test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Custom guild hall and player housing design using Foundry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where's option 5, Guild halls will be sold in the shop because it will make them more money, and guilds will pay.
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where's option 5, Guild halls will be sold in the shop because it will make them more money, and guilds will pay.

Or the modified version of that. You get a free "small" guild hall, but you pay for more square footage to build on with the foundry.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Or the modified version of that. You get a free "small" guild hall, but you pay for more square footage to build on with the foundry.

I'd buy. Land expansions would make sense. You start with a main hall, and pay for each "wing" added until you reach the max size cryptic wants to allow. Someone could even make a fighting pit in one and have their guild host arena battles :D
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    I'd buy. Land expansions would make sense. You start with a main hall, and pay for each "wing" added until you reach the max size cryptic wants to allow. Someone could even make a fighting pit in one and have their guild host arena battles :D

Yes! Now we're talking!

I'd pay for cool guildhall designs and additions. I just would.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

This would be a very popular model, I feel. It doesn't feel cash-grabby because they give you a basic custom guild hall to work with, but if you want a huge one, that's a value-plus option which can be used to fund further development of the game. It's a good solution because it's fair (everyone expects a guild hall) and I suspect a lot of guilds would gladly pay for more space and utility.
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a great idea - everyone could make their own player housing (and guild master could make a guild hall, and maybe set permissions for certain members to modify it as well).
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So apparently the Foundry does not currently support persistent maps (the type of map which would allow us to make custom housing or guild halls).

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?66301-Foundry-Questions-or-Things-Hoped-to-Exist-in-the-Foundry!/page2&p=1056101&viewfull=1#post1056101

This seems to be a very popular option, judging by the poll results, so please, let's make some noise on this issue until we get a positive response from Cryptic!

They've already indicated that this might be possible in the future, so let's tip the scales in our favour! :)
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah this could make them some money, and be awsome for us!
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looking at how much effort SOE spends on feeding new housing and appearance items into their cash shops I have to think it's a money maker for them. If housing were well done here it shouldn't be any different for Cryptic/PWE, and that's all the incentive they should need to put it in the game.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    swolfe80swolfe80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see guild halls made in the foundry. It only makes sense to me.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    While I can see guild halls and personal housing being Foundry based, the code's there to build enclosures, I think they should be in a separate category from Foundry quests. Also, it was stated before that is would be nice to be able to sell from your house but, it would also be nice if a guild could set up a store as well. While I've seen some posts along the lines of getting a basic house/guild hall to start and buying extras for them, I've not seen how people would be willing to pay for the extras. For a personal house, I could see paying for extras with zen or gold. For a guild, at this time, I can only see gold (unless there is a way to transfer AD or zen to a guild that I don't know about).
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [sarcasm] I think I can safely say that nobody wants guild halls or player housing. Amiright? [/sarcasm]
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would love to be able to edit my house/guild hall with the foundry tool however! I would like to unlock placable items in there rather than just having a list of objects to place. If i've killed a red dragon then I can put its skull at the bottom of my bed! rather than just having the option to plonk one down without ever even seeing one. It would make it feel a little more special when I do achieve something.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maybe you could do it sto style then for the last project custom foundry hall? because i have seen how sto does it and i really like it but foundry would give it some creativity instead of having all the guild halls same.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Or the modified version of that. You get a free "small" guild hall

It's more like it. A 100-gold guild hall with no campfire, no furniture, no vault. And a 5000-Zen version with everything-you-name-it, including a red dragon guarding the entrance.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013
    I voted for both Guild Halls and Housing.

The way I see this, Guild Halls could be accessed from an NPC in Protectors Enclave (or a button in the Guild Interface that instantly ports you to the Hall). As for Housing, either do it the same way as Guild Halls using a NPC to port into your House, or create "neighbourhoods" as instances, so other people may visit other houses, if the owners set the restrictions to allow them to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have mentioned this idea before along with other thoughts on guild improvement. I totally support this and if anyone has the time please read my ideas as well and if you like it, support :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?781891-Suggestions-for-guild-improvement
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    course we will have guildhousing playerhousing the tune of 100kkk x other currency sure...
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elvalianon wrote: »
    I have mentioned this idea before along with other thoughts on guild improvement. I totally support this and if anyone has the time please read my ideas as well and if you like it, support :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?781891-Suggestions-for-guild-improvement

Lol this post is so /Necro and if people post at your link they'll be doing the same to that one :P Obviously people want to discuss it right now, but I think you guys have to start a new thread because this one will prolly get closed.

To OP: +1
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sounds awesome. You can add it on to the long list of things that seem like obvious great ideas to make the game better that won't be implemented because there's no money in it though.