Install Arc
Options

Poor performance in neverwinter city hub

2»

Comments

• Options
    v3anzv3anz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is absurd. In any other mmo with plenty more players crowded in city everything was going fine. Lineage 2, WoW. This is typical engine problem.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get no slowdown etc in the main city hub, but can not stay in it for more than 10mins before it crashes me to desktop with no warning.
    So anoying as i cant go near it so cant do much without going there, why not add more AH's etc outside the city somewhere, the city is a main hub but so many have problems with it.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    I get no slowdown etc in the main city hub, but can not stay in it for more than 10mins before it crashes me to desktop with no warning.
    So anoying as i cant go near it so cant do much without going there, why not add more AH's etc outside the city somewhere, the city is a main hub but so many have problems with it.
    ^^This. Everywhere else runs smoothly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    youruichisamayouruichisama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed this problem more after the last update. I walk into the main hub and my FPS stumbles. I go into PVP or a dungeon and my FPS jumps off a high cliff to sheer nothingness below. It's hard tanking a boss when all you're seeing is a flip book. I was also concerned about my laptop's running speed... I mean, my toaster could run an MMO better, so I updated everything, did an extensive defrag, etc. Tried again, same problem. Hopped on SWTOR and Aion to test, turned max settings up, and it was perfectly fine with great FPS.

So to conclude, as everyone pretty much has been saying - it is definitely an internal problem with the game.

Edit// Tested my CPU usage - 48% :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a i5 3550, a gtx 670 ftw sig 2, too much ram with a samsung 840 hdd...using win 8 and having a 15mb connection - i have 90% of the time no issues with everything maxed
  • Options
    waterworm19waterworm19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have only dual-core 2GB ram DDR3 2Ghz + integrated HD graphics with 768Mb memory.
    My PC meets the minimum requirements, almost the recommended ( because the recommended is more than 2Ghz ).

I have nice 30-35 FPS in small maps, arenas, houses etc, and average 15-20 FPS in the terrains ( thats enough for me )
    But when i enter any city:
    1 - i get 1 frame in cca. 7-8 seconds, so the fps is around 0.1-0.2
    2 - the game crashes, windows freezes, my pc restarts.
    3 - i get an error message ( failed to draw 32x8 image, 6mips ( or something like this ) )
    4 - i can even cook omelette on the pc, its painfully hot

I don't know why :S
    ( Sorry for the bad english )
  • Options
    roggnusroggnus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have found out that no matter what kind or how monstrous the computer maybe or how great my internet connection maybe, I simply can't enter a large city like Protector's Enclave. Now my character is stuck in the city and I can't even log in without disconnecting.

I tried my work computer: 32 gigs of ram, AMD 8-core cpu, dual gforce gtx titans each having 6 gigs of memory, with twin 5 terabyte hard drives. Surfing the net with a T-3 internet connection. This computer succeeds past the recommended specs for this game. With all that still can't get out of the loading screen without crashing.

Something is seriously wrong here. The tech support apparently doesn't know either. I have tried everything they have said to do and yet they say its resolved but it isn't. The only thing left to try is not to play the game. I would like to play it. So far I think its the best game out there but with an issue like this well it will soon be another game taken down by the mighty World of Warcraft sad to say.
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fine. 8GB of PC12800 and two HD5750 running a Black Edition Phenom II. If you want to see serious lag, I suggest you check out the Bazaar in EQ on the Bertox server.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mhelivor wrote: »
    I Have lag, in combat even in closed dungeons. Some times 1-5 sec delay on rolls or dodge, hits etc. In City Hub slow, so even in Blacklake. I have a 100mb line. And a good computer. But Im in EU. And if this an EU problem. Or for all. For me the game is no more enjoyable. So I will stop BETA this weekend. Take a look on Sunday See if there any changes. If no I will probably not book up myself as I did this weekend, for BETA W3. I will just take a peek, and see what change. Had no such problem last weekend. So maybe not a EU problem just to weak servers, or to many players this weekend.

The problem for me really started this past Tuesday. Then the servers crashed, and it's been bad ever since. I'm constantly rubberbanding, and it's not just one area. Prior to that, there had been no problems, and little to no rubberbanding. It's gotten horrible since Tuesday.
  • Options
    gunnarnordstromgunnarnordstrom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having terrible lag problems all over the place even on VERY low settings. I was even having problems with my mouse kicking on and off randomly... Computer isn't the greatest but usually I can play with at least medium settings/resolutions...

Core 2 duo, with 2x Radeon HD 4850

Anyways, I fixed it by setting up a application profile in Catalyst Control Center with CrossFire set to Optimize 1x1 for Neverwinter.exe. Now i can run max quality at 1400x900 no problems... Disabling CrossFire altogether might work too. I've had similar problems with other games that don't like CrossFire

Not sure if this will help with the lag in cities but it might help somebody.
  • Options
    laerian3dlaerian3d Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Joined today so I haven't see much of the game but enough already

Protector's Enclave 20-30 fps some zones of the city give 35-40 :S

I monitored the system and the GPU is around 40-60%. No bottlenecks. Lowered the settings with no big changes.

Black Market district 50-60 fps with peaks of 70-80
    Dungeons 70-80 fps with peaks of 90-100

PhenomII 955, 12GB RAM Radeon HD7950
  • Options
    mrzeroman00mrzeroman00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aaron92232 wrote: »
    fx 6100
    8gb 1600mhz ram
    Only at 1280x1024 (other monitor broke)

I get 20fps in town on full maxed settings everywhere else 70/80 fps on average dropping to 58 minimal and peaking at 90/100

edited May 2013
    Nw seems VERY CPU bound for me. My GPU usage is actually relatively low on med-high settings, but my cpu load is maxed out even on the lowest. I was able to get a noticeable improvement from overclocking from 3.0 to 3.24. The fps difference between all low settings and all max is actually pretty slim. I also frequently get rubberbanding in the hub. Further evidence that it seems to be bound by CPU is my laptop has an i7 CPU with a low end quadro (620 equivalent) nvidia chip and it runs quite well there. On EVERY other game I play, my old desktop with the 4870 performs FAR better than that beefy cpu/crappy quadro. To qualify "every other game": My Steam library has 220+ games in it. NW is the only one that brings my system to its knees so far.

Win7 x64
    6GB RAM
    Dual core Wolfdale Xeon - 3.0 stock/3.24 OC
    Radeon 4870 512mb
  • Options
    sylvermarkesylvermarke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mhelivor wrote: »
    I Have lag, in combat even in closed dungeons. Some times 1-5 sec delay on rolls or dodge, hits etc. In City Hub slow, so even in Blacklake. I have a 100mb line. And a good computer. But Im in EU. And if this an EU problem. Or for all. For me the game is no more enjoyable. So I will stop BETA this weekend. Take a look on Sunday See if there any changes. If no I will probably not book up myself as I did this weekend, for BETA W3. I will just take a peek, and see what change. Had no such problem last weekend. So maybe not a EU problem just to weak servers, or to many players this weekend.

My main PC is a dual 7970 beast and has no issues, but my alternate PC has a budget card and kept exhibiting this problem. I discovered that the "Post-processing" in graphics settings was the source of the issue (I created a trouble ticket too). I turned this feature off and the delays went away. Occasionally it would even crash my client... there's a bug in that code so just disable it and life should be better. (It just won't look as nice).

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    frappa11frappa11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if anyone has solved the locked 60hz refresh rate issue, but I seem to have come across a fix.

If you navigate to Neverwinter\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata and open Gameprefs in notepad or something.. change this value

"PrefEntry GfxSettings.RefreshRate 60" to PrefEntry GfxSettings.RefreshRate 120

and that should solve it, and getting back to the topic I also have pretty bad FPS in the town.

GTX 670 2GB
    8GB RAM

Cheers loves.
This discussion has been closed.