test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how much do you plan to spend?

2»

Comments

• bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A lot, as long as we get classes such as Barbarian.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    rkrider wrote: »
    So I was wondering, assuming you find this game playable, how much do you think you will spend monthly on it?

Me? About $20 sounds a out right. Know I do not expect the game to give everything for free.... it would close up shop...sombodies got to pay for it.

If you don't want to pay anything please give some concrete suggestion/recommendations on how they could fund the game.

If they would work on a better character customization like neverwinter nights 1 or 2 then I'd spend another $200 for a hero pack and I'd pay a monthly sub. And I would pay for classes or races to play. They also need lots more classes in the game. Like neverwinter nights. Also, need prestige classes and the ability to multi-class.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The money I spend on gaming is all the money I make on gaming; the (very humble) royalties and payments I make for occasionally writing or selling RPG books goes into a paypal account, and when I buy from a cash shop, I pay with that account.

After buying the Guardian pack for $60, I've got a balance of $110. So right now, that's how much I can spend. I've got a couple of things coming out, but that could be months away and royalties are tiny. So I'll be trying to make this money stretch.
  • nikkalnikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What I spend will be determined by what is offered. I'd intended to purchase a pre-purchasable pack, but nothing in them interests me. So I'm hoping they put other things into the cash shop that I actually want to buy. I want to support them, but I don't want to give them money just to give them money, that just makes it more likely that I will continue not finding anything I'd like to purchase. They need to put something up that I actually want.
  • trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It all depends, Like LOL with most everything being free I never paid cash for anything that was untill my perfect champion came out, a tank hybrid that I just "clicked" with, not only did I like her story and her look but I win most games with her, I can carry <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> teams and have gotten pentas and routinely slaughter 1v2 and even 1v3 simply cause I am good at her. So I bought all her skins.

That said neverwinter in my mind has already annoid me on race and class choice, At launch I will spend nothing..... If I don't click with any class and looking at the videos I won't. I have more movement and tanking ability on my riftstalker in rift, and funner action dps on my warrior in tera. And as the game does not have my desired race or half race combo's that are so easy to do I don't understand why the hell they are not adding them yet.

What would I spend? If I could play my desired race and class? Well I spent more then 500$ on STO. I spend a lot on games I like. I spend nothing on bad games. And while I do think neverwinter has potential I need to see their endgame plan and their exspanded races and classes they are bringing out. Four classes at launch is a terrible joke. Yes 4..... not 5... when the fighter class is the base used to create 2 classes that are as different as prot warrior/arms warrior it's the same bloody class.... All they could have done was take barbarian or warlord and shift the abilitys around and you'd have another real base class.
  • slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think my threshold would be about $1k on a single game... anything more my wife would be after me with her +10-ultimate-husband-slaying-kitchen-knife. heh
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)