test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Notes From MMORPG.COM Stream

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I got some info basic bullet points, I missed the last 30 secs unfortunately but here it is

Squez-makes stuff happen

Very very close to launch

Guantlgrym will be PvP and PvE

Control Wizard will be at launch

Rooting is to prevent kiting

Glory gets good loot

Foundry is better than STO Foundry

nothing is final

5 man content is what it will be except for areas such as Guantlgrym where you have 5 man parties but lots of the same "group"

no guild voice chat currently, it may be added post-launch.

Thats all I caught that I thought might matter

P.S. NOCS had a much longer interview with Squez
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks! The audio kept bugging out on me so I missed much of the interview...
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just to elaborate a little.
    Glory gets good loot

Glory gets loot that's specifically designed to be the best loot for PvP specs.
    no guild voice chat

The capacity for guild voice chat exists(and was turned on for part of the first beta weekend) but its doesn't work as well as they'd like it to. The devs believe that since NW is free to play they are held to a higher standard for the things they put in the game. This is because people automatically think free to play means worse quality. Therefore, they don't want to release something that isn't as good as they want it to be, which in this case is guild chat.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    jarii2jarii2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    The Dev also confirmed the Warlock class, probably not for launch, but still good news!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    Just to elaborate a little.

Glory gets loot that's specifically designed to be the best loot for PvP specs.

The capacity for guild voice chat exists(and was turned on for part of the first beta weekend) but its doesn't work as well as they'd like it to. The devs believe that since NW is free to play they are held to a higher standard for the things they put in the game. This is because people automatically think free to play means worse quality. Therefore, they don't want to release something that isn't as good as they want it to be, which in this case is guild chat.

yah I prolly should have filled it out more, currently it is one of those days when I should have taken a nap and I didnt so my brain is kinda just blahhh

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jarii2 wrote: »
    The Dev also confirmed the Warlock class, probably not for launch, but still good news!

Warlock was confirmed when they decided to not strip it from BW1 game build...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bardbarian wrote: »
    Warlock was confirmed when they decided to not strip it from BW1 game build...

and when we mentioned it in NOCS episode 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice, thanks for the notes! my audio kept getting wonky and i couldnt hear much. Was the no guild voice chat final or just something that wasnt finished and perfected so it's currently left out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got some info basic bullet points, I missed the last 30 secs unfortunately but here it is

Squez-makes stuff happen

Very very close to launch

Guantlgrym will be PvP and PvE

Control Wizard will be at launch

Rooting is to prevent kiting

Glory gets good loot

Foundry is better than STO Foundry

nothing is final

5 man content is what it will be except for areas such as Guantlgrym where you have 5 man parties but lots of the same "group"

no guild voice chat

Thats all I caught that I thought might matter

P.S. NOCS had a much longer interview with Squez

1. Hopes the "TheSquez" understands that their are other things then killing chit and taking their loots in D&D.

2. Hopes the cleric class ends up looking like a cleric class. Same goes with wizards.

3. Hopes we get to see some improvements from the build we played 1 month ago.

My list, with a focus on number 3
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    Nice, thanks for the notes! my audio kept getting wonky and i couldnt hear much. Was the no guild voice chat final or just something that wasnt finished and perfected so it's currently left out?

It sounded more like the latter. But it didn't sound like it was a priority to get fixed so as far as release is concerned its probably final.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you elaborate on what was mentioned on Gauntlgrym? I was taking notes and didn't catch that part but heard it mentioned.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Can you elaborate on what was mentioned on Gauntlgrym? I was taking notes and didn't catch that part but heard it mentioned.
    He didnt mention much, he wasnt wanting to spoil anything for those who havent read the book and he didnt want to let us know a ton about it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gotcha, thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Gotcha, thanks!

welcome, now back to Wheel of Time book 12 The Gathering Storm(Im pacing myself an only reading about 100 pages a day

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the notes Mr Reaper.

I gotta read those books.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png