test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard's Hand is tired of being in the air!

2»

Comments

• gerberatetragerberatetra Member Posts: 818 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I know! I felt like my Wiz was on the verge of picking her nose all day

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    A leader of The Blackwatch Defenders
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agree! +1. Hell yes etc. I think you have a camp designer in your team! ;)

Get rid. It's just plain silly.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I think they need to have him holding the orb hovering ever so slightly above his hand.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mysteriona wrote: »
    He also walks like he has a pine cone up his butt during combat lol!!

^^ this so true LOL!!!^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Yeah he's so stiff. Which is sad because most of his animations are really fluid. It's like he's missing an animation between running, and attacking.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's terrible. Just make my character stand around like a normal being when he's just hanging out, and run like a normal being as well. It looks like I am trying to ice skate on dirt or something. Original EQ has better non-combat animations. Over all I like the combat animations, but running, and standing are the worst I've even seen.
  • russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone told me that it's a bug so should be fixed...I mean really who would make those animations on purpose?
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    golfildur wrote: »
    It is because the folks at Perfect World being from Asia, have no conception of anything remotely European. Faerun and Wizards are NOT in any way shape or form Asian. Seriously, pick up a book learn about the culture your trying to paint and drop the Kung Fu <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

While I'm not sure if it's directly the Asian influence of Perfect World showing, I do agree that the two-fingers up gesture is more Asian and does not fit Faerun. I would rather prefer the hands to be half open (imagine holding a ball in your hands) since that gives their fingers a more free sense of motion which goes more in line with the D&D Wizard's image of their fingers dancing across the air as they weave their spells.
  • deathpumpdeathpump Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Considering the Wizard is using psychic powers, have you ever seen a psychic NOT put their fingers to their head/temples?
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, please do get rid of the two-fingers in the air pose. It wouldn't be so bad if he went into that pose as a combat idle pose but then put the arm down when going out of combat. But to always have it up in the air? I'm really hoping this is just a temporary beta thing and they plan on changing it before going live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    deathpump wrote: »
    Considering the Wizard is using psychic powers, have you ever seen a psychic NOT put their fingers to their head/temples?

Wizards are not Psionicists. Magic is not psychic in nature. If wizards rubs their temples it's because they are tired of being surrounded by those less intelligent than themselves.
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone else think of this when they see thier wizard?
    hA4A17D11
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wizards store magic in their brains, if for any second they lose concentration all of that magic will erupt out in a swarm of spelltastic craziness, from inside their head out. Unfortunately there is also the somatic components of spell casting, if they make the wrong move it may happen, so them keeping their hands there helps them keep mentally focused and physically focused so that their heads don't explode.

P.S. Yea it does look a tad silly.
  • buhnerbuhner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please for the love of the gods change the Control Wizard's animation where he has his hand out, as if he's taking a pic of himself or giving a peace sign...not sure. Also he has some other odd animations i.e. running. As far as combat goes it seems pretty good though.

Wishes

Yes, Yes! A millions times yes! Please for the love of the gods get rid of the two finger stance. That and bring the wizard a decent implement. What kind of wizard can't use a staff or wand?! I know it is only my opinion but the sole use of the orb just ruined my favorite class...