test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I actually can't decide!

skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Ok here's the problem im having. In most MMOs I've played I usually go Cloak'n'Dagger but... Iv tried the rogue class and I am enjoying it, I rolled a Half Orc and lets be honest the class just doesnt fit the race imo, so im waiting till I can get my hands on the Drow Renegade. Soooo I've been watching this GWF trailer over and over and IMO it does kinda look kick *** for a DPS class. Reminds me of the Slayer/Choppa from Warhammer Online. My question is, will the GWF be able to deal decent single target damage like the Rogue or is this class just purely for PvE and extremely beneficial in a group and not so much in PvP. End game everyone likes a bit of PvP once they have what they want gear wise. I know no one has played the class yet but I'm just wanting some opinions :D
Post edited by skreechr on

Comments

• mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i'll probably be burned at the steak for this but wouldn't a GWF be more of a tanky rogue with less DPS..& diff skill sets of course
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would have thought tanky-AOE-med/dps
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • meathooks333meathooks333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't like using the word tanky to describe a guy just because he wears heavy armor. But the GWF will most likely be heavy melee AoE damage with enough damage reduction/self-heals to keep him in the middle of the action. Most likely will not have any threat generating abilities.

The trick will be keeping the class balanced. Too powerful and Rogues will feel useless and cry. Give him powers that allow him to generate extra threat and GFs will feel useless and cry harder than the Rogues. At the same time it's not fair to make a GWF that does LESS damage than a Rogue, so the AoE component has to be significant for him to match the Rogue as a striker class. Easiest way to do that I would think is give the class an AoE leash-type ability, where he can pull enemies to his location and then begin butchering them all with PBAoE. Just an idea.
    8131251489_ec88a8c016.jpg
  • zooggorzooggor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would a tank class be best for a half orc?
  • zooggorzooggor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i only really posted to see if my name had Hero of the North on it but for some reason it dose not even tho i payed for it!!
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    zooggor wrote: »
    Would a tank class be best for a half orc?

Half Orc makes a good rogue as well.

As for Hero of the North you need to select the title in User CP in under permission groups.

Here a link to the page that should work.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Orcs are awesome at everything . And we are the best looking by far !!!!
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since yesterday i cant decide inbetween GF and GWF. Loved both streams that featured the GWF, they get a wail of the banshee shout and a crazy stomp daily.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    Since yesterday i cant decide inbetween GF and GWF. Loved both streams that featured the GWF, they get a wail of the banshee shout and a crazy stomp daily.
    G

GF is for sissies who hide behind a wooden board.

Try GWF who can kill ofcourse, but kill with more speed than any other.\

:p
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know I'll probably only level one character with this game, and I can't decide between trickster rogue or GWF. I love the button-mashy style of TR but then it's kind of fun whirling around like a blender doing massive damage too. I find all the others so far boring to play so at least it's just two to get indecisive over.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To answer the question that was originally in the thread...GWF seems to be more of an AE type damage. Single target wise..a rogue will always be out ontop no problem at all. However, get a group together and the GWF slices through them like a hot knife through butter. So many fun abilities that are all tied in to AE damage.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • azrusazrus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Selaral. Rogue seems to have the edge in single target DPS, but GWF has the edge in AoE DPS. That said, it looks like GWF also has a feat line dedicated to off-tanking, though I don't have any experience with it, so I couldn't say how effective it is. That said, I'm 22 and with my healer minion I don't have any trouble with surviveability as a pure DPS spec, so I can imagine that with the extra defense from the Sentinel feats you'd be pretty tough. Just something else to consider when picking your class.