test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please allow evil Deity choices in CC

2»

Comments

• desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    shaudius : Thanks for the link!!!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Never happen. Cryptic is famous for "play my way or don't play". No villains in a comic book style game they own...wait. No PLAYABLE villains. A neglected "villain" faction in their other game.....why should it be any different here?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    That's kinda odd, I mean I guess it's nice that they make you spend a moment thinking of your character as an RP character for a moment, this being based on a PnP RPG and all, but if it's purely cosmetic and won't be more than a line of text on your character's info page I don't see why they couldn't just let you fill it out yourself. Heck as is I can see plenty of people just ignoring that bit of per-rendered text and just writing "So-and-So is a worshiper of Shar" or whatever in their bio and RPing it as such.

Of course the downside to this is that clerics will still be using the same sparkly holy light spells rather than..um...not sparkly unholy darkness spells I guess. But that's kinda something they'll be bugging me even on good or neutral clerics because everyone will have the same spells and such, I don't know how 4th ed does cleric as a whole, but in other editions if I made a cleric of Tempus, a cleric of Torm, and a cleric of Silvanus or other nature deity they'd most likely be built rather differently.

Doesn't even show up on your character sheet. You can go in after character creation and enter whatever info you desire on the bio window. So really you can click some random god at creation, and then feel in whatever deity you really want on your bio page. Of course that makes the inclusion of the diety/background page during creation a bit puzzling, given that it appears to mean absolutely nothing.
  • falfidorfalfidor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited February 2013
    Like in previous and the original D&D games I would wish to have the choice of deity and in addition to it also between the alignments with specific effects on character quest choice and/or path to solve a quest as well as on personal story during character creation. Maybe this could be implemented in future versions of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I don't even know why they have a deity selection at all, just remove it and let people fill in their deity of choice in the personal background, since it has no bearing in the game.

I'd like to see it have more bearing in the game, with at least deity-specific holy symbols for clerics. It would be rather difficult to do that if my dwarven cleric worshiped "LOLCATZ" or "The Flying Spaghetti Monster."
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    bardbarian wrote: »
    I'd like to see it have more bearing in the game, with at least deity-specific holy symbols for clerics. It would be rather difficult to do that if my dwarven cleric worshiped "LOLCATZ" or "The Flying Spaghetti Monster."

It shouldn't have more bearing in the game because they're likely never going to add an exhaustive list of D&D deities and even if they did that doesn't cover every potential religion or believe system in the game (including not following any deity at all). And if they allowed us to fill in our own deity, the only way your character would worship "LOLCATZ" or "The Flying Spaghetti Monster" would be if you made it so by writting that name. There's also no reason why allowing us to fill in our own deity should prevent them from adding some holy symbols down the line.

The only thing that making us choose a specific deity from a list does is pigeonhole us into an arbitrary list of deities that won't necessarily fit our characters. We should also have the ability to change it after creation because our character's patron deity can change.