test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disturbed by lack of information on the control Wizard.

2»

Comments

• doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My appologies for jumping into the thread and adding fuel into the fire. I just wanted to point out that...
    OMG, HOW COULD THEY EVEN LAUNCH A "D&D" GAME WITHOUT WIZARDS? GEEZ, R U CRAZY? WHAAAARRRGH!!!! *passes out*

...and...
    No Wizard =/= D&D :mad:
    Nuff' said. :p
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    You're right, I'm sorry, your concern for lack of information lead me to believe you wanted more information. I guess I am just confused by why you would be concerned for the lack of something if you didn't want to know more about it. I'm still confused about it. But you never really mentioned what the actual concern was, that it doesn't exist? That it won't be playable in the beta? That it will not be ready for launch? Where exactly does your concern lay?

Also:
    I never brought up the founder status, that was brought up in some kind of attempt to justify the right to have more information by Ysil6969, so I will assume your hostility over it is directed at them, and rightly so.

Honestly, why do you even care so much if he wants information? It doesn't affect you AT ALL. Not even a little. If you didn't want any information, you shouldn't have clicked the forum message. All you're doing is trying to instigate an argument, with nothing to provide the thread constructively.

As for more information on wizards. I wouldn't be to concerned for now. The fact it's NOT in the faq is alright. It's when they specifically state something isn't going to make it in the FAQ that you should be worried. They have in there that there is still classes to be announced. Look at halflings for instance. They seemed to be out, turns out it was a misprint and now they're back in. I'm sure it's just taking time to balance everything out, and they don't want to cause another drow riot by saying wizards are in, than taking them out for bug fixes. (Which would be a perfectly logical reason to remove something)
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    Honestly, why do you even care so much if he wants information? It doesn't affect you AT ALL. Not even a little. If you didn't want any information, you shouldn't have clicked the forum message. All you're doing is trying to instigate an argument, with nothing to provide the thread constructively.

My initial response was asking a simple question (or two), which were completely relevant to the post. You quoted me and threw in the entitlement statement, which my reply to was still completely relevant to the topic. Information and why there is a lack of it.

For some reason explaining that spending money on a founder's pack doesn't give anyone exemption from information covered by the NDA seemed to get distorted in me saying he had no right to know if a class was going to be in the game at launch, which was never mentioned prior. His post doesn't mention anything about the class not being in the game come launch, neither does mine. You added that non-relevant piece of speculation.

You say I was instigating an argument, I say I was trying to explain why there is no information about the Control Wizard to this point. Still on topic, still relevant and still adding to the discussion.

I am truly sorry that by adding assumptions to what was actually said somehow makes it look like I am trying to argue with you, I'm really not. I am just making it clear that the reason there is not a lot of information on the Control Wizard to this point is because it is still covered by the NDA, and disagreeing with me still won't make it any less true.

But since this seems to be way too touchy, somehow, I will not reply to this any further.

Accept the fact that the NDA still has relevance and lack of information is not omission of that which is lacking the information.

We'll see.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I still don't believe that Wizard won't be a starting class. I think they are just trying to "announce" it this weekend when they have us beta them.

As some of you may know (since I havn't been that quiet about it), my starting cast of characters are going to be a rogue (was going to be a halfling), GWF (probably dwarf for str/con..but maybe halfling if it's available), and Wizard (undecided on the race but maybe human for the bonus feats). That has been my plan for awhile.

I'll roll with it if it's not possible, but one big annoyance is without wizard there will be no even semi-offensive range classes to start with. I could deal with no wizard if there was a ranger for instance, but cleric really doesn't count as ranged offense for me. I could play one, but it's not near my top list.

I don't know how much int plays a roll in a wizards power in NWO....but halflling might be a good race for them as well (good defensive bonuses + con bonus). Funny that the race I was most likely to use for my 3 initial characters may be going poof at launch. Race isn't a HUGE deal to me though so it's not the end of the world.

I figure if they don't have wizard at launch, they will add it fairly soon afterwards so I'll probably just build up my rogue/GWF first...and wait to make my wizard till it's released.

My order of characters (if I get lucky enough for them to be out in time) for my first 5 slots are going to be:

Rogue/GWF/Wizard/Monk/Ranger (ranged build).

After that I want to try Warlock and TWF ranger probably.

So I'm planning on 7 characters eventually hopefully..and then if I'm still interested/having fun and want to play more, I'll expand from there.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    All in due time, do you need to know everything before you play it? Do you not get any joy from discovering things for yourself?

That was constructive and wasn't probing an arguement? I highly doubt it.

Edit: if you truly meant to help, you would have just said "All in due time" and stopped it there.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For those who have not seen it, the perfect world EU team did a Wizard live stream today which you can see here:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworldeu/b/371945532

There's a lot of information on powers, feats, and other items there. I noticed the lack of a "power bar," where other characters have Stealth, Block, Determination, Divinity. Also, Wizard powers appear to use stacks of "Arcane Mastery" and gain additional effects if "Spell Mastery" is active, which presumably is referring to the still-absent bar.

Anyhow, the livestream is an hour and a half but they only do a few quests and spend most of the time taking questions in French. The first gameplay is 20 minutes in; the first quest starts around 28 minutes.