test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Second night in, still no sound, still no response from submitted ticket.

buddy3000buddy3000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
enjoying the game but id be able to enjoy it a whole lot more if i had some sound. submitted 3 tickets, no response. i have no sound at all not even at character select, but i have sound in every other program and ive done all i know to do. all drivers are up to date as well as disabled firewall and antivirus to test to no avail.
Post edited by buddy3000 on

Comments

• buddy3000buddy3000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and yet a third night.....
  • bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    Did you check your options menu for the Sound Output? It might be on the wrong source.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmmm...let's see...I have sound, and friends of mine playing have sound. Maybe the problem isnt't with the game.

I don't know what to tell you, but the problem isn't the game.
    L'sya Raiya
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    Hmmm...let's see...I have sound, and friends of mine playing have sound. Maybe the problem isnt't with the game.

I don't know what to tell you, but the problem isn't the game.

Pretty much this. Post should have read "Is anyone else having problems with sound?" Update your soundcard drivers and try again.
  • lindamuslindamus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got no "combat" sound.

environment, dialog, interface all good.
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    there are sound issues. I have had some dialog drop.

Raise a ticket. Remember this is beta.

They will value your feedback, not your rage ;)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But what DID you do?

Please detail the steps you tried before posting something didn't work (and if you didn't do it, add this to your first ticket and please don't open multiple ticklets as it will only slow the response time.) I have no idea if you went into the configurations and chose the details and moved each slider and checked/unchecked every box, just looked at the basic or even skipped configurations altogether and said it didn't work. Without the details, I or any other current or former techie have no idea where to guide you since we don't know what step you are on. As a person who made it to tier 3 support, respectfully, I've heard many people say they did "everything" and they simply re-ran the program and rebooted their computer. Speaking of, did you simply try rebooting? I hope you did, as that solves a lot of problems, but I'm hoping you at least did do that.

But if you don't list the things you tried, it becomes difficult to impossible to give you correct support.

Secondly, you fail to list your system details and how you are running the game (windowed, full screen other, etc). These are VERY important factors to determine what is causing your conflict. Do you have an integrated sound card, a installed one, multiple ones, a basic speaker plugged in, two, a 5.1 setup, do you have bass, and does it work while you can't hgear voices, etc?

Finally, don't assume your experience is everybody else's. Check the boards, especially the support area to see if it's been listed before. If not, assume it's not as prevalent as other things posted.

As we can see you are mainly the exception and not the rule when it comes to no sound at all. However, we need the above details so Cryptic and PWE can find what is causing it and fix your issue and help future issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]