applicable.

You are advocating for that player base to continue to not be served, to make it easier for you to get into groups.

I do not need you to see the difference there, its plenty obvious enough.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You might be right, and I apologize for that. I still can't change what I hope for, nor should I or you or anyone else. If ranged strikers of any variety come out first, won't really bother me, matter of fact I'll be happy for a lot of people and the game will have been improved, regardless of what it means for me personally. I haven't said either should be top priority, so I'm not advocating anything. I expressly said it's up to the dev's and that you and I can only state what we want.

But please, don't attack or insult me, again it's pointless.
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    \The devs are TRYING to get a ranger class to be available shortly after launch but it's melee based.

It's official. This game is absolutely horrendous.
  • Options
    faauusttfaauustt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i rly hope for more mage like classes
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Please read this
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?77131-Future-classes&p=1208361&viewfull=1#post1208361

The source that melee based ranger is in the works to get released comes from me as I thought I read a dev post saying that. I was pretty sure I was right, but the files people found in their computer are named "Archer Ranger"
  • Options
    zsiirenzsiiren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess I can only cross my fingers and hope for an archer ranger. The rogue isn't a bad class at all; it's DPS capabilities left me breathless. Still, who doesn't want pew-pew instead of slashy-slash?
  • Options
    peter425peter425 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yea, melee based archer sound really stupid.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    peter425 wrote: »
    Yea, melee based archer sound really stupid.

It's a melee based ranger, not a melee based archer.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a melee based ranger, not a melee based archer.

This. Tempest Ranger has been around for quite a while, in one form or another.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rageblood Barbarian all the way... bring the pain
  • Options
    daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    After the BW4 I have really change my mind about the next classes.
    First I would have gone for Warlock or the Ranger, but they are both Strikers and with them added we would have :
    - 1 Guardian,
    - 1 Leader,
    - 1 Controller,
    - 4 Strikers.
    The game needs to add at least one Guardian, Leader and Controller before
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    First I would have gone for Warlock or the Ranger, but they are both Strikers and with them added we would have :
    - 1 Guardian,
    - 1 Leader,
    - 1 Controller,
    - 4 Strikers.

I thought GWF was technically a defender/guardian.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With GWF being a semi-defender, I would add a leader and controller next (or a semi), maybe a Druid or Paladin or Bard.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    - 1 Guardian,
    - 1 Leader,
    - 1 Controller,
    - 4 Strikers.

With that in mind I'd like to see:
    - Battlemind
    - Ardent
    - Psion
    - Monk

It's the 4 Psionic power source classes. While Primal is a favourite of mine there's not a lot of "naturey" settings in NW currently.
    They could just as easily expand into more Marshall classes which would add Ranger and Warlord. Arcane power source gives them a full set of roles again.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Please read this
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?77131-Future-classes&p=1208361&viewfull=1#post1208361

The source that melee based ranger is in the works to get released comes from me as I thought I read a dev post saying that. I was pretty sure I was right, but the files people found in their computer are named "Archer Ranger"

Excuse me, but are you Truthseeker? Because the post that spurred all the melee ranger being the first ranger class, at least for me, came from Truth's post.

Also just because there are some leaked files that people caught a glimpse of what classes Cryptic has in the works doesn't give anymore credence than Truth's post. People will preach and shout what will be the first based on their preference. Cryptic I'm sure has a wide array of classes in the works.

Either way can really care less since all I want is my melee cleric. More so since DDO just shat all over melee divines, clerics and favored souls that is.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    - 1 Guardian,
    - 1 Leader,
    - 1 Controller,
    - 4 Strikers.

Not true when more strikers make up a group than all the other roles combined. Those two are perfectly fine being added first, which I'd wager we'll have a couple of classes added and not just a few.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not true when more strikers make up a group than all the other roles combined. Those two are perfectly fine being added first, which I'd wager we'll have a couple of classes added and not just a few.

Isn't "a few" more then " a couple"? lol
  • Options
    nezthulranezthulra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should add all the content that is in the published 4e books to the game.....each class, paragon level, race, everything.
This discussion has been closed.