test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Focused Guild?

ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey Guys!

How would you all feel about a possible guild set up for those individuals who are focusing on releasing content within the Foundry? As we'd all be interested in the concept there will be opportunity to share the missions you've created and discuss ideas for upcoming ones?

Thoughts? :)
Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
PvE Enthusiast.
mbre6g.jpg
Post edited by ashrox10 on

Comments

• archiloniarchiloni Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like a nice idea. haven't tried out the foundry so not quite sure what this guild would hold or how it would be based (forum/hp ect.) i think it would need some kinda sharing interface outta game like a forum or a DropBox. But i do think it's a fantastic idea to set up a creative guild bouncing ideas of each other.
    Can the foundry be co produced or is it a single Dungeon Master system? would be fantastic to gather a group of designers and writers.

Think it sounds interesting. i for one, see my self spending alotta time having fun creating these instances.

Best Regards:
    Archiloni
  • vorsthescythevorsthescythe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I honestly will be spending almost all of my time in the foundry. And I love the idea of a Foundry based guild. I hope we get to dabble a bit more in the next beta weekend.
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry system is very important to Zinzeren's Zealotry and our ability to tell our stories. We will be using the system to build up our own lore and/or the lore of the guild. We however are a more complete guild not just focusing on the foundry system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I read/heard somewhere (maybe the podcast linked on the forums here) that they will have a system in place to allow co-authoring of content through the foundry.

Also, a foundry guild sounds pretty cool since once I hit level 15 I probably will not level to max level for a while a I will have my face planted ear deep in the foundry.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really hope they don't make it cost to make multiple foundry missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • kebabpowerkebabpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This could actually be quite a good idea. Not that it would require more than a forum and possibly an IRC channel for chatting. Then we could draw on each other’s experiences, tips and tricks etc. Furthermore as closed testing facility, so we could get some feedback on our module before releasing to the general public, if that is possible that is :)
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think you'll find a lot of guilds will be themed this way.

Our group SHADOW is very much themed around this premise.

We'll have daily RP events and most of those time, those events involve developing and playing each other's scenarios. We don't just help each other out with them, we actually actively participate in them and document what happens to build a rich set of "lore", that weaves itself into an interactive and collaborative campaign.

More than this, we also intend to extend a helping hand to the RP community at large, helping them with their content, providing players if they need it, or providing NPC interaction if they need it, as well as sharing tips and feedback on each other's content.

We'll also take turns being the GM. So everyone in our guild gets a chance to tell a story (if they want to). So there is no "central" GM, rather it's an entirely collaborative approach, an egalitarian method where all have input in the campaign. For those who simply like to watch and play as a player, (no desire to GM), that's fine too.

This by the way, isn't a theory, it's a working design that we've utilized to great effect in other games. We've done this before and it not only works, it produces, I believe, some of the most creative gaming you can ever imagine. It allows us to do things, that not even the table top can do.

It is as close to the true spirit of D&D as you can get, in my tiny and admittedly irrelevant opinion! :)

As much as I tout what we do, we're not unique. All kinds of guilds are opening up to help story crafters weave their stories. We're here to help you too! MMO RP has a mumble meeting to talk about collaboration and methods through which RP guilds can work together, using the Foundry as a key resource to role play and tell great stories within the game.

If you need a Thieves Guild to accentuate your story, if you'd like us to play your content and help you test/judge our guild is at your disposal.

I am so very glad you raised this issue and have interest in creating great content for the community at large.

If we can help you out in anyway, let us know. But also know, we're not the only ones, there's many guilds with similar agendas. All of them, willing to support and aid the creation of great content.

Information on us is below (just click the sig), but I urge you to also look at the other guilds, who see the Foundry as a great device for some fantastic play.

Good luck!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • khoffekhoffe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hammerfist Clan has a Team focused on the Foundry =)

Come check s out at:

www.hammerfistclan.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bean|Beane|Khoffe
    We are a clan that stands strong, stands together and we let nobody venture forth alone.