test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Saying Hello

seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Appears that my probationary period is over, so now I can say hello to the forum.

I'm 54, female, Very Happily Married for over 27 years (and NOT looking), and have been playing online RP games and FPS (first-person shooters) since 1993. Started out with online text-based simming (simulated role-playing) on AOL in the Star Wars and Red Dragon Inn chat rooms. Played Wolfenstein, Doom, Skynet, Jedi Knight, X-wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, XWA (X-Wing Alliance), Quake. I've done a little website design, hosted an IRC server, hosted a game server, hosted BBB forums, done a bit of forum moderation, played around a bit with 3DS Max, ran a few flight-sim gaming academies. Mostly I like to hang around reasonably-intelligent people and scoop up all the tidbits I can learn along the way.

Never played a board dice-based game like DnD in my life. I expect I'll be way behind the learning curve for most of my time spent here. I loved Neverwinter Nights 1, played it for several years on PWs (persistent worlds), hated Neverwinter Nights 2.

I've read many of R. A. Salvatore's works and have managed to pick up the "After the Spellplague" scenario, but as far as DnD rules vis a vis this version versus that, I'll just punt. I'll try to play along with the "Hail Fellow Well Met" people, but I'm just here to play and learn along the way.

I miss the music from Neverwinter Nights 1. I expect I'll never hear its like again, in a game setting. Fortunately I have the CD.

Regards,
SeaWalker
Post edited by seawalker13 on

Comments

• xbattleheartxxbattleheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to the forums. Forgotten Realms is a great campaign setting, even without the PnP experience, it should still be a very enjoyable experience. Hope to see you in-game!
    Into the Heart of Battle I go - blade sharp and purpose clear...
  • seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Thanks BattleHeart. I've checked out your guild. Seems like a good place for an old warhorse gaming gal like me. Still checking into Mumble, haven't used a microphone for gameplay, just Teamspeak while waiting to play in the old Microsoft Gaming Zone back in the Stone Age of voip gaming for PvP XvT and XWA matches. I'll fill out an app, see how it goes.

Regards,
    SeaWalker
  • amarosa2001amarosa2001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow someone else that has played the Red Dragon Inn. Awesome wasn't it? Nice to meet you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome, Neverwinter Nights music is great, thankfully I have the game so I can listen whenever Im willing to play.

I have some info for you
    I recommend reading the Neverwinter Extended FAQ if you havent already.
    The Directory of the Founder Guilds of Neverwinter can help with guild shopping.

Also feel free to look at my guild and oin if you would like. I leave a nice little link to it in my signature.

See ya round the forums and in-game
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ooh, I figured out the avatar thingy! I rock.. very slowly and deliberately at times. ;)
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well that kinda sucks. I don't get to have a picture avatar on the forum just 'cause I didn't pay to play a game that hasn't gone to production status yet? LOL

I can fire up my ol' Sony laptop that still has XP installed and just get all happy with NWN1 again. I probably should just do it.

Well you can make add an avatar to your account right know, but it wont be your ingame character since you havent played BW1
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Amarosa's avatar is her never winter nights avatar. Her siggie is her wow siggie until she gets in game to make her real siggie from game.